Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dud battle abilities
1 2
So I bought myself a concentration and equipped it on my tank/buff dragon to throw on my caster. Turns out that the thing costs a crazy 35 breath to cast and adds 1 intellect lol.

Anyone else find some abilities cost too much or do too little?
So I bought myself a concentration and equipped it on my tank/buff dragon to throw on my caster. Turns out that the thing costs a crazy 35 breath to cast and adds 1 intellect lol.

Anyone else find some abilities cost too much or do too little?
466w8yC.png
Evidently aid does little heal for the breath it costs.
Evidently aid does little heal for the breath it costs.
FR_Banners_Lightning_4_zpse7d8d130.png
I think the problem with aid is that it doesn't really change much, no matter the level of the dragon. It heals the same amount at level 3 that it does at level 10, and at that point it's worse than useless, since it does take a substantial amount of breath. Aid would be much more useful if it's effectiveness was based on intellect, or even just a percentage of hit points.
I think the problem with aid is that it doesn't really change much, no matter the level of the dragon. It heals the same amount at level 3 that it does at level 10, and at that point it's worse than useless, since it does take a substantial amount of breath. Aid would be much more useful if it's effectiveness was based on intellect, or even just a percentage of hit points.
TuEVAjZ.png
I've seen some enemies heal up to 325 with what I presume was Aid. Not too bad, but considering the breath cost...still only marginally useful. There are stones that allow you to gain more breath, though: [item=Discipline]
I've seen some enemies heal up to 325 with what I presume was Aid. Not too bad, but considering the breath cost...still only marginally useful.

There are stones that allow you to gain more breath, though:
Discipline
I believe concentration uses your dragon's intellect and wisdom (the caster's) and that influences how much buff they give other dragons. If your dragon isn't a smarty-pants, it wont' be effective at casting it.

Aid also depends on magic prowess, though it is our first and weakest heal to be introduced to the game.

These types of thread are good. Helps with balancing when we make a tweak to breath cost or the mechanic of the ability =3
I believe concentration uses your dragon's intellect and wisdom (the caster's) and that influences how much buff they give other dragons. If your dragon isn't a smarty-pants, it wont' be effective at casting it.

Aid also depends on magic prowess, though it is our first and weakest heal to be introduced to the game.

These types of thread are good. Helps with balancing when we make a tweak to breath cost or the mechanic of the ability =3
Regeneration is questionable so far as well. My INT-based dragon (level 9) casts it to heal 206 health... over five turns. For 40 breath, that seems a little inefficient also, considering I really need it to be healing 200 health in one turn in most cases, heh.

I was considering changing it to Aid, but it sounds like that's not much better, so I'm not sure where to go with my cleric-y dragon now, haha. :p I'll keep an eye out for better heal spells later on, I guess. Not impressed with regen, though, personally. The slot might be better used with another attack spell right now.
Regeneration is questionable so far as well. My INT-based dragon (level 9) casts it to heal 206 health... over five turns. For 40 breath, that seems a little inefficient also, considering I really need it to be healing 200 health in one turn in most cases, heh.

I was considering changing it to Aid, but it sounds like that's not much better, so I'm not sure where to go with my cleric-y dragon now, haha. :p I'll keep an eye out for better heal spells later on, I guess. Not impressed with regen, though, personally. The slot might be better used with another attack spell right now.
My main problem with heals is that I haven't yet found a situation where those would help. Except maybe healing up for the next battle, while there's only one weak enemy left.

But usually my dragons are taking such heavy damage that a single heal is waste of time and breath. It always seems better to cast something like Reflect...or to just take down the enemies before they can attack again.

Offense is the best defense.

EDIT: Maybe you should add minibosses to some zones. Solo enemies that don't necessarily hit hard, but have tons of HP. That'd result in lengthy battles where heals might actually be of use.
My main problem with heals is that I haven't yet found a situation where those would help. Except maybe healing up for the next battle, while there's only one weak enemy left.

But usually my dragons are taking such heavy damage that a single heal is waste of time and breath. It always seems better to cast something like Reflect...or to just take down the enemies before they can attack again.

Offense is the best defense.

EDIT: Maybe you should add minibosses to some zones. Solo enemies that don't necessarily hit hard, but have tons of HP. That'd result in lengthy battles where heals might actually be of use.
I need to redo my tanks stats, but I can tell you at the third tier monster battles and 16 MND Ward is a fart in the wind. Magic attacks still hit crazy hard and it doesn't help either of them survive it.
Also usually by the time I can cast it, against two or three powerful casters my dragons are, at best, already down to half-health.

However I've really liked Eliminate. Takes a ton of time to get the breath it needs but since it doesn't loose breath if the attack kills, with careful planning you can chain it to kill off an entire weakened party. It's pretty nuts when it works.
I need to redo my tanks stats, but I can tell you at the third tier monster battles and 16 MND Ward is a fart in the wind. Magic attacks still hit crazy hard and it doesn't help either of them survive it.
Also usually by the time I can cast it, against two or three powerful casters my dragons are, at best, already down to half-health.

However I've really liked Eliminate. Takes a ton of time to get the breath it needs but since it doesn't loose breath if the attack kills, with careful planning you can chain it to kill off an entire weakened party. It's pretty nuts when it works.
[quote name="Zaltys" date="2013-06-11 15:51:16" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=45090#45878"]EDIT: Maybe you should add minibosses to some zones.[/quote] *whistle*~
EDIT: Maybe you should add minibosses to some zones.

*whistle*~
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
I thought concentrate might base it's effectiveness off of intellect considering it is technically a spell and the game mentions healing and damage spells both work of off intellect. It seems reasonable that buffs, which are also spells, would be based off the same thing. However, the same dragon that casts a 1 point concentrate buff also casts a 20 point bolster buff. Either there is an inconsistency or one spell is a dud.

I'll have to keep these healing spells in mind when I finally get my third dragon for the team. I was going to have a healer/buffer dragon to complement a tank and a caster, but it sounds like healing spells and stay-ablilty don't match up to raw blasting power.
I thought concentrate might base it's effectiveness off of intellect considering it is technically a spell and the game mentions healing and damage spells both work of off intellect. It seems reasonable that buffs, which are also spells, would be based off the same thing. However, the same dragon that casts a 1 point concentrate buff also casts a 20 point bolster buff. Either there is an inconsistency or one spell is a dud.

I'll have to keep these healing spells in mind when I finally get my third dragon for the team. I was going to have a healer/buffer dragon to complement a tank and a caster, but it sounds like healing spells and stay-ablilty don't match up to raw blasting power.
466w8yC.png
1 2