Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 8th Anniversary: Dustcarve Dig
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 223 224
[quote name="GneissSnappers" date="2021-06-08 17:51:46" ] @Undel Pardon me, I may have phrased badly. What I, and I think a lot of people want to know, is... if we sleep for the recommended eight hours, are we going to wake up and find we've missed a milestone? All we want to know is if there will be a minimum delay between the time a milestone ends and when it is reset, not when each milestone will specifically reset. That said, I love this event and appreciate all of the effort and art and amazing work that went into it. Didn't want anyone to think I'm down on the event itself, or the admins. I'm just slightly confused. [/quote] as per the event guidelines, as long as you contribute at least one (1) item per milestone, you'll be given a reward. here's what the forum says! [i]Participation & Rewards It is purposely very easy to participate in the event, and the Dustcarve Dig will reward players in two ways: Per Milestone: [b]If you turn in at least one (1) item during a milestone, you will receive a reward for participating in that milestone.[/b] There are five (5) milestones for this event, so if you turn in an item for each, you'll get five (5) milestone rewards in all. Event Conclusion: [b]If you turn in at least one (1) item in at least one (1) milestone during the entire run of the event, you will receive a reward for participating in the event when it has fully concluded.[/b] We encourage all players to participate in at least one (1) milestone, because the event reward is very special! [/i] i imagine you'll be fine getting 8 hours of sleep! i'd like to think you can claim the reward then continue to provide for the event.
GneissSnappers wrote on 2021-06-08 17:51:46:
@Undel

Pardon me, I may have phrased badly. What I, and I think a lot of people want to know, is... if we sleep for the recommended eight hours, are we going to wake up and find we've missed a milestone?

All we want to know is if there will be a minimum delay between the time a milestone ends and when it is reset, not when each milestone will specifically reset.

That said, I love this event and appreciate all of the effort and art and amazing work that went into it. Didn't want anyone to think I'm down on the event itself, or the admins. I'm just slightly confused.

as per the event guidelines, as long as you contribute at least one (1) item per milestone, you'll be given a reward.
here's what the forum says!

Participation & Rewards

It is purposely very easy to participate in the event, and the Dustcarve Dig will reward players in two ways:

Per Milestone: If you turn in at least one (1) item during a milestone, you will receive a reward for participating in that milestone. There are five (5) milestones for this event, so if you turn in an item for each, you'll get five (5) milestone rewards in all.
Event Conclusion: If you turn in at least one (1) item in at least one (1) milestone during the entire run of the event, you will receive a reward for participating in the event when it has fully concluded. We encourage all players to participate in at least one (1) milestone, because the event reward is very special!

i imagine you'll be fine getting 8 hours of sleep! i'd like to think you can claim the reward then continue to provide for the event.
1TDCsJA.png xxxxxxxxxxx

kapro
she/they
-
i like dragons...
...and dinosaurs
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 17:26:51" ] [quote name="@TheFloralFaun" date="2021-06-08 17:07:27" ] @/Undel Question, I think it was mentioned that staff has to flip a switch in order to send us into the next stage for the event. So lets say when the current tunnel is complete are y'all gonna wait till roll over to flip said switch. Cause we have almost finished this first stage, but what about the players in opposite times zones? Are they going to miss out because they were asleep, because that would really suck. I'm just a lot confused on how we move forward to the next stage in the event. [quote name="GneissSnappers" date="2021-06-08 17:05:56" ] Pardon me if this has been addressed but I'm still halfway through the thread and I'm a bit anxious. Does this mean there will potentially be more than one milestone a day? And if that's the case, do those of us who want to make sure we get all the rewards need to keep a constant vigil to make sure we don't miss a milestone? I'd hate to head to bed and wake up and find out I missed a couple milestones. [/quote] Seems I'm not alone in this concern and I know several others not in the thread that have discussed this concern with me as well. [/quote] The answer to your question is here in [b]Event Pacing:[/b] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2021-06-08 08:52:26" ] [size=4][b]Event Pacing[/b][/size] While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and milestones will conclude on their own, the act of kicking off new milestones is a [b]manual process[/b] that the development team of [i]Flight Rising[/i] will be controlling. [b]This is primarily so that our team can be present for support, monitoring, and the fun of the event without necessitating any of our team members needing to stay up at odd-hours to watch milestones changeover or the event rapidly conclude. As we've said before, we don't exercise crunch at our company, and prefer our employees work fairly standard hours for their own well-being. This is part of that promise.[/b] While we won't be able to give a definitive time that milestones will begin, you can expect that they'll likely be sometime early in the day [b]when the majority of our team starts work and is present.[/b] [/quote] There will be [b]no rollover progression[/b] to the next milestone. We'll let you know in advance—[b]but after the milestone has been met and the turn-in bar filled completely. [/b] [/quote] This doesn't address the concern of time zones though. Or working members either. If a milestone is completed in barely 12 hours (which the first one is very much on that track) then people on opposite time zones are not going to be able to participate. Will these people still be able to turn in items if the bars are full? Will they miss out entirely if staff flips it before they reasonably get a chance to play? You state that it will be manually flipped by staff once the bars fill, but we are not given a TIME for that. Will it be complete complete or will they be able to submit once the bar fills but before staff flips the switch? What if for example the US time players fill the bars before Asian players even get up and about will they not be able to participate? I understand the need to not have staff up at odd hours but the way you are all phrasing this it makes me feel like we are going to be leaving out a LARGE portion of our members.
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 17:26:51:
@TheFloralFaun wrote on 2021-06-08 17:07:27:
@/Undel

Question, I think it was mentioned that staff has to flip a switch in order to send us into the next stage for the event.

So lets say when the current tunnel is complete are y'all gonna wait till roll over to flip said switch. Cause we have almost finished this first stage, but what about the players in opposite times zones? Are they going to miss out because they were asleep, because that would really suck.

I'm just a lot confused on how we move forward to the next stage in the event.
GneissSnappers wrote on 2021-06-08 17:05:56:
Pardon me if this has been addressed but I'm still halfway through the thread and I'm a bit anxious. Does this mean there will potentially be more than one milestone a day? And if that's the case, do those of us who want to make sure we get all the rewards need to keep a constant vigil to make sure we don't miss a milestone? I'd hate to head to bed and wake up and find out I missed a couple milestones.

Seems I'm not alone in this concern and I know several others not in the thread that have discussed this concern with me as well.

The answer to your question is here in Event Pacing:
Xhaztol wrote on 2021-06-08 08:52:26:

Event Pacing

While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and milestones will conclude on their own, the act of kicking off new milestones is a manual process that the development team of Flight Rising will be controlling. This is primarily so that our team can be present for support, monitoring, and the fun of the event without necessitating any of our team members needing to stay up at odd-hours to watch milestones changeover or the event rapidly conclude. As we've said before, we don't exercise crunch at our company, and prefer our employees work fairly standard hours for their own well-being. This is part of that promise.

While we won't be able to give a definitive time that milestones will begin, you can expect that they'll likely be sometime early in the day when the majority of our team starts work and is present.

There will be no rollover progression to the next milestone. We'll let you know in advance—but after the milestone has been met and the turn-in bar filled completely.

This doesn't address the concern of time zones though. Or working members either. If a milestone is completed in barely 12 hours (which the first one is very much on that track) then people on opposite time zones are not going to be able to participate.

Will these people still be able to turn in items if the bars are full? Will they miss out entirely if staff flips it before they reasonably get a chance to play?

You state that it will be manually flipped by staff once the bars fill, but we are not given a TIME for that. Will it be complete complete or will they be able to submit once the bar fills but before staff flips the switch? What if for example the US time players fill the bars before Asian players even get up and about will they not be able to participate?

I understand the need to not have staff up at odd hours but the way you are all phrasing this it makes me feel like we are going to be leaving out a LARGE portion of our members.
2ZDoHTE.png
[quote name="Kapro" date="2021-06-08 17:55:06" ] [quote name="GneissSnappers" date="2021-06-08 17:51:46" ] @Undel Pardon me, I may have phrased badly. What I, and I think a lot of people want to know, is... if we sleep for the recommended eight hours, are we going to wake up and find we've missed a milestone? All we want to know is if there will be a minimum delay between the time a milestone ends and when it is reset, not when each milestone will specifically reset. That said, I love this event and appreciate all of the effort and art and amazing work that went into it. Didn't want anyone to think I'm down on the event itself, or the admins. I'm just slightly confused. [/quote] as per the event guidelines, as long as you contribute at least one (1) item per milestone, you'll be given a reward. here's what the forum says! [i]Participation & Rewards It is purposely very easy to participate in the event, and the Dustcarve Dig will reward players in two ways: Per Milestone: [b]If you turn in at least one (1) item during a milestone, you will receive a reward for participating in that milestone.[/b] There are five (5) milestones for this event, so if you turn in an item for each, you'll get five (5) milestone rewards in all. Event Conclusion: [b]If you turn in at least one (1) item in at least one (1) milestone during the entire run of the event, you will receive a reward for participating in the event when it has fully concluded.[/b] We encourage all players to participate in at least one (1) milestone, because the event reward is very special! [/i] [/quote] No, I understand that part. But if a milestone is completed in say, four hours, and I sleep for eight and go to sleep before it starts and the turnover to the new milestone is immediate, I'll miss that milestone entirely. Whereas if I know that there are at least 5 or six hours between when a milestone is finished and when a new one starts, I'll know I'm not going to miss anything by going to bed.
Kapro wrote on 2021-06-08 17:55:06:
GneissSnappers wrote on 2021-06-08 17:51:46:
@Undel

Pardon me, I may have phrased badly. What I, and I think a lot of people want to know, is... if we sleep for the recommended eight hours, are we going to wake up and find we've missed a milestone?

All we want to know is if there will be a minimum delay between the time a milestone ends and when it is reset, not when each milestone will specifically reset.

That said, I love this event and appreciate all of the effort and art and amazing work that went into it. Didn't want anyone to think I'm down on the event itself, or the admins. I'm just slightly confused.

as per the event guidelines, as long as you contribute at least one (1) item per milestone, you'll be given a reward.
here's what the forum says!

Participation & Rewards

It is purposely very easy to participate in the event, and the Dustcarve Dig will reward players in two ways:

Per Milestone: If you turn in at least one (1) item during a milestone, you will receive a reward for participating in that milestone. There are five (5) milestones for this event, so if you turn in an item for each, you'll get five (5) milestone rewards in all.
Event Conclusion: If you turn in at least one (1) item in at least one (1) milestone during the entire run of the event, you will receive a reward for participating in the event when it has fully concluded. We encourage all players to participate in at least one (1) milestone, because the event reward is very special!

No, I understand that part. But if a milestone is completed in say, four hours, and I sleep for eight and go to sleep before it starts and the turnover to the new milestone is immediate, I'll miss that milestone entirely. Whereas if I know that there are at least 5 or six hours between when a milestone is finished and when a new one starts, I'll know I'm not going to miss anything by going to bed.
@Aequorin

Ah jeez let me try and type this out like how it is in my head.

I don't see how this tells me that it will be available for every person. This event started for me at about 10am-ish and at 7:45 pm the first milestone is almost achieved. Every milestone gets players something but I know that there is a decent chunk of players who haven't even finished sleeping. When the bar is filled will they still be able to turn in items or are they out of luck?

It may be me just not understanding how you worded that, but my biggest concern is here "Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase."

Are people who are either asleep, at school, or at work in opposite time zones going to be able to still submit items to get the one item requirement even if the milestone is considered complete? It would really suck if they missed out on the event because life happened to them that they cant avoid.

(Sorry if I completely flubbed on the first questions post, I don't really understand how we move forward in the event but not really worried about it as much as this.)

And lets say the tables turn, I go to sleep and a different milestone becomes complete while I'm out. Do I just have to suck it up and miss out because my body needed rest? Cause as much as I would love the rewards I'm not going to avoid sleeping/daily activities just to grab these things because the timing is so fast in the milestone.
@Aequorin

I don't see how this tells me that it will be available for every person. This event started for me at about 10am-ish and at 7:45 pm the first milestone is almost achieved. Every milestone gets players something but I know that there is a decent chunk of players who haven't even finished sleeping. When the bar is filled will they still be able to turn in items or are they out of luck?

It may be me just not understanding how you worded that, but my biggest concern is here "Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase."

Are people who are either asleep, at school, or at work in opposite time zones going to be able to still submit items to get the one item requirement even if the milestone is considered complete? It would really suck if they missed out on the event because life happened to them that they cant avoid.

(Sorry if I completely flubbed on the first questions post, I don't really understand how we move forward in the event but not really worried about it as much as this.)

And lets say the tables turn, I go to sleep and a different milestone becomes complete while I'm out. Do I just have to suck it up and miss out because my body needed rest? Cause as much as I would love the rewards I'm not going to avoid sleeping/daily activities just to grab these things because the timing is so fast in the milestone.
Wooo, congrats on 8 years! This event is so cute! But why is the snapper using a pickaxe, if they're already naturally suited for digging with their claws/nails? :Oc
Wooo, congrats on 8 years! This event is so cute! But why is the snapper using a pickaxe, if they're already naturally suited for digging with their claws/nails? :Oc
[LvA 2023] Top 26 Ticket Earners / badge by Irithyll (#157246)_
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
(spoilers for taz: b)
_Contralto / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)Ace / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)
[center]Hnng, this is so cool! I love this site and the staff so much and am stoked for having been here for all 8 years of it! Here's to many more wonderful years to come~ [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/center]
Hnng, this is so cool! I love this site and the staff so much and am stoked for having been here for all 8 years of it! Here's to many more wonderful years to come~
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="@TheFloralFaun" date="2021-06-08 17:59:45" ] Ah jeez let me try and type this out like how it is in my head. I don't see how this tells me that it will be available for every person. This event started for me at about 10am-ish and at 7:45 pm the first milestone is almost achieved. Every milestone gets players something but I know that there is a decent chunk of players who haven't even finished sleeping. When the bar is filled will they still be able to turn in items or are they out of luck? It may be me just not understanding how you worded that, but my biggest concern is here "Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase." Are people who are either asleep, at school, or at work in opposite time zones going to be able to still submit items to get the one item requirement even if the milestone is considered complete? It would really suck if they missed out on the event because life happened to them that they cant avoid. (Sorry if I completely flubbed on the first questions post, I don't really understand how we move forward in the event but not really worried about it as much as this.) [/quote] Players can still turn in event items even after the bar has been filled for milestone credit. We'll communicate clearly when the milestones switch [b]in advance[/b]. Milestone progression will happen during our normal daytime working hours.
@TheFloralFaun wrote on 2021-06-08 17:59:45:

Players can still turn in event items even after the bar has been filled for milestone credit. We'll communicate clearly when the milestones switch in advance. Milestone progression will happen during our normal daytime working hours.
This is exciting! I love the new event already~
I'm low-key already wishing that this feature or something like it remains or reappears every year now. . .
This is exciting! I love the new event already~
I'm low-key already wishing that this feature or something like it remains or reappears every year now. . .
841EblB.gif
@Aequorin

Ah that makes me feel so much better that they can still turn things in. I was just really worried.

I was just concerned that with not having a set time told on when the next milestone will begin that their wont be enough time for everyone. Like the in advance thing is nice however it still makes me squirm cause what if you miss that and are still out of luck.

I'm kinda rambling now, but thank you for answering my questions.
@Aequorin

Ah that makes me feel so much better that they can still turn things in. I was just really worried.

I was just concerned that with not having a set time told on when the next milestone will begin that their wont be enough time for everyone. Like the in advance thing is nice however it still makes me squirm cause what if you miss that and are still out of luck.

I'm kinda rambling now, but thank you for answering my questions.
[quote name="Natron" date="2021-06-08 15:15:16" ] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1634744&skin=0&apparel=6275,23121,12898,35202,283,17912,491,23120,32983,23123,23722&xt=dressing.png[/img] I must say...iconic or perhaps even- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1634753&skin=0&apparel=6275,23123,23121,12898,35202,283,17912,491,23120,32983,23722&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/quote] @Natron These scries and outfits are excellent! On a different note I love how Joxar is chilling underneath Galore's beard in the scene ghfsajdhkghfdasd
Natron wrote on 2021-06-08 15:15:16:
scry?sdid=1634744&skin=0&apparel=6275,23121,12898,35202,283,17912,491,23120,32983,23123,23722&xt=dressing.png

I must say...iconic

or perhaps even-

scry?sdid=1634753&skin=0&apparel=6275,23123,23121,12898,35202,283,17912,491,23120,32983,23722&xt=dressing.png

@Natron These scries and outfits are excellent!

On a different note I love how Joxar is chilling underneath Galore's beard in the scene ghfsajdhkghfdasd
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 223 224