Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why are people angry about the lanyards?
1 2 3 4
I'm a little disappointed that the lanyard is so small and simple next to the elaborate hat and plushie, but I'll accept it. It's easier to use, at least.
I'm a little disappointed that the lanyard is so small and simple next to the elaborate hat and plushie, but I'll accept it. It's easier to use, at least.
I love the Lanyards. I think people are just mad they're not as valuable as the plushie. People on this site tend to get mad over the small stuff.

I really don't want to cross a line so I won't say much, but it feels like a good portion of the site's users have been getting pickier and pickier/ more critical of updates and other things as time goes on. I think this April fools situation is just a symptom of it.
I love the Lanyards. I think people are just mad they're not as valuable as the plushie. People on this site tend to get mad over the small stuff.

I really don't want to cross a line so I won't say much, but it feels like a good portion of the site's users have been getting pickier and pickier/ more critical of updates and other things as time goes on. I think this April fools situation is just a symptom of it.
Petsite users mad over free stuff that's not even retired. What else is new. Tbh the salt has made me just hang onto the plushie I do have lol.
Petsite users mad over free stuff that's not even retired. What else is new. Tbh the salt has made me just hang onto the plushie I do have lol.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
Hmm... the "would you rather get nothing?" sentiment is isn't really great either... I mean, I think the people who are unhappy with the lanyard are upset because they feel they would rather have the plushie or mask (and they didn't know what they are getting), not necessarily because they dislike the lanyard in and of itself.

I really should step out of this because it seems to be a little heated, but I have to say that the "anti-complainers" on this one do seem overall a bit more vocal than the complainers themselves. It's okay for people to be a little upset, the items are quite different - it's understandable that a knee-jerk reaction might be disappointment!
Hmm... the "would you rather get nothing?" sentiment is isn't really great either... I mean, I think the people who are unhappy with the lanyard are upset because they feel they would rather have the plushie or mask (and they didn't know what they are getting), not necessarily because they dislike the lanyard in and of itself.

I really should step out of this because it seems to be a little heated, but I have to say that the "anti-complainers" on this one do seem overall a bit more vocal than the complainers themselves. It's okay for people to be a little upset, the items are quite different - it's understandable that a knee-jerk reaction might be disappointment!
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
Hi all, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. This topic has been discussed several times across several threads, and they all wind up headed in the same downward direction. Thank you to everyone who made good faith efforts to have a constructive discussion with your fellow players. If you have any questions regarding our intent for the LuminaxCon apparel set, [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2994062/5#post_47087589]please see my comment here: [/url][/b] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-04-06 09:55:55" ] To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with [i]"precious baby, must protect!"[/i] but we were. [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you. More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay. I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts. [/quote]
Hi all, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. This topic has been discussed several times across several threads, and they all wind up headed in the same downward direction. Thank you to everyone who made good faith efforts to have a constructive discussion with your fellow players.

If you have any questions regarding our intent for the LuminaxCon apparel set, please see my comment here:
Aequorin wrote on 2021-04-06 09:55:55:
To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with "precious baby, must protect!" but we were.

One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you.

More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay.

I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts.
1 2 3 4