Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52 53
I voted for making them available as I've been on Chicken Smoothie and know that "available" doesn't have to mean easy to get :) The December event on CS has always been a great potluck way to bring back old pets for people who would never get them. Maybe you'll get a super rare one! Or maybe you won't. Who knows! :)

They can stay rare, but it's an exciting bit of hope for people instead of leaving them completely locked away for the sake of people feeling special or wanting to make even bigger amounts of money.
I voted for making them available as I've been on Chicken Smoothie and know that "available" doesn't have to mean easy to get :) The December event on CS has always been a great potluck way to bring back old pets for people who would never get them. Maybe you'll get a super rare one! Or maybe you won't. Who knows! :)

They can stay rare, but it's an exciting bit of hope for people instead of leaving them completely locked away for the sake of people feeling special or wanting to make even bigger amounts of money.
I believe the dec randomize bring bk would be gd. Both newbie and people who love the game but due to circumstances unable at the time to participate can try. No guarantee to obtaining but still a chance
I believe the dec randomize bring bk would be gd. Both newbie and people who love the game but due to circumstances unable at the time to participate can try. No guarantee to obtaining but still a chance
[quote name="Peixis"] Gaia is the exact same reason I voted against. Their economy is in the toilet because of ideas like this. 2 Million Gold used to be unheard of, I got as much as I did from selling a Kiki Kitty way back when. Now, the same amount is chump change. I don't want to see FR go the way of Gaia with rampant inflation, and the rare items that don't get re-released being even more outrageously expensive.[/quote] But isn't it more fun to be able to buy the nice things and use them when you like? Gold generators are what ruined the economy and made everything stupidly expensive. Re-releasing CIs and MCs caused their prices to DROP LIKE MAD, because there was more of a supply. The Marketplace has more of a stock market feel now, where it's a gamble and a game to buy low and sell high. Look at Nightmare Scarves! They were stupid expensive for FOREVER. They got re-released and dropped like rocks for about two months. Now they're even more expensive than they were before! That's not a good investment?? But there's still a chance it could re-release again, and maybe the price will drop again, so people who can't afford the current 2 BILLION GOLD price tag can dream and quest and hope.
Peixis wrote:
Gaia is the exact same reason I voted against. Their economy is in the toilet because of ideas like this. 2 Million Gold used to be unheard of, I got as much as I did from selling a Kiki Kitty way back when. Now, the same amount is chump change. I don't want to see FR go the way of Gaia with rampant inflation, and the rare items that don't get re-released being even more outrageously expensive.

But isn't it more fun to be able to buy the nice things and use them when you like? Gold generators are what ruined the economy and made everything stupidly expensive. Re-releasing CIs and MCs caused their prices to DROP LIKE MAD, because there was more of a supply. The Marketplace has more of a stock market feel now, where it's a gamble and a game to buy low and sell high. Look at Nightmare Scarves! They were stupid expensive for FOREVER. They got re-released and dropped like rocks for about two months. Now they're even more expensive than they were before! That's not a good investment?? But there's still a chance it could re-release again, and maybe the price will drop again, so people who can't afford the current 2 BILLION GOLD price tag can dream and quest and hope.
ijcaSw5.gif 24e24jq.jpg tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo7_100.png
Retirement. It's hard enough to make treasure with the economy the way it is, as well as the sheer numbers of dragons on this site. Rare familiars give people a way to make that treasure.
Retirement. It's hard enough to make treasure with the economy the way it is, as well as the sheer numbers of dragons on this site. Rare familiars give people a way to make that treasure.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
To me keeping these items from early in the sites history makes sense, they're legacy- but on the other hand never making them available again feels very elitist.
To me keeping these items from early in the sites history makes sense, they're legacy- but on the other hand never making them available again feels very elitist.
banner_artshop2.png
Honestly, it really comes down to the method that would be used to get them then, and how rare they'd be.
Honestly, it really comes down to the method that would be used to get them then, and how rare they'd be.
I think there is definitely something to it, mainly because with FR it isn't about 'Oh I found this site before everyone else'. FR is CLOSED registration. I've known about FR for months, have wanted to join, and have been unable to due to the fact that registration has been closed. It hasn't been my choice to miss these events or miss out on these items.

It might be fun to have an event in December where it is possible to get all of the familiars for that year, and just that year. Meaning you could end up with a familiar 6 months in advance of an event which would still give an opportunity for those people who sell to sell something early and for more. Also then you'd only be looking at 1 familiar type per year and they'd still be limited.

Though I do wish we'd do something for the sprites, because as I said above, it wasn't because I wasn't around or didn't want to be here, its because with closed registration we've not been allowed to be here.
I think there is definitely something to it, mainly because with FR it isn't about 'Oh I found this site before everyone else'. FR is CLOSED registration. I've known about FR for months, have wanted to join, and have been unable to due to the fact that registration has been closed. It hasn't been my choice to miss these events or miss out on these items.

It might be fun to have an event in December where it is possible to get all of the familiars for that year, and just that year. Meaning you could end up with a familiar 6 months in advance of an event which would still give an opportunity for those people who sell to sell something early and for more. Also then you'd only be looking at 1 familiar type per year and they'd still be limited.

Though I do wish we'd do something for the sprites, because as I said above, it wasn't because I wasn't around or didn't want to be here, its because with closed registration we've not been allowed to be here.
Na5WGHa.png
Update: If anything, this thread is now up in the news ticker.
Update: If anything, this thread is now up in the news ticker.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro7_250.gif
As a newer player, I really like the option of the possibility of them returning randomly.

-KJ
As a newer player, I really like the option of the possibility of them returning randomly.

-KJ
Voting for permanent retirement...
Voting for permanent retirement...
MJWDKKI.png9PCVycs.png Pixel adopts
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52 53