Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Whats the worst injury you’ve had
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
When I was about 6 or 7 I fell about ~15 feet out of a tree, hit my jaw on the last branch before hitting the ground, then got smacked in the face a few hours later with a dodgeball at a church group thing. My jaw was almost entirely purple for my spring pictures that year. Surprisingly I didn't have to go to the doctor or dentist and thankfully I've never had any problems with my jaw
When I was about 6 or 7 I fell about ~15 feet out of a tree, hit my jaw on the last branch before hitting the ground, then got smacked in the face a few hours later with a dodgeball at a church group thing. My jaw was almost entirely purple for my spring pictures that year. Surprisingly I didn't have to go to the doctor or dentist and thankfully I've never had any problems with my jaw
568.png
Not my worst injury but a funny and strange injury?

One day I asked my younger brother to give me the ouija board I made (I’m rly into the paranormal, nothing weird or bad ever happened to me but this was a mistake on his end, I kinda dropped that stuff like that as I grew older.)
Instead of handing it to me he tossed it at me thinking I asked him to toss it??? And he tossed it directly between my eyes to which I reeled against a wall, and uhhh it kinda split the skin between my eyes, I’m lucky it didn’t actually hit one of my eyes.

it bled down the sides of my face but healed up pretty quickly the following days and now I have a scar in between my eyes, yippee
Not my worst injury but a funny and strange injury?

One day I asked my younger brother to give me the ouija board I made (I’m rly into the paranormal, nothing weird or bad ever happened to me but this was a mistake on his end, I kinda dropped that stuff like that as I grew older.)
Instead of handing it to me he tossed it at me thinking I asked him to toss it??? And he tossed it directly between my eyes to which I reeled against a wall, and uhhh it kinda split the skin between my eyes, I’m lucky it didn’t actually hit one of my eyes.

it bled down the sides of my face but healed up pretty quickly the following days and now I have a scar in between my eyes, yippee
Not a bad one, but smashed my thumb in a car door--door fully shut and thumb bone was crushed under the force of it. Had a huge blood blister and then my nail fell off and regrew.
Not a bad one, but smashed my thumb in a car door--door fully shut and thumb bone was crushed under the force of it. Had a huge blood blister and then my nail fell off and regrew.
On my birthday about four years ago I got the wonderful gift of very nearly chopping off the tip of my finger with the handle of a broom while at work. The most fun part of this is that I worked in a kitchen, so I had loads of things that would be reasonable things to achieve this activity with, but I picked a broom. Had it been half an inch down I would've lost my fingertip entirely, but it was at the right spot that I just can't feel half of that fingertip anymore.
On my birthday about four years ago I got the wonderful gift of very nearly chopping off the tip of my finger with the handle of a broom while at work. The most fun part of this is that I worked in a kitchen, so I had loads of things that would be reasonable things to achieve this activity with, but I picked a broom. Had it been half an inch down I would've lost my fingertip entirely, but it was at the right spot that I just can't feel half of that fingertip anymore.
It/its
It was early spring and there was fresh snow on the ground, little me was playing outside in my snow boots. In the snow I found this old board with a rusty nail sticking out. A couple times I had "tested" putting my boot on it and I thought that it wouldn't go through. Young me was wrong. I don't remember what happened directly after, but I remember soaking my foot in a bowl of achocol afterwards. Not one of my brightest moments lol
It was early spring and there was fresh snow on the ground, little me was playing outside in my snow boots. In the snow I found this old board with a rusty nail sticking out. A couple times I had "tested" putting my boot on it and I thought that it wouldn't go through. Young me was wrong. I don't remember what happened directly after, but I remember soaking my foot in a bowl of achocol afterwards. Not one of my brightest moments lol
rOs1tfN.png
I've never really been too seriously injured.

The most irritating would be when I once plucked a leaf off a tree to feed to a caterpillar and... It was actually a huge poison ivy leaf from a humongous vine growing up a tree . I wasn't aware poison ivy could get so big, I hadn't even bothered to count the leaves before touching it. I had black stained on my finger but I thought it was caterpillar spit or something. It was pure urushiol. Fast forward, my eyes are almost swelled shut and I'm coated in poison ivy rash for weeks. :')

And uh, bronchitis is not fun. I've had it a few times and it's very uncomfortable. I had it pretty bad once to the point where I felt like I couldn't breathe, had to get medicine for it.

Other than that, I've twisted my ankles several times and injured my toes as well but never broke any bones or had to go the hospital for anything. Yet. Hopefully I never do. :')
I've never really been too seriously injured.

The most irritating would be when I once plucked a leaf off a tree to feed to a caterpillar and... It was actually a huge poison ivy leaf from a humongous vine growing up a tree . I wasn't aware poison ivy could get so big, I hadn't even bothered to count the leaves before touching it. I had black stained on my finger but I thought it was caterpillar spit or something. It was pure urushiol. Fast forward, my eyes are almost swelled shut and I'm coated in poison ivy rash for weeks. :')

And uh, bronchitis is not fun. I've had it a few times and it's very uncomfortable. I had it pretty bad once to the point where I felt like I couldn't breathe, had to get medicine for it.

Other than that, I've twisted my ankles several times and injured my toes as well but never broke any bones or had to go the hospital for anything. Yet. Hopefully I never do. :')
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Tektite
I hope that doesn't mean you don't like or are scared of pitbulls, I grew up with pitbulls and they've been the sweetest dogs I've ever had
@Tektite
I hope that doesn't mean you don't like or are scared of pitbulls, I grew up with pitbulls and they've been the sweetest dogs I've ever had
646378xb7pmu4huz.gif
Despite my numerous dangerous shenanigans, I luckily have yet to suffer any major injuries. My worst was probably when I got an impact fracture on my proximal tibia around two? Three? years back. I was taking a beginner snowboarding class and took a nasty fall to avoid running into someone who has swerved in front of me. So I dove to the side at a decent speed in which my torso + legs rotate and my feet + board didn't go with them looking back now, i'm vvv surprised that the break wasn't worse The fracture itself wasn't bad enough to cause any noticeable damage aside from some slight bruising and some swelling behind my knee, and while it caused me Immense Pain I could still walk on it, so for a while my parents just blew it off as a sprain or something along those lines.

I ended up skiing on it for a week with extreme difficulty, and it wasn't until two weeks after we got back from our ski trip (~3 weeks after the fracture) that my parents finally believed me when I said that it was bad and didn't dismiss me as "faking it" or "overreacting." We went to get an x-ray and lo and behold, I broke my leg lmao. My parents apologized to me for days afterward. Since the break wasn't bad and a decent amount of time had already elapsed since the injury, there wasn't anything to be done; I just got out of gym class for two months and was ordered not to put an unnecessary pressure on it. It gave me horrible, horrible chronic pain for months both while it was healing and afterwards, and sometimes it flares up again even now, years later rip, though the pain isn't nearly as bad.

My second worst was probably when I leaped off a chair and hit my face directly on the corner of a coffee table, splitting my chin down to the bone. There was blood everywhere and it ended up sparing my siblings and my parents half to death lmao, but I ended up getting it glued shut with no complications. Did leave a nasty scar though.
Despite my numerous dangerous shenanigans, I luckily have yet to suffer any major injuries. My worst was probably when I got an impact fracture on my proximal tibia around two? Three? years back. I was taking a beginner snowboarding class and took a nasty fall to avoid running into someone who has swerved in front of me. So I dove to the side at a decent speed in which my torso + legs rotate and my feet + board didn't go with them looking back now, i'm vvv surprised that the break wasn't worse The fracture itself wasn't bad enough to cause any noticeable damage aside from some slight bruising and some swelling behind my knee, and while it caused me Immense Pain I could still walk on it, so for a while my parents just blew it off as a sprain or something along those lines.

I ended up skiing on it for a week with extreme difficulty, and it wasn't until two weeks after we got back from our ski trip (~3 weeks after the fracture) that my parents finally believed me when I said that it was bad and didn't dismiss me as "faking it" or "overreacting." We went to get an x-ray and lo and behold, I broke my leg lmao. My parents apologized to me for days afterward. Since the break wasn't bad and a decent amount of time had already elapsed since the injury, there wasn't anything to be done; I just got out of gym class for two months and was ordered not to put an unnecessary pressure on it. It gave me horrible, horrible chronic pain for months both while it was healing and afterwards, and sometimes it flares up again even now, years later rip, though the pain isn't nearly as bad.

My second worst was probably when I leaped off a chair and hit my face directly on the corner of a coffee table, splitting my chin down to the bone. There was blood everywhere and it ended up sparing my siblings and my parents half to death lmao, but I ended up getting it glued shut with no complications. Did leave a nasty scar though.
9CxYF0H.png
@Tektite
I can understand being anxious afterwards since I was attacked in the face by a dog early this year (not by a pitbull) it took awhile before I would put my face near a dogs face

other then some paranoia about being in a dark room with dogs and some scars on my face, I still love dogs
@Tektite
I can understand being anxious afterwards since I was attacked in the face by a dog early this year (not by a pitbull) it took awhile before I would put my face near a dogs face

other then some paranoia about being in a dark room with dogs and some scars on my face, I still love dogs
646378xb7pmu4huz.gif
My worst injury was probably when my ear was nearly completely sliced off by a LEGO table because I was TIPPING MY CHAIR.

Remember kids: Don’t tip your chair while you’re sitting in it
My worst injury was probably when my ear was nearly completely sliced off by a LEGO table because I was TIPPING MY CHAIR.

Remember kids: Don’t tip your chair while you’re sitting in it
FR +2
0DPXKcU.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10