Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Obelisk Shrinking?
When I got my male obelisk these were his measurements, I had them saved to compare them with friends so we could guess the average size. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/854773049692913677/854782327313924156/unknown.png[/img] But now after I've given him apparel and genes(not sure if they're related but they could be) he's become much smaller. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/854773049692913677/854808688102211604/unknown.png[/img] This is the dragon I had the problem with. [url]https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70117445[/url]
When I got my male obelisk these were his measurements, I had them saved to compare them with friends so we could guess the average size.
unknown.png
But now after I've given him apparel and genes(not sure if they're related but they could be) he's become much smaller.
unknown.png
This is the dragon I had the problem with. https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70117445
GLMwkdE.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mjtJ868.png
fkWjutW.png
Milk
Gang
Forever
mine shrunk too!
mine shrunk too!
call me lumi or al!
any pronouns
sometimes i struggle to type properly, please be patient with me
click for pwyw min 50 gem sketches!
I haven't given my Obelisks any apparel/genes yet, but I've noticed that my Dustcarve reward Obelisk is tiny as well! I'm not sure if she shrunk, as I don't think I checked size when I first hatched her, but she's smaller than her hatchlings! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70113690][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/481845581405224963/854810040208850949/unknown.png[/img][/url] I bred her, as well as a couple other Obelisks I've got, but neither of the other two Obelisks shrunk, so I don't think it's breeding either. I also picked up a second tiny Obelisk from the AH! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70122608][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/481845581405224963/854815656926511124/unknown.png[/img][/url] He's even smaller than the first one! [i]Edit: The other bred Obelisk I have has now shrunk, so I'm figuring that this is also the breeding bug.[/i]
I haven't given my Obelisks any apparel/genes yet, but I've noticed that my Dustcarve reward Obelisk is tiny as well!
I'm not sure if she shrunk, as I don't think I checked size when I first hatched her, but she's smaller than her hatchlings!
unknown.png
I bred her, as well as a couple other Obelisks I've got, but neither of the other two Obelisks shrunk, so I don't think it's breeding either.
I also picked up a second tiny Obelisk from the AH!
unknown.png
He's even smaller than the first one!

Edit: The other bred Obelisk I have has now shrunk, so I'm figuring that this is also the breeding bug.
LKF!
(They/Them)
Bogsneak Enjoyer
Comms - Art Search
Hello @Fenny2 @Almondgames,

It looks like this is an unintended consequence of the fact the Dormant Obelisk Statue creates adult Obelisk dragons. Normally dragons scale up in size as their initial breeding cooldown elapses (25 days in the case of Obelisks.) However, if they have no breeding cooldown active they are always shown at their final size. So they would have shown up as full size and then "shrunk" after breeding.

We will look into whether there is anything particular we can do here to fix this bug, but in the mean time, don't worry, your dragons will eventually end up the correct size!
Hello @Fenny2 @Almondgames,

It looks like this is an unintended consequence of the fact the Dormant Obelisk Statue creates adult Obelisk dragons. Normally dragons scale up in size as their initial breeding cooldown elapses (25 days in the case of Obelisks.) However, if they have no breeding cooldown active they are always shown at their final size. So they would have shown up as full size and then "shrunk" after breeding.

We will look into whether there is anything particular we can do here to fix this bug, but in the mean time, don't worry, your dragons will eventually end up the correct size!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
It looks like this is affecting other modern breeds too, not just Obelisks anymore.
It looks like this is affecting other modern breeds too, not just Obelisks anymore.
herbs.png
[quote name="Mutron" date="2021-06-16 13:16:10" ] Hello @/Fenny2 @/Almondgames, It looks like this is an unintended consequence of the fact the Dormant Obelisk Statue creates adult Obelisk dragons. Normally dragons scale up in size as their initial breeding cooldown elapses (25 days in the case of Obelisks.) However, if they have no breeding cooldown active they are always shown at their final size. So they would have shown up as full size and then "shrunk" after breeding. We will look into whether there is anything particular we can do here to fix this bug, but in the mean time, don't worry, your dragons will eventually end up the correct size! [/quote] OHHHH I understand it now!!!! The reason this affects progens and obelisks is because they're brought into the site as adults with no breeding cooldown, so they're fully grown, but the reason this isn't a problem for other dragons is because they can't breed until they're fully grown. It all makes sense now.
Mutron wrote on 2021-06-16 13:16:10:
Hello @/Fenny2 @/Almondgames,

OHHHH I understand it now!!!!

The reason this affects progens and obelisks is because they're brought into the site as adults with no breeding cooldown, so they're fully grown, but the reason this isn't a problem for other dragons is because they can't breed until they're fully grown. It all makes sense now.
@GIBRALTAR Yeah, it's been a bug for a while. Some dragons just magically shrink the first time they breed, and I don't think it's always just the ones spawned as adults. But the second time they breed, it shouldn't ever do it again. Not sure what makes it happen.
@GIBRALTAR Yeah, it's been a bug for a while. Some dragons just magically shrink the first time they breed, and I don't think it's always just the ones spawned as adults. But the second time they breed, it shouldn't ever do it again. Not sure what makes it happen.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
Happened to mine too. I forget her exact original size, but it was definitely above 10, and after breeding her I've found she's gone down to 2-ish. Annoying and hilarious at the same time!
Happened to mine too. I forget her exact original size, but it was definitely above 10, and after breeding her I've found she's gone down to 2-ish. Annoying and hilarious at the same time!
image4.png patrol.png 1qSQ4Z1.gif]
Smol
Smol
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
@Mutron May I inquire if this bug has been fixed?
@Mutron May I inquire if this bug has been fixed?
Alex's Creepy Cookout Raffle
Morpheon Gach'adopt

FR+9 · They
28 y.o.

Shadom Bakery