Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 199 200
Major breach of trust. Should not have been implemented like this.
Major breach of trust. Should not have been implemented like this.
The day has finally come. . .
The day has finally come. . .
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
[quote name="vysearcadia" date="2021-05-03 13:36:54" ] I think this update is a little convoluted and difficult to parse. It's nice and does provide a solution for those who need it, but there's MANY contradictions in it that make me wonder if this is all just a ploy to be a treasure sink. I'm not upset at the update, and as a more casual player, this is much more attainable for me. I don't have time for Flight Rising, so my lazy self can get the dragons I want now, but I want to address how poorly worded your explanation section is, and some reasons why it is getting so much negative attention. [quote]It was important for us to retain the hatchling surprises of the old system, while giving players a path forward for their existing dragons (through enough effort, time, and treasure)[/quote] If this was the case, this implies some really unfair things onto players: 1. This wording is really inconsiderate of people who have worked HARD on this game through breeding for years to get their perfect dragon with the type they want. It implies that, by your standards, they have not worked hard enough to get what they want from a system that was RNG dominated, when they could have spent years on this site grinding with no success. It isn't their fault that RNG did not favour them, and their work is no less 'hard' for it. 2. It's also inconsiderate to people who previously grinded constantly on this game to get treasure to buy increasingly more expensive scattersights for the last 3 years and try their hand at RNG. Again, it's not that they haven't worked hard enough, it's that they never got lucky enough to get what they want. 3. If you're so keen on the game encouraging hard work that you make it the ethos of the entire game, why did you make getting the vials so easy in comparison to the scattersights and invalidating those 3 years of hard work done previously by your playerbase? In one week you can get enough treasure from the fairegrounds alone to buy the rarest eye type vials. People have mastered Glitter and Gloom to a pinpoint that in no time they can max the treasure cap in no time at all. If you were so intent on making the game around hard work, you could have: A. Brought back scattersight vials in the marketplace for a relatively low price, like 50k. I don't understand what exactly is a mistake with this item, and not once have you explained why it was a mistake. People would have probably been a little less volatile about this if you had explained to us why you feel this item should never have been introduced, and heck, maybe you could have tweaked it in a way where it isn't a 'mistake'. This would have continued to validate people who bought scattersights/bred for their eyes, and made people still have to work for them. You get your treasure sink, they get a better shot at what they need. B. Put the rarest vials behind game mechanics to reward effort and time spent. Primal could have been regular Roundsey prizes only. Multigaze could have been added to a new update to Baldwin, which has been horribly neglected. Facet and Goat could have been Coli drops. Common eyes could still stock in Marketplace for people wanting the simpler eye types. C. Expanded the breeding system where eye types of parents pass down to their children. Rarer natural eye types can still be recessive, but have better chances than if you bred two dragons that didn't have the particular natural eye type. This ensures that any eyes that can't be gotten naturally retain their value. I'm thankful that you got to finally updating this, but the backlash you're getting is based on how long it took for you to address it, and you addressed it aggressively in a way that - inadvertently or not - invalidates people's existing hard work and effort. If you did this much sooner, this wouldn't have had so much negative feedback from people who just spent a VERY long time on this site fighting a system that was never in their favour. [/quote] This sums up my feelings perfectly. Esp the bit about how all the vials are just treasure marketplace now when they could have been Roundsey rotation, Baldwin, Swipp, Coli, etc. It would make eyes a little more special if they were harder to get. 500k treasure is honestly nothing, at current ratio that's like 300 gems. At least make it as expensive as a gem gene.
vysearcadia wrote on 2021-05-03 13:36:54:
I think this update is a little convoluted and difficult to parse. It's nice and does provide a solution for those who need it, but there's MANY contradictions in it that make me wonder if this is all just a ploy to be a treasure sink.

I'm not upset at the update, and as a more casual player, this is much more attainable for me. I don't have time for Flight Rising, so my lazy self can get the dragons I want now, but I want to address how poorly worded your explanation section is, and some reasons why it is getting so much negative attention.
Quote:
It was important for us to retain the hatchling surprises of the old system, while giving players a path forward for their existing dragons (through enough effort, time, and treasure)

If this was the case, this implies some really unfair things onto players:

1. This wording is really inconsiderate of people who have worked HARD on this game through breeding for years to get their perfect dragon with the type they want. It implies that, by your standards, they have not worked hard enough to get what they want from a system that was RNG dominated, when they could have spent years on this site grinding with no success. It isn't their fault that RNG did not favour them, and their work is no less 'hard' for it.

2. It's also inconsiderate to people who previously grinded constantly on this game to get treasure to buy increasingly more expensive scattersights for the last 3 years and try their hand at RNG. Again, it's not that they haven't worked hard enough, it's that they never got lucky enough to get what they want.

3. If you're so keen on the game encouraging hard work that you make it the ethos of the entire game, why did you make getting the vials so easy in comparison to the scattersights and invalidating those 3 years of hard work done previously by your playerbase? In one week you can get enough treasure from the fairegrounds alone to buy the rarest eye type vials. People have mastered Glitter and Gloom to a pinpoint that in no time they can max the treasure cap in no time at all.

If you were so intent on making the game around hard work, you could have:

A. Brought back scattersight vials in the marketplace for a relatively low price, like 50k. I don't understand what exactly is a mistake with this item, and not once have you explained why it was a mistake. People would have probably been a little less volatile about this if you had explained to us why you feel this item should never have been introduced, and heck, maybe you could have tweaked it in a way where it isn't a 'mistake'. This would have continued to validate people who bought scattersights/bred for their eyes, and made people still have to work for them. You get your treasure sink, they get a better shot at what they need.

B. Put the rarest vials behind game mechanics to reward effort and time spent. Primal could have been regular Roundsey prizes only. Multigaze could have been added to a new update to Baldwin, which has been horribly neglected. Facet and Goat could have been Coli drops. Common eyes could still stock in Marketplace for people wanting the simpler eye types.

C. Expanded the breeding system where eye types of parents pass down to their children. Rarer natural eye types can still be recessive, but have better chances than if you bred two dragons that didn't have the particular natural eye type. This ensures that any eyes that can't be gotten naturally retain their value.

I'm thankful that you got to finally updating this, but the backlash you're getting is based on how long it took for you to address it, and you addressed it aggressively in a way that - inadvertently or not - invalidates people's existing hard work and effort. If you did this much sooner, this wouldn't have had so much negative feedback from people who just spent a VERY long time on this site fighting a system that was never in their favour.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. Esp the bit about how all the vials are just treasure marketplace now when they could have been Roundsey rotation, Baldwin, Swipp, Coli, etc. It would make eyes a little more special if they were harder to get. 500k treasure is honestly nothing, at current ratio that's like 300 gems. At least make it as expensive as a gem gene.
gxacNa1.gif
this was a much needed change, thank you so much to the devs for listening. and those new eye types are gorgeous !!!
this was a much needed change, thank you so much to the devs for listening. and those new eye types are gorgeous !!!
X4sD3Je.png
m3TbcZw.png
UawspVz.png
a69iToJ.png
iQdxS54.gifhe/himETU8zpR.gif
actually a murder of crows in a trenchcoat
Bless this update, my progens can finally have the eye types I want.
Bless this update, my progens can finally have the eye types I want.
@TunaNoodle A very understandable opinion; beautiful profile imp btw. [quote name="TunaNoodle" date="2021-05-03 13:57:22" ] I respect the Kickstarter items being completely off the table. But when the devs promise that items like the Sprites and Scatter Sights are retired, and then put them back into circulation anyway (indirectly or not) it's a breach of trust. (A trust I have little of already) And feels just sort of... unfair. And with reintroductions like these, I'm rewarded less and less for my time here. I've been here since 2014, yet I'm dirt poor. What's rewarded on this site is luck, and with none to give it really feels like I'm wasting my time here. It makes the game unfun. [/quote]
@TunaNoodle A very understandable opinion; beautiful profile imp btw.
TunaNoodle wrote on 2021-05-03 13:57:22:
I respect the Kickstarter items being completely off the table.

But when the devs promise that items like the Sprites and Scatter Sights are retired, and then put them back into circulation anyway (indirectly or not) it's a breach of trust. (A trust I have little of already) And feels just sort of... unfair.
And with reintroductions like these, I'm rewarded less and less for my time here. I've been here since 2014, yet I'm dirt poor.

What's rewarded on this site is luck, and with none to give it really feels like I'm wasting my time here. It makes the game unfun.
g8T8XC2.png
Glad I sold my scattersights a while ago, hah.
All in all I think its awesome yall listened to feedback regarding the eye situation and didn't just leave it as is. I can't wait to give my oldies some funky eyes!!!
Glad I sold my scattersights a while ago, hah.
All in all I think its awesome yall listened to feedback regarding the eye situation and didn't just leave it as is. I can't wait to give my oldies some funky eyes!!!
HglzBbg.png
YES
YES
It's been a while 0.0
Uf8EgNV.png mNH9cjt.png
@Firefly15

Ah! Thank you so much. :')
(and same to you!!)
@Firefly15

Ah! Thank you so much. :')
(and same to you!!)
tumblr_p9ez19SaUs1u2pujao1_500.gif