Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Fodder Floor? [solved]
So I just have a question about fodder prices. My friend told me to not sell at or below 10kt on the AH because people will use those dragons as fodder, so I put one of my dragons on the AH for around 12kt and it still got bought and is stuck in a fodder tab with a fodder name. I mean, I don't care that my dragons became fodder, but I'd have much rather sold the dragon to my friend or a flight member if it was going to be tossed to the gods anyways.

So what is the real fodder floor?
So I just have a question about fodder prices. My friend told me to not sell at or below 10kt on the AH because people will use those dragons as fodder, so I put one of my dragons on the AH for around 12kt and it still got bought and is stuck in a fodder tab with a fodder name. I mean, I don't care that my dragons became fodder, but I'd have much rather sold the dragon to my friend or a flight member if it was going to be tossed to the gods anyways.

So what is the real fodder floor?
@OnePieceWeeaboo
Fodder floor is prices at, below, or around LAH for adult dragons.

Some people have their dragon "inbox" (the tab which new arrivals get sorted into) as their fodder tab as it makes it easier to locate fodder just bought off the AH. If the dragon was just bought, they may not have been sorted into an appropriate tab, yet.

It's also possible that your dragon has the exalt bonuses for today; fodder floor for those can increase higher depending on which bonus(es) they have.

12kt can be the fodder floor depending on the week; during Dominance battles, the fodder floor increases as lower listings are bought.

That, or the user bought the dragon, decided they no longer wanted it, and decided they'd make them fodder.
@OnePieceWeeaboo
Fodder floor is prices at, below, or around LAH for adult dragons.

Some people have their dragon "inbox" (the tab which new arrivals get sorted into) as their fodder tab as it makes it easier to locate fodder just bought off the AH. If the dragon was just bought, they may not have been sorted into an appropriate tab, yet.

It's also possible that your dragon has the exalt bonuses for today; fodder floor for those can increase higher depending on which bonus(es) they have.

12kt can be the fodder floor depending on the week; during Dominance battles, the fodder floor increases as lower listings are bought.

That, or the user bought the dragon, decided they no longer wanted it, and decided they'd make them fodder.
fo11Vhp.png
@Naegiri

Ah okay
The dragon was bought last week and was immediately named Kindling. I haven't been super active this week because of my program so I didn't think about it until now.
It looks like its now in the fodder tab in a hibden.
Oh well, lessons learned I guess.
Thanks for the reply!
@Naegiri

Ah okay
The dragon was bought last week and was immediately named Kindling. I haven't been super active this week because of my program so I didn't think about it until now.
It looks like its now in the fodder tab in a hibden.
Oh well, lessons learned I guess.
Thanks for the reply!
@OnePieceWeeaboo The fodder floor is rising right now because of a big dom battle next week between fire and light. It sounds like Kindling will probably go off to Flamecaller :< The prices are high already due to people stocking up, and they will very likely rise throughout the week, often to prices even higher than what leveled fodder pays out for exalting (since they are pushing for conquest, not profit, they will be willing to exalt at a loss, especially towards the end of the week).

If you are trying to avoid your dragon being snatched up specifically as fodder, it probably is a good idea to not sell during the week of/before a dom battle, since the floor rises so much during them. Of course, even selling higher on any week is no guarantee that a dragon won't get exalted, but it should certainly help its odds!

On the other hand, if there are dragons you don't mind becoming fodder, the end of next week would be a GREAT time to sell; you would likely get much higher prices for them than they would normally go for.
@OnePieceWeeaboo The fodder floor is rising right now because of a big dom battle next week between fire and light. It sounds like Kindling will probably go off to Flamecaller :< The prices are high already due to people stocking up, and they will very likely rise throughout the week, often to prices even higher than what leveled fodder pays out for exalting (since they are pushing for conquest, not profit, they will be willing to exalt at a loss, especially towards the end of the week).

If you are trying to avoid your dragon being snatched up specifically as fodder, it probably is a good idea to not sell during the week of/before a dom battle, since the floor rises so much during them. Of course, even selling higher on any week is no guarantee that a dragon won't get exalted, but it should certainly help its odds!

On the other hand, if there are dragons you don't mind becoming fodder, the end of next week would be a GREAT time to sell; you would likely get much higher prices for them than they would normally go for.
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
@OnePieceWeeaboo Like Naegiri said, the fodder floor is the current cheapest price. Us in Fire and Light are preparing for a dom battle against each other next week, so fodder floor will continue to climb higher with both battle prep and Frigidfin right now giving a XP bonus in the Coli.

I wouldn't sell anything you don't want exalted for the next week and a half regardless of price if the battle gets really close, but if you don't mind and like money, watch for the public buys and raffles. Particularly Fire's, cough, totes not biased.

You can track upcoming battles in the weekly Dom Watch threads. Fodder floor price climbs when there's a fight between two or more flights coming up and pushes/battles are generally announced in advance unless a flight decides to push during the current week as a impromptu push, like noticing they're surprisingly high already.
@OnePieceWeeaboo Like Naegiri said, the fodder floor is the current cheapest price. Us in Fire and Light are preparing for a dom battle against each other next week, so fodder floor will continue to climb higher with both battle prep and Frigidfin right now giving a XP bonus in the Coli.

I wouldn't sell anything you don't want exalted for the next week and a half regardless of price if the battle gets really close, but if you don't mind and like money, watch for the public buys and raffles. Particularly Fire's, cough, totes not biased.

You can track upcoming battles in the weekly Dom Watch threads. Fodder floor price climbs when there's a fight between two or more flights coming up and pushes/battles are generally announced in advance unless a flight decides to push during the current week as a impromptu push, like noticing they're surprisingly high already.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
@Voltsy
@Mariwen

Oh I see. That makes sense. I don't mind my dragons being fodder, I was more or less curious about it all. Thanks for the clarification everyone!
@Voltsy
@Mariwen

Oh I see. That makes sense. I don't mind my dragons being fodder, I was more or less curious about it all. Thanks for the clarification everyone!