Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | welp there goes my love of flair
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 55
Bad fix. Why not revert it on just Obelisks?
Bad fix. Why not revert it on just Obelisks?
312sVxl.png __________
He/him pronouns

Vinesauce fan

+9 hrs ahead of
server time
__
_______________ mRziIh5.png
I'm really happy to see a community poll, genuinely! It's a great step and I'm glad staff's listening (and am a bit sheepish about my own salt, hah).

But I still gotta agree with other folks. There's such a short window on the poll, and right now it's a bit unclear what we're really voting for (maybe a tundra mockup could help?). Plus this is happening RIGHT after backlash, meaning a strong bias to the vote.

I don't think there's really an easy winning move here for staff. With the additional context that this was human error--I hope whoever hit the button's doing alright by the way, like damn--I get y'all can't just hit UNDO on it in good faith. And I get you probably don't want some hangtime, or some hybrid solution of "well we'll revert for now...but then we'll vote......treasure your obes while you can and hope that people vote the way you want".

There's that thing were we judge ourselves by intent and others by results, right? I'd say at least some chunk of the spiciness wasn't because HOW DARE YOU MAKE A MISTAKE FIX THIS NOW FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY, it's because the result of the mistake was a bunch of money and love down the toilet, suddenly and possibly permanently, backed by radio silence broken by (result, not intent) what read as "yeah it's a fix tho"--kind of an eerie echo of eyepocalypse 2.0 for me at least. And the result (not intent) of the response might've seemed like a lot of frothing madperson screaming, whereas (can't speak for others) but my intent at least was more like "oh god this screws things up for people I care about MAKE NOISE OR NOTHING GETS BETTER". Not the smoothest move in retrospect, which is why I happily can't speak for others :D

But like, now the communication channel is open. Maybe just take a sec. I still don't know if there's a winning tact here, but maybe there's at least a better one if everyone conks their coconuts together? For one, there's folks right now asking "hey, why can't Obelisks be different?" Maybe a split poll--revert obes as an "emergency poll", update others as a later poll with a larger window? Or if gene consistency is 100% non-optional, adding an explanation of that to the poll post, even knowing it might not exactly be agreed with.

EDITED a bit to be more clear the parts where I can only speak for myself.

EDITED AGAIN to add a more proper suggestion of where I'd take things at least, maybe others can build on that.
I'm really happy to see a community poll, genuinely! It's a great step and I'm glad staff's listening (and am a bit sheepish about my own salt, hah).

But I still gotta agree with other folks. There's such a short window on the poll, and right now it's a bit unclear what we're really voting for (maybe a tundra mockup could help?). Plus this is happening RIGHT after backlash, meaning a strong bias to the vote.

I don't think there's really an easy winning move here for staff. With the additional context that this was human error--I hope whoever hit the button's doing alright by the way, like damn--I get y'all can't just hit UNDO on it in good faith. And I get you probably don't want some hangtime, or some hybrid solution of "well we'll revert for now...but then we'll vote......treasure your obes while you can and hope that people vote the way you want".

There's that thing were we judge ourselves by intent and others by results, right? I'd say at least some chunk of the spiciness wasn't because HOW DARE YOU MAKE A MISTAKE FIX THIS NOW FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY, it's because the result of the mistake was a bunch of money and love down the toilet, suddenly and possibly permanently, backed by radio silence broken by (result, not intent) what read as "yeah it's a fix tho"--kind of an eerie echo of eyepocalypse 2.0 for me at least. And the result (not intent) of the response might've seemed like a lot of frothing madperson screaming, whereas (can't speak for others) but my intent at least was more like "oh god this screws things up for people I care about MAKE NOISE OR NOTHING GETS BETTER". Not the smoothest move in retrospect, which is why I happily can't speak for others :D

But like, now the communication channel is open. Maybe just take a sec. I still don't know if there's a winning tact here, but maybe there's at least a better one if everyone conks their coconuts together? For one, there's folks right now asking "hey, why can't Obelisks be different?" Maybe a split poll--revert obes as an "emergency poll", update others as a later poll with a larger window? Or if gene consistency is 100% non-optional, adding an explanation of that to the poll post, even knowing it might not exactly be agreed with.

EDITED a bit to be more clear the parts where I can only speak for myself.

EDITED AGAIN to add a more proper suggestion of where I'd take things at least, maybe others can build on that.
cL9yafY.gif
@EarthTiger It doesn't matter when they're pushing for a base line. I spent a lot of money for my 2 pairs. There isn't a real choice here. It's are we following the old manes or getting in line with the other manes when the manes on Obelisks don't match at all. A lot of work that went into the new breed with a lot of people is under fire right now. The old breeds match. Obelisks don't. And the color combinations people worked for are now ruined. It's a Lose Lose situation but because of consistency I went with Obelisk color scheme because the investment I put in not knowing it was a bug was ruined. Even some colors on the old dragons don't look great.
@EarthTiger It doesn't matter when they're pushing for a base line. I spent a lot of money for my 2 pairs. There isn't a real choice here. It's are we following the old manes or getting in line with the other manes when the manes on Obelisks don't match at all. A lot of work that went into the new breed with a lot of people is under fire right now. The old breeds match. Obelisks don't. And the color combinations people worked for are now ruined. It's a Lose Lose situation but because of consistency I went with Obelisk color scheme because the investment I put in not knowing it was a bug was ruined. Even some colors on the old dragons don't look great.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
[quote name="Raidye" date="2021-12-28 14:48:24" ] edit: you know? I'm dumb and that's what you posted it just didn't register because of the Skydancer feathers being the faux zig zag, ignore me [/quote] Nah, I think your point st ill stands. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=82&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=126&auth=ffbe6a91ee0b08b4eb3a33cf4d013ff24da36cf1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The only way to have the accent color on your Tundra's wings is to.... have an XXY, apparently. It kind of makes sense, but there really couldn't be a subtle gradient at the top of their wings?
Raidye wrote on 2021-12-28 14:48:24:
edit: you know? I'm dumb and that's what you posted it just didn't register because of the Skydancer feathers being the faux zig zag, ignore me

Nah, I think your point st ill stands.

dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=82&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=126&auth=ffbe6a91ee0b08b4eb3a33cf4d013ff24da36cf1&dummyext=prev.png

The only way to have the accent color on your Tundra's wings is to.... have an XXY, apparently. It kind of makes sense, but there really couldn't be a subtle gradient at the top of their wings?

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
[quote name="handdrawnviolist" date="2021-12-28 14:41:22" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-12-28 14:30:07" ] [quote name="Cakeless" date="2021-12-28 14:23:23" ] This decision doesn't make sense. We asked for the original Obelisk Flair back, we didn't mention anything about wanting other breeds to match. What's wrong with just leaving things as they were across the board for the Flair gene? [/quote] This is in the interest of ensuring the art for genes is consistent across breeds as our catalog continues to grow exponentially with each new addition. [/quote] @/Aequorin Can we get confirmation as to if this will add the sparkles/etc to the other breed's manes? Particularly in regard to Tundras? I feel like this is a difficult decision to make without at least a mock up on all effected breeds. [/quote] Yes, sparkle gradient manes for all breeds with Flair if the community votes to do that. @handdrawnviolist
handdrawnviolist wrote on 2021-12-28 14:41:22:
Aequorin wrote on 2021-12-28 14:30:07:
Cakeless wrote on 2021-12-28 14:23:23:
This decision doesn't make sense. We asked for the original Obelisk Flair back, we didn't mention anything about wanting other breeds to match. What's wrong with just leaving things as they were across the board for the Flair gene?

This is in the interest of ensuring the art for genes is consistent across breeds as our catalog continues to grow exponentially with each new addition.

@/Aequorin

Can we get confirmation as to if this will add the sparkles/etc to the other breed's manes? Particularly in regard to Tundras? I feel like this is a difficult decision to make without at least a mock up on all effected breeds.

Yes, sparkle gradient manes for all breeds with Flair if the community votes to do that.

@handdrawnviolist
I think, we as a community need a more detailed answer in regards to the poll options right now as there's mostly confusion as to why there needs to be consistency across the breeds for Flair right now when what was yesterday worked best for the breeds.
If there's reasons that make it necessary, do communicate them so we can understand the reasoning behind your actions. After all this is what we've been asking for for years - communication. Transparency.

The move to open a poll to give us a voice is great, I appreciate it greatly as probably most of us do. Just the way you misinterpreted our feedback and implemented just the extremes "Change Obelisks" or "Change everything but Obelisks" isn't what anyone asked for so we're in need why there can't be a "Change Obelisks back, leave the rest as is" option.

Second thing: If there's no way to just revert Obelisks I would and many others would love to see some more examples of other breeds affected by the possible upcoming change. If possible more than one color would be good to see the actual differences because at the moment all we see is one Pearlcatcher and one Obelisk.
I think, we as a community need a more detailed answer in regards to the poll options right now as there's mostly confusion as to why there needs to be consistency across the breeds for Flair right now when what was yesterday worked best for the breeds.
If there's reasons that make it necessary, do communicate them so we can understand the reasoning behind your actions. After all this is what we've been asking for for years - communication. Transparency.

The move to open a poll to give us a voice is great, I appreciate it greatly as probably most of us do. Just the way you misinterpreted our feedback and implemented just the extremes "Change Obelisks" or "Change everything but Obelisks" isn't what anyone asked for so we're in need why there can't be a "Change Obelisks back, leave the rest as is" option.

Second thing: If there's no way to just revert Obelisks I would and many others would love to see some more examples of other breeds affected by the possible upcoming change. If possible more than one color would be good to see the actual differences because at the moment all we see is one Pearlcatcher and one Obelisk.
I hate, hate, hate, HATE this poll. If I vote to save my obe and have her go back to how she was and what I spent time and money to get, I'm voting to ruin everyone else's flair dragons.

@Aequorin there needs to be a third option. REVERT OBES WITHOUT CHANGING EVERYTHING ELSE.

I'm going to be sitting here feeling sick until I see the results on the 30th, and then I'm going to be bawling if my obe stays ruined.
I hate, hate, hate, HATE this poll. If I vote to save my obe and have her go back to how she was and what I spent time and money to get, I'm voting to ruin everyone else's flair dragons.

@Aequorin there needs to be a third option. REVERT OBES WITHOUT CHANGING EVERYTHING ELSE.

I'm going to be sitting here feeling sick until I see the results on the 30th, and then I'm going to be bawling if my obe stays ruined.
[quote name="Anjoulas" date="2021-12-28 14:57:30" ] Second thing: If there's no way to just revert Obelisks I would and many others would love to see some more examples of other breeds affected by the possible upcoming change. If possible more than one color would be good to see the actual differences because at the moment all we see is one Pearlcatcher and one Obelisk. [/quote] Not to mention the example picked is [i]SUPER[/i] misleading! Couldn't have picked Abyss or Dust, I guess.
Anjoulas wrote on 2021-12-28 14:57:30:

Not to mention the example picked is SUPER misleading! Couldn't have picked Abyss or Dust, I guess.
Scribble_Banner.png
I feel like we need to be able to see examples of what each breed might look like. I have a lot of dragons that might be changed if the poll goes towards changing everything, and it might mess up their outfits.

I really feel like there could be a better way to this. We're stuck in a no win situation and it's really not fun for anyone
I feel like we need to be able to see examples of what each breed might look like. I have a lot of dragons that might be changed if the poll goes towards changing everything, and it might mess up their outfits.

I really feel like there could be a better way to this. We're stuck in a no win situation and it's really not fun for anyone
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
[quote name="GiantPandroid" date="2021-12-28 14:50:49" ] Just finished a book and came back on to find the poll. Why are our only two choices: 1) To keep things the way they are now, with everyone upset over them, or 2) Go back to original obelisk flair, but then every other breed with a mane has to follow suit? People were only asking to bring back obelisk manes. Return things to the way they were before this all happened. Why is uniformity with flair between breeds so important all of a sudden? [/quote] OMG yes please no more dreading what will happen to 5 breeds if 2 wins or obelisk people being angry with what happened to their obelisks with 1
GiantPandroid wrote on 2021-12-28 14:50:49:
Just finished a book and came back on to find the poll. Why are our only two choices:

1) To keep things the way they are now, with everyone upset over them, or
2) Go back to original obelisk flair, but then every other breed with a mane has to follow suit?

People were only asking to bring back obelisk manes. Return things to the way they were before this all happened. Why is uniformity with flair between breeds so important all of a sudden?

OMG yes please no more dreading what will happen to 5 breeds if 2 wins or obelisk people being angry with what happened to their obelisks with 1
ism0MYQ.pngoKlBAFC.png kRnGBHl.gif
FR +10
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 55