Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A question to fully Gen 1 lairs
1 2 3
I might be a strictly G1 lair only with G2 or G2+ Imps, but I have no opinion. I think every lair is beautiful in its own way and all that matters is the player's enjoyment. I've seen incredible lairs with no G1s and they still made them rock. While i personally can't settle with anything G1+, i still appreciate it in other lairs
I might be a strictly G1 lair only with G2 or G2+ Imps, but I have no opinion. I think every lair is beautiful in its own way and all that matters is the player's enjoyment. I've seen incredible lairs with no G1s and they still made them rock. While i personally can't settle with anything G1+, i still appreciate it in other lairs
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I'm not strictly Gen 1, but they are mostly the only ones I seek out. I'm a value-based player and I like to take a low ID Gen 1 and scatter them until I can work with it. I know there are also players who do that until two or three colors match, but I really don't have the patience to sell a dragon worth thousands of gems for weeks and months. I'm usually the sucker who buys those and keeps them because it's cool.

I don't think this is the ~natural~ way to play FR though. Breeding dragons and having a lineage seems normal. Like I said, I look for value and want rare dragons, but I do admire players who just completely immerse themselves into the game and breed their progens and do everything with a purpose. I just bred my progens to exalt the hatchlings LOL. I envy people who have a full lineage starting from their progen, if I restarted FR back in the day then I would concentrate on my progen lineage and work on and breed dragons one by one. That just seems like so much fun. But as it stands, I find scattering more rewarding than hatching.
I'm not strictly Gen 1, but they are mostly the only ones I seek out. I'm a value-based player and I like to take a low ID Gen 1 and scatter them until I can work with it. I know there are also players who do that until two or three colors match, but I really don't have the patience to sell a dragon worth thousands of gems for weeks and months. I'm usually the sucker who buys those and keeps them because it's cool.

I don't think this is the ~natural~ way to play FR though. Breeding dragons and having a lineage seems normal. Like I said, I look for value and want rare dragons, but I do admire players who just completely immerse themselves into the game and breed their progens and do everything with a purpose. I just bred my progens to exalt the hatchlings LOL. I envy people who have a full lineage starting from their progen, if I restarted FR back in the day then I would concentrate on my progen lineage and work on and breed dragons one by one. That just seems like so much fun. But as it stands, I find scattering more rewarding than hatching.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I don't have any opinions about what other people want to do on FR. :x I only collect gen ones myself, but that's mainly because my lair was getting full way too quickly when I just bought regular dragons. The challenge of having to gene every dragon up has made the game last a lot longer for me.

When I'm admiring other people's lairs it doesn't matter if a dragon is gen one or not though, a pretty dragon is a pretty dragon.
I don't have any opinions about what other people want to do on FR. :x I only collect gen ones myself, but that's mainly because my lair was getting full way too quickly when I just bought regular dragons. The challenge of having to gene every dragon up has made the game last a lot longer for me.

When I'm admiring other people's lairs it doesn't matter if a dragon is gen one or not though, a pretty dragon is a pretty dragon.
[font=optima]I used to be a G2+ lair for the longest time and started collecting G1s for the fun of it. After a while I felt like...I don’t know, I wanted a challenge? So I purged almost all of my dragons (rip some oldies) and am still trying to get rid of the rest. If I’m being completely honest, I think I have 3 G2+ that I am definitely keeping, the others are gonna go soon. With my favorites I’ve been looking for G1s with the same colors/really close colors and slowly replacing them. After I sell some more I can proudly say I am a “pure” G1 lair! :’3 And people can keep any dragon they want! I’ve seen some awesome fandragons, breeding projects and rare combos that honestly send me reeling. (Now I may save their scrys in hopes of finding a G1 twin, but that’s just me lol) Seeing monolairs is also very impressive, whatever makes the user happy should be their goal! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I used to be a G2+ lair for the longest time and started collecting G1s for the fun of it. After a while I felt like...I don’t know, I wanted a challenge? So I purged almost all of my dragons (rip some oldies) and am still trying to get rid of the rest.

If I’m being completely honest, I think I have 3 G2+ that I am definitely keeping, the others are gonna go soon.

With my favorites I’ve been looking for G1s with the same colors/really close colors and slowly replacing them. After I sell some more I can proudly say I am a “pure” G1 lair! :’3

And people can keep any dragon they want! I’ve seen some awesome fandragons, breeding projects and rare combos that honestly send me reeling. (Now I may save their scrys in hopes of finding a G1 twin, but that’s just me lol) Seeing monolairs is also very impressive, whatever makes the user happy should be their goal!
E1440-DEA-2026-430-B-894-D-33-CBDB77-F505.gif • She/Her FR +3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
I'm mostly a g1 lair with some g2+ that are either oldies, 2-letter names, neat IDs or just sentimentally kept for other reasons, however I do prefer g1s so I'd personally not buy anything else unless they're 'special'.
Mainly because most of my dragons are based on my own characters and they either have parents with specific names..or none at all..

That said, I love to look into other people's lairs and see spoiled dragons! It doesn't really matter to me what others do so whether they're g1 or g2+ isn't really important when I lurk around, I'm just happy to see loved pixels x)
I'm mostly a g1 lair with some g2+ that are either oldies, 2-letter names, neat IDs or just sentimentally kept for other reasons, however I do prefer g1s so I'd personally not buy anything else unless they're 'special'.
Mainly because most of my dragons are based on my own characters and they either have parents with specific names..or none at all..

That said, I love to look into other people's lairs and see spoiled dragons! It doesn't really matter to me what others do so whether they're g1 or g2+ isn't really important when I lurk around, I'm just happy to see loved pixels x)
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
Quote:
What do you think about people who have never invested in gen 1s and don't plan on ?
different strokes! i used to be big on randgen dragons for a while until i got bored of the site all together. i revamped my entire account practically, and started going after genones as a sort of "fr hard mode."

Quote:
Generally curious gen 1 lairs have been on my mind allot lately.
an it just must be so costly to only have gen 1.
ahahaaaaaaa.... it gets pricey pretty quickly. i'm actually currently struggling to save up 10kg to buy back a dragon i had once upon a time but foolishly sold :')

Quote:
an ever wanting a dragon of specific colors.
So lemme know what its like having a gen 1 lair. :3
i am on the lookout for a specific color combo that sadly doesn't exist yet (feelsbadman), and the odds of that specific color combo hatching are the same as someone hatching a triple. :')
having a g1 lair is super satisfying to be able to look at your dragons and knowing you made them from the ground up, but it's definitely not the be all end all way to play fr! everyone has their own playstyle, and if it makes them happy then more power to them. :)

Quote:
Your personal pros an cons.
:D
pros:
-parents: none
-very satisfying to find a dragon you've been looking for and then to gene it
-ultimate flexibility with lore if you so choose

cons:
-where did all my money go
-this dragon doesn't exist and i can't breed for it
-way more rng involved than breeding
Quote:
What do you think about people who have never invested in gen 1s and don't plan on ?
different strokes! i used to be big on randgen dragons for a while until i got bored of the site all together. i revamped my entire account practically, and started going after genones as a sort of "fr hard mode."

Quote:
Generally curious gen 1 lairs have been on my mind allot lately.
an it just must be so costly to only have gen 1.
ahahaaaaaaa.... it gets pricey pretty quickly. i'm actually currently struggling to save up 10kg to buy back a dragon i had once upon a time but foolishly sold :')

Quote:
an ever wanting a dragon of specific colors.
So lemme know what its like having a gen 1 lair. :3
i am on the lookout for a specific color combo that sadly doesn't exist yet (feelsbadman), and the odds of that specific color combo hatching are the same as someone hatching a triple. :')
having a g1 lair is super satisfying to be able to look at your dragons and knowing you made them from the ground up, but it's definitely not the be all end all way to play fr! everyone has their own playstyle, and if it makes them happy then more power to them. :)

Quote:
Your personal pros an cons.
:D
pros:
-parents: none
-very satisfying to find a dragon you've been looking for and then to gene it
-ultimate flexibility with lore if you so choose

cons:
-where did all my money go
-this dragon doesn't exist and i can't breed for it
-way more rng involved than breeding
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
G1s keep me from yeeting my lair every other week. Now I just do it twice a year, because money. *laugh*

I really have a whole lot of trouble hanging on to dragons. I am in the middle once more of clearing out.

I don't really think much about cost, because I really only have a few permas. It gives me something to do.
G1s keep me from yeeting my lair every other week. Now I just do it twice a year, because money. *laugh*

I really have a whole lot of trouble hanging on to dragons. I am in the middle once more of clearing out.

I don't really think much about cost, because I really only have a few permas. It gives me something to do.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
My lair is a mix, but I think its growing to be only gen 1 and their offspring, as I like fresh, clean lineage projects that start with the gen 1 so the line is 100% lineage project
My lair is a mix, but I think its growing to be only gen 1 and their offspring, as I like fresh, clean lineage projects that start with the gen 1 so the line is 100% lineage project
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
I like being a gen one lair for lore reasons and also for challenge reasons. Working on projects keeps me interested in the game, consistently, for years now. I also really like the restriction limiting myself to gen ones without any offspring. I can't just buy any old dragon, I have narrow parameters. This makes me really excited when I finally find a dream color combo in a way that breeding for it does not.

I love looking at other peoples lairs though, especially love looking through dragon lineages and seeing how the family tree maps out. I just don't want it for my dragons.
I like being a gen one lair for lore reasons and also for challenge reasons. Working on projects keeps me interested in the game, consistently, for years now. I also really like the restriction limiting myself to gen ones without any offspring. I can't just buy any old dragon, I have narrow parameters. This makes me really excited when I finally find a dream color combo in a way that breeding for it does not.

I love looking at other peoples lairs though, especially love looking through dragon lineages and seeing how the family tree maps out. I just don't want it for my dragons.
189.png196.png247.png
Beige is beautiful!
i like being a g1 lair specifically because of how much effort it takes to finish a dragon. gives me a sense of accomplishment.
it also keeps my dragon count lower because each dragon costs more to buy and finish.

i don't have any negative feelings on non-g1 lairs though! do what makes you happy and all. g1s certainly arent for everyone.
i like being a g1 lair specifically because of how much effort it takes to finish a dragon. gives me a sense of accomplishment.
it also keeps my dragon count lower because each dragon costs more to buy and finish.

i don't have any negative feelings on non-g1 lairs though! do what makes you happy and all. g1s certainly arent for everyone.
1 2 3