Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Hoard update not working
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
Thanks @AnpuRa,

That's certainly a fairly new version - not the newest, but new enough that we'd be seeing a lot of bug reports for it if that was the only cause.

I assume this is the only part of the site that causes you trouble? I ask because we use pretty similar code to other pages - especially newer ones like Dragon Profiles, Game DB, Lair, etc.

You said that Developer Console "didn't really report anything". Even if it appears to be unimportant at first, any bit of info could be relevant. In particular we're looking for the contents of both the Console and the Network tabs. If you can send me what is listed as a PM, I'll be able to identify the relevant errors from the every day ones like "image not found".

I might not have been clear on this step - be sure to open the tool first and then load the page. Thanks!
Thanks @AnpuRa,

That's certainly a fairly new version - not the newest, but new enough that we'd be seeing a lot of bug reports for it if that was the only cause.

I assume this is the only part of the site that causes you trouble? I ask because we use pretty similar code to other pages - especially newer ones like Dragon Profiles, Game DB, Lair, etc.

You said that Developer Console "didn't really report anything". Even if it appears to be unimportant at first, any bit of info could be relevant. In particular we're looking for the contents of both the Console and the Network tabs. If you can send me what is listed as a PM, I'll be able to identify the relevant errors from the every day ones like "image not found".

I might not have been clear on this step - be sure to open the tool first and then load the page. Thanks!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora

Well, the whole Dragon Lair is the same way, but I used it so little anyway that losing it wasn't a big deal.
@Kaepora

Well, the whole Dragon Lair is the same way, but I used it so little anyway that losing it wasn't a big deal.
@AnpuRa Okay, that's actually good! It give us more evidence to dig into. Please PM me any errors (both in Console and Network) that are generated when attempting to perform lair tasks.

Please include a mention of what task(s) you were attempting to perform that failed.
@AnpuRa Okay, that's actually good! It give us more evidence to dig into. Please PM me any errors (both in Console and Network) that are generated when attempting to perform lair tasks.

Please include a mention of what task(s) you were attempting to perform that failed.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

I'm not sure what else to do.
I haven't really been able to find anything useful.
I just seem stuck not being able to access my Hoard directly.
I already had to auction off one of my eggs just to have enough funds to be in the current event.
I don't know what else to do.
@Kaepora

I'm not sure what else to do.
I haven't really been able to find anything useful.
I just seem stuck not being able to access my Hoard directly.
I already had to auction off one of my eggs just to have enough funds to be in the current event.
I don't know what else to do.
@AnpuRa I see two paths forward to get things running:
  1. Using the steps described above, generate Developer Console logs (both from the Console and Network tabs) and PM those so we can see where your computer is hitting an issue. Logs generated in both the hoard and the lair would be helpful, since you mentioned that the lair also doesn’t work for you.
  2. Check to see if Google Chrome would have the same issue. I’m not saying that’s the “fix” but installing a different browser may give us a new result.

As mentioned before computer or network-specific issues may also be the cause. This includes:
- Parental software or other system-level restrictions/settings
- Use of a VPN that’s not functioning properly
- Issues with your ISP (although generally that affects an entire site)
- Use of a network, like at a business or school that limits some traffic
- out of date software (browser or OS) - you already verified that the browser is fairly up-to-date, though.
- Malware/virus

It would also be helpful if we receive any other reports of these sorts of issues. I was hoping to see some other posts on this thread from others with similar problems so we can zero in on what the common cause could be.
@AnpuRa I see two paths forward to get things running:
  1. Using the steps described above, generate Developer Console logs (both from the Console and Network tabs) and PM those so we can see where your computer is hitting an issue. Logs generated in both the hoard and the lair would be helpful, since you mentioned that the lair also doesn’t work for you.
  2. Check to see if Google Chrome would have the same issue. I’m not saying that’s the “fix” but installing a different browser may give us a new result.

As mentioned before computer or network-specific issues may also be the cause. This includes:
- Parental software or other system-level restrictions/settings
- Use of a VPN that’s not functioning properly
- Issues with your ISP (although generally that affects an entire site)
- Use of a network, like at a business or school that limits some traffic
- out of date software (browser or OS) - you already verified that the browser is fairly up-to-date, though.
- Malware/virus

It would also be helpful if we receive any other reports of these sorts of issues. I was hoping to see some other posts on this thread from others with similar problems so we can zero in on what the common cause could be.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

1. I have no idea what I'm doing with that console pragram
2. I have tried it on Chrome already. It is still the same issues

I have no parental software installed
I am not using a VPN
my ISP works fine and I'm not having issues with other sites
I am not on a network. This is a personal computer and the only one in the household.
Things are all up to date.
Have done several malware/virus tests and scans, all clean

Not surprised by the lack of activity here. I don't have much luck asking for help on the forums. When the Scenes were released, I couldn't get much help on why they didn't work either. Most updates tend to be broken for me, but I live with it, but this one is almost a death blow to the site for me.
@Kaepora

1. I have no idea what I'm doing with that console pragram
2. I have tried it on Chrome already. It is still the same issues

I have no parental software installed
I am not using a VPN
my ISP works fine and I'm not having issues with other sites
I am not on a network. This is a personal computer and the only one in the household.
Things are all up to date.
Have done several malware/virus tests and scans, all clean

Not surprised by the lack of activity here. I don't have much luck asking for help on the forums. When the Scenes were released, I couldn't get much help on why they didn't work either. Most updates tend to be broken for me, but I live with it, but this one is almost a death blow to the site for me.
@AnpuRa

Okay, I can walk you through the developer console step-by-step. I know it’s a lot, but it is the best diagnostic tool we have.

Please reply to each step with what happens and what you see.
  1. First, open the Developer Console window by hitting the F12 key. Did the window pop up?
  2. Select the “Console” tab within Developer Console. Did this display a page with many rows of info and error messages?
  3. Go to the main hoard page. If you were already there, refresh it. Did now data pop up in the Developer Console?
  4. Move your mouse cursor over an item in your hoard. Does it change into a pointer finger?
  5. Click the icon. Does anything get added to the Developer Console? If so, what does it say?
  6. In the Developer Console, switch to the “Network” tab. Did this display a page with many rows of info and error messages?
  7. Refresh the hoard page. Did the list on the Network tab clear out and then display a new long set of items?
  8. Click a hoard item as you did above. Did anything new appear in the Developer Console Network tab? If so, what does it say? Please include all the data shown in each new row.
@AnpuRa

Okay, I can walk you through the developer console step-by-step. I know it’s a lot, but it is the best diagnostic tool we have.

Please reply to each step with what happens and what you see.
  1. First, open the Developer Console window by hitting the F12 key. Did the window pop up?
  2. Select the “Console” tab within Developer Console. Did this display a page with many rows of info and error messages?
  3. Go to the main hoard page. If you were already there, refresh it. Did now data pop up in the Developer Console?
  4. Move your mouse cursor over an item in your hoard. Does it change into a pointer finger?
  5. Click the icon. Does anything get added to the Developer Console? If so, what does it say?
  6. In the Developer Console, switch to the “Network” tab. Did this display a page with many rows of info and error messages?
  7. Refresh the hoard page. Did the list on the Network tab clear out and then display a new long set of items?
  8. Click a hoard item as you did above. Did anything new appear in the Developer Console Network tab? If so, what does it say? Please include all the data shown in each new row.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. No
6. No
7. No
8. No

I'm not really sure what all that was suppose to do.
I hope the info was at least useful to you
@Kaepora

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. No
6. No
7. No
8. No

I'm not really sure what all that was suppose to do.
I hope the info was at least useful to you
@AnpuRa I wonder if there’s a miscommunication. Even when visiting a page that’s 100% functioning, your Developer Console should display something - especially on the Network tab. If I understand your “no” correctly, the Network tab is showing up as entirely blank? Here’s a photo of how the Network tab is supposed to look. Note how it includes 6 visible rows of data, each with a number in front. [img]https://mdn.mozillademos.org/files/16245/network_monitor.png[/img] Can you try opening the Developer Console on an entirely different website? It [i]should[/i] list data under the Network tab for every page you load, every image you see, and more. You mentioned that there is 1 computer involved, is a smart phone/tablet or any other non-computer device (that can connect to the internet) available?
@AnpuRa

I wonder if there’s a miscommunication. Even when visiting a page that’s 100% functioning, your Developer Console should display something - especially on the Network tab. If I understand your “no” correctly, the Network tab is showing up as entirely blank?

Here’s a photo of how the Network tab is supposed to look. Note how it includes 6 visible rows of data, each with a number in front.

network_monitor.png

Can you try opening the Developer Console on an entirely different website? It should list data under the Network tab for every page you load, every image you see, and more.

You mentioned that there is 1 computer involved, is a smart phone/tablet or any other non-computer device (that can connect to the internet) available?

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

No, I don't get anything like that.

No, I don't have a smartphone or tablet, Sorry
@Kaepora

No, I don't get anything like that.

No, I don't have a smartphone or tablet, Sorry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35