Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Hoard update not working
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34 35
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/640673859485302812/795375627926503484/unknown.png[/img] That looks mighty suspicious right there!
unknown.png

That looks mighty suspicious right there!
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
@AnpuRa - Yup, that provides a shortened list of network calls, which is what I wanted to see.

One problem is that the 4th record is obscured by a popup text box, so I can't read it. However, I suspect it's also a "mydmp.exelator" call - note how that record has a status of "307" which is a type of redirect.

When I check that page, I do not see "mydmp" in my network calls. That doesn't mean it's malware - it could be a legitimate call that happens with some of our ads, but I think it may be more than that.

Would players following this thread be able to confirm whether or not "mydmp" shows up in their network calls as well, or if this appears to be something only on @AnpuRa's screenshots?

While we're waiting for others to test this, let's continue with the plan to temporarily turn off McAfee.
@AnpuRa - Yup, that provides a shortened list of network calls, which is what I wanted to see.

One problem is that the 4th record is obscured by a popup text box, so I can't read it. However, I suspect it's also a "mydmp.exelator" call - note how that record has a status of "307" which is a type of redirect.

When I check that page, I do not see "mydmp" in my network calls. That doesn't mean it's malware - it could be a legitimate call that happens with some of our ads, but I think it may be more than that.

Would players following this thread be able to confirm whether or not "mydmp" shows up in their network calls as well, or if this appears to be something only on @AnpuRa's screenshots?

While we're waiting for others to test this, let's continue with the plan to temporarily turn off McAfee.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
[quote name="Kaepora" date="2021-01-03 14:33:07" ] Would players following this thread be able to confirm whether or not "mydmp" shows up in their network calls as well, or if this appears to be something only on @/AnpuRa's screenshots? [/quote] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/757456683709628426/795424564976681030/unknown.png[/img] Here's mine Kaepora, all I see is the site calls. Let me know if you need anything else :) I do run McAfee, however the browser extension is only allowed to scan files when downloading, as I run separate ad blockers. McAfee denied access: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/757456683709628426/795425330448826428/unknown.png[/img] I can try turning it on to test if need be, I'm familiar with ad blocker and tracking remover configurations.
Kaepora wrote on 2021-01-03 14:33:07:
Would players following this thread be able to confirm whether or not "mydmp" shows up in their network calls as well, or if this appears to be something only on @/AnpuRa's screenshots?

unknown.png

Here's mine Kaepora, all I see is the site calls. Let me know if you need anything else :) I do run McAfee, however the browser extension is only allowed to scan files when downloading, as I run separate ad blockers.

McAfee denied access: unknown.png

I can try turning it on to test if need be, I'm familiar with ad blocker and tracking remover configurations.
jPdGQf9.gif

iiifr+2
iiiiiiiii
TTxEpjT.gif
I don't have "mydmp" showing up anywhere.

I've included screens from 3 situations:
Opening dev tools and then opening hoard - food page
Going from food page to materials page
Opening dev tools and going onto others page, interacting with some items
I don't have "mydmp" showing up anywhere.

I've included screens from 3 situations:
Opening dev tools and then opening hoard - food page
Going from food page to materials page
Opening dev tools and going onto others page, interacting with some items
Buy glitch descendant
Renting nests
Wishlist
mzu1ECW.png
When I do F12, Network, XHR, the only line I get is from the www1.flightrising.com domain with a get-items? token. I don't get any other lines, no mydmp, and no ads (because I use an adblocker, probably). With adblocker turned off: [img]https://i.imgur.com/9MqR1KX.png[/img] https://i.imgur.com/9MqR1KX.png
When I do F12, Network, XHR, the only line I get is from the www1.flightrising.com domain with a get-items? token. I don't get any other lines, no mydmp, and no ads (because I use an adblocker, probably).

With adblocker turned off:

9MqR1KX.png
https://i.imgur.com/9MqR1KX.png
WenPrLS.png
Did the same, no mydmp
Did the same, no mydmp
[img]https://imgur.com/vye3eYs.png[/img] no DMP for me, MAC safari with adblockers
vye3eYs.png

no DMP for me, MAC safari with adblockers
Currently looking for: Sable/Blush G1s
Girlfriend of Azurodin,
Thanks all!

I can’t say 100% that mydmp is either a cause or symptom of the problem, but if it’s not showing up for most other players, that’s a hint that something isn’t right.

A malware scan from a program other than McAfee may help. It also could be a perfectly legitimate plugin making the call, although I believe @AnpuRa has already tried to disable plugins. Or it could even be McAfee itself, although I find it more likely something just snuck by.
Thanks all!

I can’t say 100% that mydmp is either a cause or symptom of the problem, but if it’s not showing up for most other players, that’s a hint that something isn’t right.

A malware scan from a program other than McAfee may help. It also could be a perfectly legitimate plugin making the call, although I believe @AnpuRa has already tried to disable plugins. Or it could even be McAfee itself, although I find it more likely something just snuck by.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Researching the domain earlier, it looks like it's possibly linked to the [code]loadm.exelator[/code] malware/virus - the mydmp subdomain is listed on several sites as being part of that malware.
Researching the domain earlier, it looks like it's possibly linked to the
Code:
loadm.exelator
malware/virus - the mydmp subdomain is listed on several sites as being part of that malware.
jPdGQf9.gif

iiifr+2
iiiiiiiii
TTxEpjT.gif
I also don't get anything like that. Brave with all adblocking/trackerblocking enabled, no antivirus because I'm on Linux and we don't really have that. I also don't get the mydmp in question from any other sites. [img]https://i.imgur.com/WUJBwoA.png[/img] When I look it up, all the results are malware, so... yeah it's probably malware. As far as I know McAfee is a notoriously... not very effective AV these days so I wouldn't be surprised if something got past it.
I also don't get anything like that. Brave with all adblocking/trackerblocking enabled, no antivirus because I'm on Linux and we don't really have that. I also don't get the mydmp in question from any other sites.
WUJBwoA.png
When I look it up, all the results are malware, so... yeah it's probably malware. As far as I know McAfee is a notoriously... not very effective AV these days so I wouldn't be surprised if something got past it.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34 35