Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2020
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
[quote name="Paganism" date="2020-10-25 13:26:37" ] It's okay guys, I fixed it, we can be cohesive now. [img]https://i.imgur.com/U7iBEeR.png[/img] [/quote] Hahha love it
Paganism wrote on 2020-10-25 13:26:37:
It's okay guys, I fixed it, we can be cohesive now.
U7iBEeR.png
Hahha love it
AvyBrzc.png
The second I saw that apparel, I knew I had to use it. For my wind element mostly green bard. This apparel is nothing that I would put on a plague dragon. Simply because most plague dragons have a plague theme, which means mainly red. You can’t put a deep forest green on a red dragon without generating a Christmas effect. At least make it closer to usual accent color for plague?

As much as I understand that we’re tiptoeing around the current pandemic and theoretically trying to show the “other side” of plague, this is not the way to go about that. Most of the problem here is that this doesn’t feel like a celebration of the “other side of plague“, but it feels like an attempt to hide the main aesthetic. It’s like if for waters fest you turned away from the water and said, wow this sand and those palm trees sure are nice, let’s make a sand flavored fest.

And then there’s the fact that a harp was used for this apparel. As a harpist myself, this is confusing to me because as bony as that harp is, harps generate a calm, forgive me for using a blunt term but even “naturey” vibe. And let’s not forget that instruments are kind of winds thing unless I’m very much mistaken. Harps are not discordant instruments. In fact, they’re known for how difficult it is to make a truly bad sound with a harp. (Not that plague should be stuck with a bad sounding instrument) But honestly, I feel like there’s got to be something that fits the aesthetic better right?

As a person in water who’s opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, I feel like the apparel for this fest required a lot of effort and ingenuity to function and in the end it didn’t get all that it needed.

The familiar is I think, at least a step closer in the right direction, and it’s something that I would use on a plague rep, but I do agree with a few other posts I’ve read that it’s a bit on the fiery side. Although I think that’s somewhat easier to forgive because the theme for familiars this year has potential to be difficult to work with for everyone.

The theme is lovely and fits plague wonderfully.

Anyways, sorry plague. You and your aesthetic have been rather unfairly minimized as usual. Honestly, such a wonderful flight, and an aesthetic with such possibilities deserves much better. The lack of respect here is upsetting.

Edit: I’m sure it’s already been reported, but the apparel also has an error in the description?
The second I saw that apparel, I knew I had to use it. For my wind element mostly green bard. This apparel is nothing that I would put on a plague dragon. Simply because most plague dragons have a plague theme, which means mainly red. You can’t put a deep forest green on a red dragon without generating a Christmas effect. At least make it closer to usual accent color for plague?

As much as I understand that we’re tiptoeing around the current pandemic and theoretically trying to show the “other side” of plague, this is not the way to go about that. Most of the problem here is that this doesn’t feel like a celebration of the “other side of plague“, but it feels like an attempt to hide the main aesthetic. It’s like if for waters fest you turned away from the water and said, wow this sand and those palm trees sure are nice, let’s make a sand flavored fest.

And then there’s the fact that a harp was used for this apparel. As a harpist myself, this is confusing to me because as bony as that harp is, harps generate a calm, forgive me for using a blunt term but even “naturey” vibe. And let’s not forget that instruments are kind of winds thing unless I’m very much mistaken. Harps are not discordant instruments. In fact, they’re known for how difficult it is to make a truly bad sound with a harp. (Not that plague should be stuck with a bad sounding instrument) But honestly, I feel like there’s got to be something that fits the aesthetic better right?

As a person in water who’s opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, I feel like the apparel for this fest required a lot of effort and ingenuity to function and in the end it didn’t get all that it needed.

The familiar is I think, at least a step closer in the right direction, and it’s something that I would use on a plague rep, but I do agree with a few other posts I’ve read that it’s a bit on the fiery side. Although I think that’s somewhat easier to forgive because the theme for familiars this year has potential to be difficult to work with for everyone.

The theme is lovely and fits plague wonderfully.

Anyways, sorry plague. You and your aesthetic have been rather unfairly minimized as usual. Honestly, such a wonderful flight, and an aesthetic with such possibilities deserves much better. The lack of respect here is upsetting.

Edit: I’m sure it’s already been reported, but the apparel also has an error in the description?
Art shop.

Free Genes.
[quote name="Gimeurcookie" date="2020-10-26 03:48:38" ][font=calibri]What's the point of commenting if all you can say is "Sorry people already brought copies we cannot change it." Not everything will get the glowtail treatment, especially when there's a lot of people digging the apparel. [/quote] [font=calibri]I believe most of us know that they technically cannot change it anymore. However, a statement of " We're hearing you and keeping this in mind for the Joxar recolor and future festivals " or releasing an early recolor or something like that would already help immensely. We just feel brushed under the rug at the moment because this has been a slow decline for [i]years[/i].
Gimeurcookie wrote on 2020-10-26 03:48:38:
What's the point of commenting if all you can say is "Sorry people already brought copies we cannot change it." Not everything will get the glowtail treatment, especially when there's a lot of people digging the apparel.

I believe most of us know that they technically cannot change it anymore.

However, a statement of " We're hearing you and keeping this in mind for the Joxar recolor and future festivals " or releasing an early recolor or something like that would already help immensely. We just feel brushed under the rug at the moment because this has been a slow decline for years.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
[quote name="Melralis" date="2020-10-26 06:36:49" ] [quote name="Gimeurcookie" date="2020-10-26 03:48:38" ][font=calibri]What's the point of commenting if all you can say is "Sorry people already brought copies we cannot change it." Not everything will get the glowtail treatment, especially when there's a lot of people digging the apparel. [/quote] [font=calibri]I believe most of us know that they technically cannot change it anymore. However, a statement of " We're hearing you and keeping this in mind for the Joxar recolor and future festivals " or releasing an early recolor or something like that would already help immensely. We just feel brushed under the rug at the moment because this has been a slow decline for [i]years[/i]. [/quote] I agree with this but all they can do is at least add some red to it like... make the beans read a little bit or the tattered thing a flesh color red. Like there are actually ways to change it. Add a recolor in the spare inventory or smth or maybe sell a recolor eventually??
Melralis wrote on 2020-10-26 06:36:49:
Gimeurcookie wrote on 2020-10-26 03:48:38:
What's the point of commenting if all you can say is "Sorry people already brought copies we cannot change it." Not everything will get the glowtail treatment, especially when there's a lot of people digging the apparel.

I believe most of us know that they technically cannot change it anymore.

However, a statement of " We're hearing you and keeping this in mind for the Joxar recolor and future festivals " or releasing an early recolor or something like that would already help immensely. We just feel brushed under the rug at the moment because this has been a slow decline for years.

I agree with this but all they can do is at least add some red to it like... make the beans read a little bit or the tattered thing a flesh color red. Like there are actually ways to change it. Add a recolor in the spare inventory or smth or maybe sell a recolor eventually??
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
Goodness I did not expect this much negativity. Don't get me wrong though, I totally understand the complaints. Personally I adore the apparel, but then I'm arcane and also really like the nature aesthetic haha.
Green was a strange colour choice, it must be said. Generally I feel like with these events the items should represent the flight, and while there is a plague element to the apparel, it's quite subtle. I don't blame people for feeling like Plague was left out this year. The apparel is great by itself, but maybe not befitting a Riot of Rot?
I wouldn't be surprised if next event's spare inventory was this month apparel in red, lol.

That's my thoughts anyhow. All the items are superb, thank you developers for your hard work!
Goodness I did not expect this much negativity. Don't get me wrong though, I totally understand the complaints. Personally I adore the apparel, but then I'm arcane and also really like the nature aesthetic haha.
Green was a strange colour choice, it must be said. Generally I feel like with these events the items should represent the flight, and while there is a plague element to the apparel, it's quite subtle. I don't blame people for feeling like Plague was left out this year. The apparel is great by itself, but maybe not befitting a Riot of Rot?
I wouldn't be surprised if next event's spare inventory was this month apparel in red, lol.

That's my thoughts anyhow. All the items are superb, thank you developers for your hard work!
FObX7rS.png
HAPPY RIOT OF ROT!! I expected that Plague got the short end of the stick again, and i was right. The scene is utterly amazing! The skins are okay, great work from ALL the artists!! tho i think the collection could be less mushroom and more bone and disease, puss and blood, scars and holes, i mean, thats our flights thing anyway, but that is not the artists fault! In no way! Each interpreted the flight great in thier own way! But the apperal really makes me utterly sad, a clean green bard? For real? Hell, it doesnt even have any depth compared to [item=Tree Warden's Garb] which it closely relates to. Sorry, but we are not nature, we are dirty warmongers in the name of survival, the more holes a piece has the more action it has seen! The more it got stitched, even with different colored pieces, the more its owner loves the piece! And who knows what story each patch tells? It should have been a reddish dirty rag, with holes, stitches and patches The bone harb itself is fine, could be more dirty/bloody tho Overall, its just another drama riot because staff seemingly regrets making Plague as it seems like. The familiar is utterly amazing tho!!
HAPPY RIOT OF ROT!!

I expected that Plague got the short end of the stick again, and i was right.
The scene is utterly amazing!
The skins are okay, great work from ALL the artists!! tho i think the collection could be less mushroom and more bone and disease, puss and blood, scars and holes, i mean, thats our flights thing anyway, but that is not the artists fault! In no way! Each interpreted the flight great in thier own way!

But the apperal really makes me utterly sad, a clean green bard? For real? Hell, it doesnt even have any depth compared to Tree Warden's Garb which it closely relates to.
Sorry, but we are not nature, we are dirty warmongers in the name of survival, the more holes a piece has the more action it has seen! The more it got stitched, even with different colored pieces, the more its owner loves the piece! And who knows what story each patch tells?
It should have been a reddish dirty rag, with holes, stitches and patches
The bone harb itself is fine, could be more dirty/bloody tho

Overall, its just another drama riot because staff seemingly regrets making Plague as it seems like.

The familiar is utterly amazing tho!!
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

Good morning, everyone. This thread's been locked in order to undergo review. Thank you.
Good morning, everyone. This thread's been locked in order to undergo review. Thank you.
Update: We've made the decision to not unlock this thread and we wanted to let you know why.

First, thank you for your feedback and sharing your feelings with us regarding this year's Riot of Rot. We understand that some of you are not very happy about the apparel item, and it's valid for you to both have and express those feelings. We also recognize that there are a lot of different voices in our community about what constitutes plague's theme, and those might not always align with the small group of us creating content for it. While the team is still actively discussing your feedback for the future, we don't have any plans to make alterations to an item already in wide circulation.

Second, and related to the above, we apologize for allowing the thread to run unchecked overnight. This happened due to an internal misunderstanding and miscommunication. It was not deliberate but we understand how this gives the appearance of not caring and that the end result was a thread no one could walk away feeling good about.

Finally, on why the thread will remain locked:

It ultimately came down to the discussion around the skin contest. We believe it's one thing to disagree with the development team's choices, but that it's something else entirely to call negative attention to the winning skins or accents—all of which are created by your fellow players—because you don't personally like them.

This has happened several times over the life of Flight Rising and, honestly, it's not okay. It bears repeating—the winning artists for any given festival are your fellow players who participated in a site event. When the development team are the judges of said event, it is not appropriate to make very public statements about how the winning players didn't deserve it or that there were much better options, etc.

If there was an entry you'd hoped would win, that's fine! Have that discussion. Elevate and celebrate those entries! But it's not okay to directly and negatively contrast it with a winning skin or accent. Yes, players are competing with one another to win, but we all need to be mindful that this is still a monthly celebration and not bitter rivalry.

If the winning skins or accents just aren't your thing, that's also fine to discuss, if you do it respectfully. Please be careful about using negative adjectives and editorial phrasing to express it. If what you're about to post feels like something you wouldn't appreciate waking up to on the opening day of a party where you're being celebrated, we ask you not to post it at all.

This is really important: When you call out a winning submission in order to tear it down because you don't like it, you're also calling another player out for something that is completely outside of their control once they've submitted their skin or accent. When you call out a submission that didn't win and compare it to a winning submission, you're calling out not one but two players in an adversarial way. That's not cool, and both situations are a form of harassment. Even if that's not your intent—and we realize many of you don't intend or want to harass them—the result is the same. Don't do it.

We've removed some comments under forum moderation that went too far in that direction and those players have been notified. If any other comments are removed, those players will be notified as well.
Update: We've made the decision to not unlock this thread and we wanted to let you know why.

First, thank you for your feedback and sharing your feelings with us regarding this year's Riot of Rot. We understand that some of you are not very happy about the apparel item, and it's valid for you to both have and express those feelings. We also recognize that there are a lot of different voices in our community about what constitutes plague's theme, and those might not always align with the small group of us creating content for it. While the team is still actively discussing your feedback for the future, we don't have any plans to make alterations to an item already in wide circulation.

Second, and related to the above, we apologize for allowing the thread to run unchecked overnight. This happened due to an internal misunderstanding and miscommunication. It was not deliberate but we understand how this gives the appearance of not caring and that the end result was a thread no one could walk away feeling good about.

Finally, on why the thread will remain locked:

It ultimately came down to the discussion around the skin contest. We believe it's one thing to disagree with the development team's choices, but that it's something else entirely to call negative attention to the winning skins or accents—all of which are created by your fellow players—because you don't personally like them.

This has happened several times over the life of Flight Rising and, honestly, it's not okay. It bears repeating—the winning artists for any given festival are your fellow players who participated in a site event. When the development team are the judges of said event, it is not appropriate to make very public statements about how the winning players didn't deserve it or that there were much better options, etc.

If there was an entry you'd hoped would win, that's fine! Have that discussion. Elevate and celebrate those entries! But it's not okay to directly and negatively contrast it with a winning skin or accent. Yes, players are competing with one another to win, but we all need to be mindful that this is still a monthly celebration and not bitter rivalry.

If the winning skins or accents just aren't your thing, that's also fine to discuss, if you do it respectfully. Please be careful about using negative adjectives and editorial phrasing to express it. If what you're about to post feels like something you wouldn't appreciate waking up to on the opening day of a party where you're being celebrated, we ask you not to post it at all.

This is really important: When you call out a winning submission in order to tear it down because you don't like it, you're also calling another player out for something that is completely outside of their control once they've submitted their skin or accent. When you call out a submission that didn't win and compare it to a winning submission, you're calling out not one but two players in an adversarial way. That's not cool, and both situations are a form of harassment. Even if that's not your intent—and we realize many of you don't intend or want to harass them—the result is the same. Don't do it.

We've removed some comments under forum moderation that went too far in that direction and those players have been notified. If any other comments are removed, those players will be notified as well.
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56