Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ABZÛ Fans?
This is the place to go escape to our wonderful underwater Video Game without leaving the PC (or phone in my case).

I have looked for all the fandragons, sadly mine won't come up because she is named Kaya, after my OC. Kaya is a scrapped OC my girl was renamed Diver so you can find her :)

Let's just talk about this marvelous game (and how it teaches us about caring for our oceans because coral bleaching is a real and serious problem.)
This is the place to go escape to our wonderful underwater Video Game without leaving the PC (or phone in my case).

I have looked for all the fandragons, sadly mine won't come up because she is named Kaya, after my OC. Kaya is a scrapped OC my girl was renamed Diver so you can find her :)

Let's just talk about this marvelous game (and how it teaches us about caring for our oceans because coral bleaching is a real and serious problem.)
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
Did somebody mention ABZÛ?

The shark dying broke me, mate.
Did somebody mention ABZÛ?

The shark dying broke me, mate.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Abzû is a very important game to me, it helped me through a rough time. It helped a lot to go play with fishies for a bit when things got too stressful.

I was really glad to see a game like Abzû that brought attention to the ocean; it's such a unique and important environment we have to preserve and protect. I also appreciate how it showcased animals that don't get the spotlight too often-- especially the shark. I remember being skeptical of the game for a while because from what I saw they put the white shark in a villain's role. But I was very happy to be wrong! I love sharks very much.

I used to want to be a marine biologist or work with the ocean. I don't think thats possible for me anymore but I still find a lot of that comfort being able to go swim with sharks and whales and stuff in the virtual world :]
Abzû is a very important game to me, it helped me through a rough time. It helped a lot to go play with fishies for a bit when things got too stressful.

I was really glad to see a game like Abzû that brought attention to the ocean; it's such a unique and important environment we have to preserve and protect. I also appreciate how it showcased animals that don't get the spotlight too often-- especially the shark. I remember being skeptical of the game for a while because from what I saw they put the white shark in a villain's role. But I was very happy to be wrong! I love sharks very much.

I used to want to be a marine biologist or work with the ocean. I don't think thats possible for me anymore but I still find a lot of that comfort being able to go swim with sharks and whales and stuff in the virtual world :]
Uw1G2JB.png
Never played it, but I love the soundtrack :)
Never played it, but I love the soundtrack :)
akueye3.png
I've played through it like. A dozen times now because its just so calm and serene! I love it a lot.
I've played through it like. A dozen times now because its just so calm and serene! I love it a lot.
bBPzQ9y.png
abzu is really a wonderful game, its great to just swim around and vibe with some creatures. missing my big shark boy rn, love that guy
abzu is really a wonderful game, its great to just swim around and vibe with some creatures. missing my big shark boy rn, love that guy
37706498.png
plague_small.png
@eurydise
@eurydise
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
I figured it'd be more Subnautica, which is one of my favorite games, if not my absolute favorite.

Nope, nope, absolutely not! And yet it, too, is now up there as a favorite. Such a fantastic, amazing experience, and so beautiful that, even if you know where the game's going, it's still got replayability. Replayability based purely on how immaculate the vibe is! That's pretty incredible!

I think what I'm really saying is that years of terrible underwater levels collectively faked game design out of the one true genre: Underwater Stuff. More, please.
I figured it'd be more Subnautica, which is one of my favorite games, if not my absolute favorite.

Nope, nope, absolutely not! And yet it, too, is now up there as a favorite. Such a fantastic, amazing experience, and so beautiful that, even if you know where the game's going, it's still got replayability. Replayability based purely on how immaculate the vibe is! That's pretty incredible!

I think what I'm really saying is that years of terrible underwater levels collectively faked game design out of the one true genre: Underwater Stuff. More, please.
cL9yafY.gif
I made a hub forgot about this thread lol... Also weeeeee now that The Pathless is out it's 100% in the same universe I have solid evidence in the form of a secret room in The Pathless.
I made a hub forgot about this thread lol... Also weeeeee now that The Pathless is out it's 100% in the same universe I have solid evidence in the form of a secret room in The Pathless.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her