Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | A Question on Seasonal Event Gathering..
So I've been a part of this site for... Six years now? Going on seven? I dutifully collect thousands of units of food, enough to feed my lair for the week while I dig for chests for the seasonal holiday. I dedicate every gathering turn to the cause, getting a good amount of seasonal currency and materials... But never chests.
In all these years of approaching the elemental festivities with a full charge of gathering turns, I have only managed to get three (yes, I counted) festival skin chests. Three chests in almost seven years. Fifteen turns a day, seven days of digging, eleven elemental holidays, for almost seven years, and only three chests to show for it.
So I ask... How do these chests get on the market in such numbers? Am I doing something wrong? Is there some gimmick I don't know about that could enhance my relationship with RNGesus and allow me to get these chests I see saturating the market every month?
And if I catch one person suggesting an alt account, I will personally submerge your lair in ice for the rest of your eons...
So I've been a part of this site for... Six years now? Going on seven? I dutifully collect thousands of units of food, enough to feed my lair for the week while I dig for chests for the seasonal holiday. I dedicate every gathering turn to the cause, getting a good amount of seasonal currency and materials... But never chests.
In all these years of approaching the elemental festivities with a full charge of gathering turns, I have only managed to get three (yes, I counted) festival skin chests. Three chests in almost seven years. Fifteen turns a day, seven days of digging, eleven elemental holidays, for almost seven years, and only three chests to show for it.
So I ask... How do these chests get on the market in such numbers? Am I doing something wrong? Is there some gimmick I don't know about that could enhance my relationship with RNGesus and allow me to get these chests I see saturating the market every month?
And if I catch one person suggesting an alt account, I will personally submerge your lair in ice for the rest of your eons...
b9aWflB.png
I get most of mine on the Coliseum, but that does seem like a really low number for seven years. RNG is not on your side, it seems.
I get most of mine on the Coliseum, but that does seem like a really low number for seven years. RNG is not on your side, it seems.
MuAIaYM.png
Cleeeeearly...
I have to wonder if my numbers are glitched somehow. Like maybe I suffered some kind of anomalous drop rate malfunction or something... It's driving me batty. With my lair as large as it is now, and with the limited time I have to play on here, the Coliseum just isn't a viable option as I very quickly run out of time for the grind and end up just expending more food trying to heal my dragons.
That and I've hit a skill cap of being unable to level up and out of the scorched looking lands... There's a term for it, and it's something that happens to RPG players with enough frequency that there's an inside joke about it, but I seriously can't remember. lol
Cleeeeearly...
I have to wonder if my numbers are glitched somehow. Like maybe I suffered some kind of anomalous drop rate malfunction or something... It's driving me batty. With my lair as large as it is now, and with the limited time I have to play on here, the Coliseum just isn't a viable option as I very quickly run out of time for the grind and end up just expending more food trying to heal my dragons.
That and I've hit a skill cap of being unable to level up and out of the scorched looking lands... There's a term for it, and it's something that happens to RPG players with enough frequency that there's an inside joke about it, but I seriously can't remember. lol
b9aWflB.png
Most chests come from the coli. We very rarely get chests from digging and can go several festivals in a row without any. There have also been festivals in the past where the chests were accidentally added to scavenging instead of digging, so if you didn't know you wouldn't have had any chance of a chest during those weeks.

As for the coli try this guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3046364/1
It isn't fully finished but it should make training a team much easier. Balanced stats isn't the way to go, glass cannons with high STR and QCK do better. Even if it takes a while having a full level 25 team will be worth it in the end.
Or if you have the money you could buy some level 25s from the AH and use those instead.
Most chests come from the coli. We very rarely get chests from digging and can go several festivals in a row without any. There have also been festivals in the past where the chests were accidentally added to scavenging instead of digging, so if you didn't know you wouldn't have had any chance of a chest during those weeks.

As for the coli try this guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3046364/1
It isn't fully finished but it should make training a team much easier. Balanced stats isn't the way to go, glass cannons with high STR and QCK do better. Even if it takes a while having a full level 25 team will be worth it in the end.
Or if you have the money you could buy some level 25s from the AH and use those instead.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png