Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Beastclan Babies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I don't think babies of any species can be considered familiars because they can't perform tasks and don't understand the concept of trust yet. They don't really fit the definition.

I would support seeing more beastclan art around the site in general though, and possibly a parent beastclan member with their offspring(like the Xolo, as mentioned above).

No support for babies as familiars.
I don't think babies of any species can be considered familiars because they can't perform tasks and don't understand the concept of trust yet. They don't really fit the definition.

I would support seeing more beastclan art around the site in general though, and possibly a parent beastclan member with their offspring(like the Xolo, as mentioned above).

No support for babies as familiars.
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
well this got controversial really fast.

anyways, i give my support, this idea is cute, we already have fully grown beastclan familiars, i would love to see their lil noodle children or fluffy harpy chicks. i wish to see the baby guppies.
well this got controversial really fast.

anyways, i give my support, this idea is cute, we already have fully grown beastclan familiars, i would love to see their lil noodle children or fluffy harpy chicks. i wish to see the baby guppies.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
[quote name="DethJackal" date="2020-10-03 18:41:00" ] Would you give your dragon a human baby as a familiar? . [/quote] Would you give your dragon a human adult for a familiar? By having the whole concept of Beastclan being sapient beings, the whole concept of having a centaur or a serthis for a familiar can be Upsetting if you think about it. I think the site lore could provide a suitable explanation for young Beastclan familiars. Probably would want to avoid them being found via Coli, but I'd be for it. Alternatively, what about NotN Mimics that look like they might be Beastclan babies, but...Are Wrong somehow. Sort of like a predatory approach, the way jaguars (I think?) can sound like baby monkeys to get their prey to come to them
DethJackal wrote on 2020-10-03 18:41:00:
Would you give your dragon a human baby as a familiar? .

Would you give your dragon a human adult for a familiar?

By having the whole concept of Beastclan being sapient beings, the whole concept of having a centaur or a serthis for a familiar can be Upsetting if you think about it.

I think the site lore could provide a suitable explanation for young Beastclan familiars. Probably would want to avoid them being found via Coli, but I'd be for it.

Alternatively, what about NotN Mimics that look like they might be Beastclan babies, but...Are Wrong somehow. Sort of like a predatory approach, the way jaguars (I think?) can sound like baby monkeys to get their prey to come to them
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2020-10-05 05:14:40" ] (Fiona would be fine, because you could have 'get two centaurs to awakened, get a centaur kid' with the heavy implication that these centaurs are happy enough in your lair to raise a family. [/quote] I really like this idea. Could almost see it being a sort of Springtime thing, where a handful of babies get added, but require a couple being Awakened (wouldn't even just have to be male and female, just not two of the same model). Bonus--could do it across clans. Like a Wintermane and a Stonestomp centaur are a couple, and hey, they probably wouldn't have met if they weren't in your clan.
Vendrus wrote on 2020-10-05 05:14:40:
(Fiona would be fine, because you could have 'get two centaurs to awakened, get a centaur kid' with the heavy implication that these centaurs are happy enough in your lair to raise a family.

I really like this idea. Could almost see it being a sort of Springtime thing, where a handful of babies get added, but require a couple being Awakened (wouldn't even just have to be male and female, just not two of the same model). Bonus--could do it across clans. Like a Wintermane and a Stonestomp centaur are a couple, and hey, they probably wouldn't have met if they weren't in your clan.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Trix" date="2020-10-20 10:45:44" ] [quote name="DethJackal" date="2020-10-03 18:41:00" ] Would you give your dragon a human baby as a familiar? . [/quote] Would you give your dragon a human adult for a familiar? By having the whole concept of Beastclan being sapient beings, the whole concept of having a centaur or a serthis for a familiar can be Upsetting if you think about it. I think the site lore could provide a suitable explanation for young Beastclan familiars. Probably would want to avoid them being found via Coli, but I'd be for it. Alternatively, what about NotN Mimics that look like they might be Beastclan babies, but...Are Wrong somehow. Sort of like a predatory approach, the way jaguars (I think?) can sound like baby monkeys to get their prey to come to them [/quote] To add on to this, no, but not because I would feel it was wrong, but because I don't like human babies... However, in terms of a dragon clan raising a human baby and having it as a 'familiar', then I feel it could be like the Jungle Book issue, Mowgli (hope I spelled that right, been a while since I have seen it spelled) was a human baby raised by wolves. How is that much different than a dragon raising a human baby? What about Beastclans having human babies (not as in having them but as in finding them and raising them) would that be wrong? Especially since familiars aren't just pets. I mean even the bonding levels say that much. 'Companion' 'Loyal' and so on. The word 'familiar' itself, when applied to animal or animal like creatures doesn't mean pet, but more of a companion. If all familiars were 'pets', IE, no beastclans were familiars etc.. then yeah, I think it would be uncomfortable, but I also don't think this suggestion would popup. Even the mechanic behind familiars supports the idea that familiars are more than just pets, because it isn't a specific dragon bonding with a specific familiar, but an entire clan of dragons bonding with an entire species of familiar. So, those beastclan babies, or human babies, or whatever, aren't just being 'kept' by one dragon, but rather have one particular dragon that 'watches' over them to keep them out of harms way or trouble etc.. Also, for the record, lorewise, I would have no issues with giving dragons a human baby if there were human adults in the game, and thus I could sit back and imagine that the dragons perhaps found the baby and maybe were trying to find its parents (sort of like Ice Age), or the parents themselves were close by, watching the interactions. Basically, as has been said, there are numerous ways for this to be implemented, none of which have to be bad or problematic unless you, yourself, want it to be. Just like the act of tossing a familiar into baldwin's pot. While officially, Baldwin just uses feathers/fur/whatever from the familiar and lets it go, players are allowed to have darker lore, and that is fine. But, I wouldn't want to have baldwin stop allowing familiars to be transmuted, because some people were uncomfortable with the idea. I think beastclan babies (and to me, I see these as more being teenagers or children rather than actual babies, though actual babies could be doable as well) would be a cute addition. I think that babies of all types of familiars, whether beastclan or not, would be cute as familiars. (Before we got ancients, I wanted a type of 'psuedo' dragon, aka Wyverns, drakes and other types of dragons that wouldn't match the sites definition of modern dragon, as familiars, and didn't feel it was problematic. Again, it is all how you approach the idea and how you see familiars.)
Trix wrote on 2020-10-20 10:45:44:

By having the whole concept of Beastclan being sapient beings, the whole concept of having a centaur or a serthis for a familiar can be Upsetting if you think about it.

I think the site lore could provide a suitable explanation for young Beastclan familiars. Probably would want to avoid them being found via Coli, but I'd be for it.

Alternatively, what about NotN Mimics that look like they might be Beastclan babies, but...Are Wrong somehow. Sort of like a predatory approach, the way jaguars (I think?) can sound like baby monkeys to get their prey to come to them
To add on to this, no, but not because I would feel it was wrong, but because I don't like human babies...

However, in terms of a dragon clan raising a human baby and having it as a 'familiar', then I feel it could be like the Jungle Book issue, Mowgli (hope I spelled that right, been a while since I have seen it spelled) was a human baby raised by wolves. How is that much different than a dragon raising a human baby? What about Beastclans having human babies (not as in having them but as in finding them and raising them) would that be wrong?

Especially since familiars aren't just pets. I mean even the bonding levels say that much. 'Companion' 'Loyal' and so on. The word 'familiar' itself, when applied to animal or animal like creatures doesn't mean pet, but more of a companion.

If all familiars were 'pets', IE, no beastclans were familiars etc.. then yeah, I think it would be uncomfortable, but I also don't think this suggestion would popup.

Even the mechanic behind familiars supports the idea that familiars are more than just pets, because it isn't a specific dragon bonding with a specific familiar, but an entire clan of dragons bonding with an entire species of familiar.

So, those beastclan babies, or human babies, or whatever, aren't just being 'kept' by one dragon, but rather have one particular dragon that 'watches' over them to keep them out of harms way or trouble etc..

Also, for the record, lorewise, I would have no issues with giving dragons a human baby if there were human adults in the game, and thus I could sit back and imagine that the dragons perhaps found the baby and maybe were trying to find its parents (sort of like Ice Age), or the parents themselves were close by, watching the interactions.

Basically, as has been said, there are numerous ways for this to be implemented, none of which have to be bad or problematic unless you, yourself, want it to be. Just like the act of tossing a familiar into baldwin's pot. While officially, Baldwin just uses feathers/fur/whatever from the familiar and lets it go, players are allowed to have darker lore, and that is fine. But, I wouldn't want to have baldwin stop allowing familiars to be transmuted, because some people were uncomfortable with the idea.

I think beastclan babies (and to me, I see these as more being teenagers or children rather than actual babies, though actual babies could be doable as well) would be a cute addition. I think that babies of all types of familiars, whether beastclan or not, would be cute as familiars. (Before we got ancients, I wanted a type of 'psuedo' dragon, aka Wyverns, drakes and other types of dragons that wouldn't match the sites definition of modern dragon, as familiars, and didn't feel it was problematic. Again, it is all how you approach the idea and how you see familiars.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Trix" date="2020-10-20 10:45:44" ] [quote name="DethJackal" date="2020-10-03 18:41:00" ] Would you give your dragon a human baby as a familiar? . [/quote] Would you give your dragon a human adult for a familiar? [/quote] If this game had humans in it? Sure. In fact, I already do. Like I said, I consider Beastclan to be pretty much equivalent to humans, and I already have several familiars on my dragons. I don’t have a problem with the adults being around to only be objectified and simplified as being ‘cute’.
Trix wrote on 2020-10-20 10:45:44:

If this game had humans in it? Sure. In fact, I already do. Like I said, I consider Beastclan to be pretty much equivalent to humans, and I already have several familiars on my dragons. I don’t have a problem with the adults being around to only be objectified and simplified as being ‘cute’.
No support for Beastclan babies on their own, with the way the Beastclan lore is already uncomfortable, I really don't like the implications this would have on what is already iffy with the adult Beastclan familiars.

I do like the idea of a parent/child familiar, I think that eases a lot of the concerns there are with the implications of a baby Beastclan familiar, even if the familiar lore states otherwise. (But honestly this is an issue with the Beastclans in general, an update on the lore would really be appreciated someday... but that's another thread.)

General baby familiars would be cute and I'd love those though! Fiona rewards or brewing or found in the marketplace would all be good options.
No support for Beastclan babies on their own, with the way the Beastclan lore is already uncomfortable, I really don't like the implications this would have on what is already iffy with the adult Beastclan familiars.

I do like the idea of a parent/child familiar, I think that eases a lot of the concerns there are with the implications of a baby Beastclan familiar, even if the familiar lore states otherwise. (But honestly this is an issue with the Beastclans in general, an update on the lore would really be appreciated someday... but that's another thread.)

General baby familiars would be cute and I'd love those though! Fiona rewards or brewing or found in the marketplace would all be good options.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
[quote name="Trix" date="2020-10-20 10:52:38" ] [quote name="Vendrus" date="2020-10-05 05:14:40" ] (Fiona would be fine, because you could have 'get two centaurs to awakened, get a centaur kid' with the heavy implication that these centaurs are happy enough in your lair to raise a family. [/quote] I really like this idea. Could almost see it being a sort of Springtime thing, where a handful of babies get added, but require a couple being Awakened (wouldn't even just have to be male and female, just not two of the same model). Bonus--could do it across clans. Like a Wintermane and a Stonestomp centaur are a couple, and hey, they probably wouldn't have met if they weren't in your clan. [/quote] That is the most adorable thing ever.
Trix wrote on 2020-10-20 10:52:38:
Vendrus wrote on 2020-10-05 05:14:40:
(Fiona would be fine, because you could have 'get two centaurs to awakened, get a centaur kid' with the heavy implication that these centaurs are happy enough in your lair to raise a family.

I really like this idea. Could almost see it being a sort of Springtime thing, where a handful of babies get added, but require a couple being Awakened (wouldn't even just have to be male and female, just not two of the same model). Bonus--could do it across clans. Like a Wintermane and a Stonestomp centaur are a couple, and hey, they probably wouldn't have met if they weren't in your clan.
That is the most adorable thing ever.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@persimmonbird i think op meant you can breed beastclans, or they would do so on their own. no need to make it weird dude ,,,,>_<
@persimmonbird i think op meant you can breed beastclans, or they would do so on their own. no need to make it weird dude ,,,,>_<
>wishlist
>my magnum opus
b04qJywAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
BT1N47G.png
@persimmonbird like seriously dude, make grimdark lore if you want but like,,, edgelord on main much? yuck. let people have fun.
@persimmonbird like seriously dude, make grimdark lore if you want but like,,, edgelord on main much? yuck. let people have fun.
>wishlist
>my magnum opus
b04qJywAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
BT1N47G.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9