Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I kinda feel cheated
1 2 3 4 5
I understand your disappointment but the staff can’t predict which items will be popular. Personally I see the 3 items as a good set because it caters to most people’s tastes, many people like smaller, minimal apparel. It sucks you made the wrong pick but you can always get your desired piece from Pinkerton or chests.
I understand your disappointment but the staff can’t predict which items will be popular. Personally I see the 3 items as a good set because it caters to most people’s tastes, many people like smaller, minimal apparel. It sucks you made the wrong pick but you can always get your desired piece from Pinkerton or chests.
Yeah lol I wish I could have gotten the plushie, it's something that I would definitely use more.

But you'll be able to get the other things eventually, they drop from chests and even if you don't get one there, prices will drop from other people's chest openings.
Yeah lol I wish I could have gotten the plushie, it's something that I would definitely use more.

But you'll be able to get the other things eventually, they drop from chests and even if you don't get one there, prices will drop from other people's chest openings.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="obelisks" date="2021-04-06 07:57:04" ] But you can get all of the items in chests? Why would you have to trade if you can obtain the item in a chest? [/quote] After 159 rusty, 56 iron and 31 gilded chest with 0 lumi items I have some doubts.
obelisks wrote on 2021-04-06 07:57:04:
But you can get all of the items in chests? Why would you have to trade if you can obtain the item in a chest?
After 159 rusty, 56 iron and 31 gilded chest with 0 lumi items I have some doubts.
artworks-000070459539-e1tosp-large.jpg dragonfly-100.png5-100.png6E5Dao0.pngb45OMRT.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2021-04-06 08:24:27" ] Honestly I don't really get the dissapointment. It's a con going SET. As in what do you see at conventions? Cosplay, merchandise and badges! Complaining about the lanyard is like complaining about the smallest parts of all the other clothing sets that have been released. Are we gonna flip out over the earring parts of other sets? Should we complain about the ring parts of the silk sets cause it's smaller and not cloth and therefore garbage? So weird. [/quote] I did say it fits the theme, and of course, I don’t have to use the Lanyard. Not everyone has to have the complete set to complete their outfits. They can skip out on the small parts if they don’t want these. Yes, I know I can get them from chests or buy them. I decided to wait to get the rest. But, I can see where people are coming from. The mascot and plushie seemed to be created similar. It’s like they were sewn together the best I can describe. The Lanyard is not like that, so for some, it’s the odd one of the set. I don’t have anything else that could appear in cons to suggest as I don’t go to them. I just can see why some people compared these items, and just felt really left out.
Sorel wrote on 2021-04-06 08:24:27:
Honestly I don't really get the dissapointment. It's a con going SET. As in what do you see at conventions? Cosplay, merchandise and badges!

Complaining about the lanyard is like complaining about the smallest parts of all the other clothing sets that have been released. Are we gonna flip out over the earring parts of other sets? Should we complain about the ring parts of the silk sets cause it's smaller and not cloth and therefore garbage? So weird.

I did say it fits the theme, and of course, I don’t have to use the Lanyard. Not everyone has to have the complete set to complete their outfits. They can skip out on the small parts if they don’t want these.

Yes, I know I can get them from chests or buy them. I decided to wait to get the rest. But, I can see where people are coming from. The mascot and plushie seemed to be created similar. It’s like they were sewn together the best I can describe. The Lanyard is not like that, so for some, it’s the odd one of the set. I don’t have anything else that could appear in cons to suggest as I don’t go to them. I just can see why some people compared these items, and just felt really left out.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I saw this when there were like 2 pages and it’s devolved this fast.

Guys, if people want to feel disappointed, let them. Maybe it’s a momentary thing or maybe they liked the other items better or are late to the news about chests or something. Regardless, it’s fine. And this is coming from someone who would’ve liked the lanyard bc the mask is pretty hard to work with.

I get being annoyed if people make this into a “the staff objectively *******up over a subjective thing” sorta deal but literally on the second page someone was being like “well next year maybe they shouldn’t give us anything then” like what?? That’s kind of a jump. Also it’s not like OP went on a full rant about the lanyards either??

My point is, things will die down and even out, so let’s all just take a moment to chill, alright? Take a break. Maybe avoid these sorta topics even if they personally bother you.

Guys, if people want to feel disappointed, let them. Maybe it’s a momentary thing or maybe they liked the other items better or are late to the news about chests or something. Regardless, it’s fine. And this is coming from someone who would’ve liked the lanyard bc the mask is pretty hard to work with.

I get being annoyed if people make this into a “the staff objectively *******up over a subjective thing” sorta deal but literally on the second page someone was being like “well next year maybe they shouldn’t give us anything then” like what?? That’s kind of a jump. Also it’s not like OP went on a full rant about the lanyards either??

My point is, things will die down and even out, so let’s all just take a moment to chill, alright? Take a break. Maybe avoid these sorta topics even if they personally bother you.
[quote name="bunyro" date="2021-04-06 08:42:34" ] I saw this when there were like 2 pages and it’s devolved this fast. Guys, if people want to feel disappointed, let them. Maybe it’s a momentary thing or maybe they liked the other items better or are late to the news about chests or something. Regardless, it’s fine. And this is coming from someone who would’ve liked the lanyard bc the mask is pretty hard to work with. I get being annoyed if people make this into a “the staff objectively *******up over a subjective thing” sorta deal but literally on the second page someone was being like “well next year maybe they shouldn’t give us anything then” like what?? That’s kind of a jump. Also it’s not like OP went on a full rant about the lanyards either?? My point is, things will die down and even out, so let’s all just take a moment to chill, alright? Take a break. Maybe avoid these sorta topics even if they personally bother you. [/quote] My thoughts exactly. If people want to complain, then let them. It doesn't matter if its free or not, everyone is allowed to express their opinions and as long as they aren't being disrespectful towards others, what's the problem? Are there solutions for the people who are disappointed? Yes. Could they do that instead of complaining about the item? Yes. Does that mean they're no longer allowed to be disappointed? No. It's ok for people to not like what they got and its ok for them to say it. Jumping the gun and responding to them with "well maybe staff shouldn't give us anything" simply because people are unhappy with what they got is just... oof.
bunyro wrote on 2021-04-06 08:42:34:

My thoughts exactly. If people want to complain, then let them. It doesn't matter if its free or not, everyone is allowed to express their opinions and as long as they aren't being disrespectful towards others, what's the problem?

Are there solutions for the people who are disappointed? Yes. Could they do that instead of complaining about the item? Yes. Does that mean they're no longer allowed to be disappointed? No.

It's ok for people to not like what they got and its ok for them to say it. Jumping the gun and responding to them with "well maybe staff shouldn't give us anything" simply because people are unhappy with what they got is just... oof.
KdSMN2F.png
I get that people are bummed that they picked the bag with the item they don't want.
I don't get the whole mindset of thinking it's "unfair" or that they were "cheated" when these are literally free items meant as a joke.
I get that people are bummed that they picked the bag with the item they don't want.
I don't get the whole mindset of thinking it's "unfair" or that they were "cheated" when these are literally free items meant as a joke.
ZQGfAQY.png
Okay, I believe this thread has run its course, and I'm locking it. Thank you to everyone who made a good faith effort to engage in constructive discussion. To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with [i]"precious baby, must protect!"[/i] but we were. [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you. More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay. I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts.
Okay, I believe this thread has run its course, and I'm locking it. Thank you to everyone who made a good faith effort to engage in constructive discussion.

To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with "precious baby, must protect!" but we were.

One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you.

More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay.

I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts.
1 2 3 4 5