Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR April Fools Have Gotten Lazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I liked the prank, I thought my dragons being upside down and sideways was funny as hell. The only thing I didn't like is that 1. we don't get scrolls to make them like that ALL THE TIME, 2. there wasn't a toggle (some people had issues where the positioning made them dizzy/disoriented/etc which made the prank less fun for them).

I mean honestly I thought it was better than the Waystone last year, which I enjoyed but was only mildly amusing. The backwards dragons and avatars was hilarious, and as far as "low effort", I imagine that it took some effort to code considering how many active dragons there are on the site, as opposed to last year's Waystone which had a handful of sayings on repeat.
I liked the prank, I thought my dragons being upside down and sideways was funny as hell. The only thing I didn't like is that 1. we don't get scrolls to make them like that ALL THE TIME, 2. there wasn't a toggle (some people had issues where the positioning made them dizzy/disoriented/etc which made the prank less fun for them).

I mean honestly I thought it was better than the Waystone last year, which I enjoyed but was only mildly amusing. The backwards dragons and avatars was hilarious, and as far as "low effort", I imagine that it took some effort to code considering how many active dragons there are on the site, as opposed to last year's Waystone which had a handful of sayings on repeat.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
it's just a prank bro...

Besides who actually cares about April Fools? We don't need a whole event to celebrate April 1st. And FR April Fools items have always been joke items- like the Emperer's new Clothes and the masques. Open a box endlessly, wait until tomorrow to see whats inside. It's good enough.

The devs have been working on updates like the marketplace recently: much better than them spending time on an event which will happen once a year. :/
it's just a prank bro...

Besides who actually cares about April Fools? We don't need a whole event to celebrate April 1st. And FR April Fools items have always been joke items- like the Emperer's new Clothes and the masques. Open a box endlessly, wait until tomorrow to see whats inside. It's good enough.

The devs have been working on updates like the marketplace recently: much better than them spending time on an event which will happen once a year. :/
i feel like the HD prank year has put FR april fool's on a pedestal and i feel bad for the devs that now people want them to "live up" to that prank lmao

as someone who despises april fool's for a variety of reasons, i, quite frankly, enjoy more low-key pranks like rotated dragon images, or familiars switched with their respective dragons.

not everything in life needs to be some bombastic display of effort -- especially not during a pandemic, and with the devs having given us so much recently.
i feel like the HD prank year has put FR april fool's on a pedestal and i feel bad for the devs that now people want them to "live up" to that prank lmao

as someone who despises april fool's for a variety of reasons, i, quite frankly, enjoy more low-key pranks like rotated dragon images, or familiars switched with their respective dragons.

not everything in life needs to be some bombastic display of effort -- especially not during a pandemic, and with the devs having given us so much recently.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
[quote name="Hol" date="2021-04-02 07:58:02" ] Reminds me of the storm after Neopets put barnacles all over the pets. That was fun but so many users complained.[/quote] Makes me think of when deviantart did the "So i herd u liek Mudkips???" thing & people were NOT happy about not being able to change their icons for the day. Any site I've been on that heavily alters something on April 1st I've noticed usually isn't received well, so it being subtle or low key I think is about on the norm.
Hol wrote on 2021-04-02 07:58:02:
Reminds me of the storm after Neopets put barnacles all over the pets. That was fun but so many users complained.

Makes me think of when deviantart did the "So i herd u liek Mudkips???" thing & people were NOT happy about not being able to change their icons for the day.

Any site I've been on that heavily alters something on April 1st I've noticed usually isn't received well, so it being subtle or low key I think is about on the norm.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
I'd rather have the effort go into permanent changes and updates than a prank, maybe just me
I'd rather have the effort go into permanent changes and updates than a prank, maybe just me
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
maybe they should stop doing April fools after this thread lmao
maybe they should stop doing April fools after this thread lmao
(You can ping me if you want; I don't mind!) This was my first April Fool's on FR, and TBH I didn't expect anything lol but I thought it was pretty cute where all the sprites were flipped! It was even better when people started drawing conversations on them! That was priceless XD Somebody's dregs were all looking at the "Feed" button once, for instance and they mentioned it in the convo lol "What we looking at?" "Feed! Feed!" All Howrse did was spam you with Golden Apples (for non players, custom coats for your horse designed by players) you still had to pay for in attempts to trick you into buying them [emoji=guardian deadpan size=1] I... I admit I had to Google the joke to see if they were free because I had one in my inventory and had it saved for one of my high GP Thoroughbreds, so I didn't wanna waste it [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]. Glad I did! Just glad FR didn't SPAM me with stuff lol Now the sprite redraws sounds what like Horse Reality did and I kinda wanna see that done on FR! But I was quite amused with the joke this year myself. It got a giggle out of my depressed self [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
(You can ping me if you want; I don't mind!)

This was my first April Fool's on FR, and TBH I didn't expect anything lol but I thought it was pretty cute where all the sprites were flipped! It was even better when people started drawing conversations on them! That was priceless XD
Somebody's dregs were all looking at the "Feed" button once, for instance and they mentioned it in the convo lol
"What we looking at?"
"Feed! Feed!"

All Howrse did was spam you with Golden Apples (for non players, custom coats for your horse designed by players) you still had to pay for in attempts to trick you into buying them I... I admit I had to Google the joke to see if they were free because I had one in my inventory and had it saved for one of my high GP Thoroughbreds, so I didn't wanna waste it . Glad I did!
Just glad FR didn't SPAM me with stuff lol

Now the sprite redraws sounds what like Horse Reality did and I kinda wanna see that done on FR! But I was quite amused with the joke this year myself. It got a giggle out of my depressed self
EFAI4Zp.jpegjaEcYlX.gif
[quote name="Alphrussia" date="2021-04-02 07:43:50" ] [quote name="WarMutt" date="2021-04-02 07:31:09" ] aka person can't have a opinion without dev lovers pouncing on them [/quote] So a person can say their opinion, but others can't say their own opinion? [/quote] if you think bashing someones opinion is an opinion then uh wow
Alphrussia wrote on 2021-04-02 07:43:50:
WarMutt wrote on 2021-04-02 07:31:09:
aka person can't have a opinion without dev lovers pouncing on them
So a person can say their opinion, but others can't say their own opinion?
if you think bashing someones opinion is an opinion then uh wow
9VeMQMB.png
Okay, I think this thread has run its course and it's time for a lock.

Stormlight Workshop, LLC is anti-crunch and that philosophy guides the development of Flight Rising. It means that feature releases may take longer and it also means that mini-events, such as this one, may be lower key for the health and well-being of both our team and the game.

Oh, and remember to stop by Galore's Glorious Gifts before 06:00 server time on Monday, April 5th to pick up your free Marva's Overflowing Swag Bag.

Okay, I think this thread has run its course and it's time for a lock.

Stormlight Workshop, LLC is anti-crunch and that philosophy guides the development of Flight Rising. It means that feature releases may take longer and it also means that mini-events, such as this one, may be lower key for the health and well-being of both our team and the game.

Oh, and remember to stop by Galore's Glorious Gifts before 06:00 server time on Monday, April 5th to pick up your free Marva's Overflowing Swag Bag.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9