Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Podcast fans?
1 2
@Purrloinedlove ooh now im curious, what waters do you traverse?
Were Alive.
Its more of an audio drama then a podcast, but its all zombie appolicaps stuff and I will contuie to recomend it to people till I die. I love it so much. Its like 12 years old and there still makeing more stuff!

(I also play animal crossing with the creator so im baised)
Were Alive.
Its more of an audio drama then a podcast, but its all zombie appolicaps stuff and I will contuie to recomend it to people till I die. I love it so much. Its like 12 years old and there still makeing more stuff!

(I also play animal crossing with the creator so im baised)
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
Gjf5omr.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
AYz7995.png
YMPbu9R.png

Hi, I'm Tan! I collect G1s and Oldies!
Ahh so glad to see fellow Family in the Green here!

I LOVE the Old Gods of Appalachia so much. I also listen to/love:

Fiction:
  • The White Vault
  • Southern Gothic
  • Wolf 359 (It's complete but always worth a re-listen!)
  • Limetown (Again, complete, but worth a re-listen!)
  • The Phenomenon (Complete)
  • Darkest Night (Complete- gore/horror warning)
  • The NoSleep Podcast ♥

I used to listen to Lore, but it has gotten pretty repetitive with ghost stories that are similar. I love Aaron Mahnke's narration but Lore has gotten stale to me.

Non-Fiction:
  • This Podcast Will Kill You (Viruses, Vaccines, Diseases OH MY)
  • Tracks to Relax (I swear by this for falling asleep)
  • Small Town Murder (True Crime Comedy- definitely not something you listen to in polite company lol)
Ahh so glad to see fellow Family in the Green here!

I LOVE the Old Gods of Appalachia so much. I also listen to/love:

Fiction:
  • The White Vault
  • Southern Gothic
  • Wolf 359 (It's complete but always worth a re-listen!)
  • Limetown (Again, complete, but worth a re-listen!)
  • The Phenomenon (Complete)
  • Darkest Night (Complete- gore/horror warning)
  • The NoSleep Podcast ♥

I used to listen to Lore, but it has gotten pretty repetitive with ghost stories that are similar. I love Aaron Mahnke's narration but Lore has gotten stale to me.

Non-Fiction:
  • This Podcast Will Kill You (Viruses, Vaccines, Diseases OH MY)
  • Tracks to Relax (I swear by this for falling asleep)
  • Small Town Murder (True Crime Comedy- definitely not something you listen to in polite company lol)
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
yes!!!

i listened to the rooster teeth podcast and on the spot way back when too! now i mostly listen to audio dramas and stuff! mbmbam was honestly a gateway for me. if there is a mcelroy i will lend my ears. i love sawbones too since i find medical history interesting!

i've listened to the adventure zone: balance and i really enjoyed it! i'm also currently listening to amnesty

i also really really loved the magnus archives! which got me more into the genre of audiodrama in general, as well as more into the overall horror genre. i wasn't big on it before tma

i'm also almost done with wolf359!! i love it a whole lot, i just have the finale left but i haven't found time to listen yet :(

i plan on also listening to:
-camp here & there (horror/comedy, it's new!)
-not another d&d podcast
-the adventure zone: ethersea
-the penumbra podcast
-greater boston
-archive 81
-ars paradoxia
-janus descending
yes!!!

i listened to the rooster teeth podcast and on the spot way back when too! now i mostly listen to audio dramas and stuff! mbmbam was honestly a gateway for me. if there is a mcelroy i will lend my ears. i love sawbones too since i find medical history interesting!

i've listened to the adventure zone: balance and i really enjoyed it! i'm also currently listening to amnesty

i also really really loved the magnus archives! which got me more into the genre of audiodrama in general, as well as more into the overall horror genre. i wasn't big on it before tma

i'm also almost done with wolf359!! i love it a whole lot, i just have the finale left but i haven't found time to listen yet :(

i plan on also listening to:
-camp here & there (horror/comedy, it's new!)
-not another d&d podcast
-the adventure zone: ethersea
-the penumbra podcast
-greater boston
-archive 81
-ars paradoxia
-janus descending
fKJwbdW.png
literally every time someone posts about podcasts on this site I log on and start frantically playing the keyboard bongos about I Am In Eskew. GENUINELY world-class podcast; it's not just my favorite horror podcast, but my favorite piece of horror fiction in general. It's about a man trapped in a city that is alive and tormenting him, and the attempts on the outside to get him out. It's one of the best pieces of structural horror possibly ever, and it's a fantastic commentary on both the horrors of Living In A Society and of mental illness. It's genuinely just... so good. A quick warning, though: a mild body horror warning for Eskew is equivalent to a Flesh-based episode from The Magnus Archives. It's very heavily content-warned, but it's pretty upsetting if you're not into that sort of thing. I had to stop around Respite because it was so disturbing.

The creators have also started work on The Silt Verses, which is just getting started, but has a MUCH higher production value and is also very good. It's about two believers in an outlawed faith traveling the land to find others like them, and MAN... it's fantastic. Similar warning to I Am In Eskew -- it does NOT pull its punches with the body horror. (also canon aro character!!)

If you like horror podcasts, though, I would really REALLY recommend listening to the first episode of either, just to see if you'd like it. They're very much worth it, and they're both CRIMINALLY underrated.
literally every time someone posts about podcasts on this site I log on and start frantically playing the keyboard bongos about I Am In Eskew. GENUINELY world-class podcast; it's not just my favorite horror podcast, but my favorite piece of horror fiction in general. It's about a man trapped in a city that is alive and tormenting him, and the attempts on the outside to get him out. It's one of the best pieces of structural horror possibly ever, and it's a fantastic commentary on both the horrors of Living In A Society and of mental illness. It's genuinely just... so good. A quick warning, though: a mild body horror warning for Eskew is equivalent to a Flesh-based episode from The Magnus Archives. It's very heavily content-warned, but it's pretty upsetting if you're not into that sort of thing. I had to stop around Respite because it was so disturbing.

The creators have also started work on The Silt Verses, which is just getting started, but has a MUCH higher production value and is also very good. It's about two believers in an outlawed faith traveling the land to find others like them, and MAN... it's fantastic. Similar warning to I Am In Eskew -- it does NOT pull its punches with the body horror. (also canon aro character!!)

If you like horror podcasts, though, I would really REALLY recommend listening to the first episode of either, just to see if you'd like it. They're very much worth it, and they're both CRIMINALLY underrated.
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
[quote name="locallovebug" date="2021-06-16 05:04:21" ] @Purrloinedlove ooh now im curious, what waters do you traverse? [/quote] Night Vale, Multitude, Wolf 359, The Penumbra Podcast, Brimstone Valley Mall, Everything is Alive, and more.
locallovebug wrote on 2021-06-16 05:04:21:
Night Vale, Multitude, Wolf 359, The Penumbra Podcast, Brimstone Valley Mall, Everything is Alive, and more.
dT9HQge.png zSxEqNq.png eIK5iG7.png WKtl2lb.png
GIJjY9o.png wqvfdXO.png fqRBC9C.png Z2soOA2.png
q9EEy5M.png EHXIkb0.png 2eDtvZS.png YMPbu9R.png
pretty much the only podcast i listen to is eos 10, it’s a big comfort for me i love it

i’ve listened to a bit of welcome to nightvale before as well and i also love it!! it’s been a while though
pretty much the only podcast i listen to is eos 10, it’s a big comfort for me i love it

i’ve listened to a bit of welcome to nightvale before as well and i also love it!! it’s been a while though
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
Magnus Archives is great! I thiiink I've heard the entirety of season 1, but I gotta get back into it and finish the series. When I was in high school, I was also super into Welcome to Night Vale, but that's another one I haven't listened to in ages, and I believe I stopped at season 2.

These days I'm mostly listening to The Last Podcast on the Left; I saw someone mentioned it earlier, but it's dark comedy meets true crime. The hosts are genuinely funny, and while some of their earlier content is a little on the sketchy side, I can at least vouch for the quality of the last 50-100 episodes. They cover true crime, cryptids, the supernatural, and historical figures tied to those subjects. The wife of one of the hosts also recently started her own true crime podcast called Someplace Under Neith, which specifically focuses on cases of missing women that have largely faded from public awareness. She's also got a great sense of humor, but I feel like the tone is a little more grounded and serious, if that's more your bag!

I think I'm gonna have to check out Old Gods of Appalachia, because your earlier description sounds spooky but oddly comfy, which I'm 100% here for
Magnus Archives is great! I thiiink I've heard the entirety of season 1, but I gotta get back into it and finish the series. When I was in high school, I was also super into Welcome to Night Vale, but that's another one I haven't listened to in ages, and I believe I stopped at season 2.

These days I'm mostly listening to The Last Podcast on the Left; I saw someone mentioned it earlier, but it's dark comedy meets true crime. The hosts are genuinely funny, and while some of their earlier content is a little on the sketchy side, I can at least vouch for the quality of the last 50-100 episodes. They cover true crime, cryptids, the supernatural, and historical figures tied to those subjects. The wife of one of the hosts also recently started her own true crime podcast called Someplace Under Neith, which specifically focuses on cases of missing women that have largely faded from public awareness. She's also got a great sense of humor, but I feel like the tone is a little more grounded and serious, if that's more your bag!

I think I'm gonna have to check out Old Gods of Appalachia, because your earlier description sounds spooky but oddly comfy, which I'm 100% here for
47.png inmediasres
she/her | fr + 3 | avatar dragon
@Mynty I just recently got invested in MBMBAM an I'm literally listening to episode ONE of the Adventure Zone right now. After seeing a thousand GORGEOUS animatics/videos and clips of the AZ, I finally decided literally today to commit... wish me luck. :')

@Mynty I just recently got invested in MBMBAM an I'm literally listening to episode ONE of the Adventure Zone right now. After seeing a thousand GORGEOUS animatics/videos and clips of the AZ, I finally decided literally today to commit... wish me luck. :')

Hey, you should follow my Instagram and buy my cool ART!
@Celsol

That's great! I really love it, let me know what you think! It starts off kinda slow but it really picks up after a sec :) It's a ton of fun, and the finale did make me cry. Totally fell in love with the characters and the animatics are beautiful!!
@Celsol

That's great! I really love it, let me know what you think! It starts off kinda slow but it really picks up after a sec :) It's a ton of fun, and the finale did make me cry. Totally fell in love with the characters and the animatics are beautiful!!
fKJwbdW.png
1 2