Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Coliseum Stalling
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 88 89
I haven't noticed tabbing making much of a difference with mine. 90% of the time I freeze or lag after a bolt attack, the other 10% is probably just right after I click to attack. The attack doesn't go through and it just sits there.

Having multiple FR tabs open sometimes slows the animation speed, but never seems to affect how often I freeze.
I haven't noticed tabbing making much of a difference with mine. 90% of the time I freeze or lag after a bolt attack, the other 10% is probably just right after I click to attack. The attack doesn't go through and it just sits there.

Having multiple FR tabs open sometimes slows the animation speed, but never seems to affect how often I freeze.
Lag has not occurred to me when I move to another tab, though when I check Skype, it stops functioning.

Oddly, after posting here, it stalled only once for me and that is when I cleared two of my dragon's stats and had a different rotation. It lagged when my Liir used meditation, right after Candy used her scratch. After that, I refreshed and had killed 40-50 Luna Mith's in a chain without lagging (which means I've had more or less doubled battles since LM's don't spawn in every one).

It previously stalled about 6 to 7 times before I got frustrated and posted here. I'm not used to it performing poorly and not having continuous critical hits, so my patience was low.

Whether I have 5 tabs open or just the coliseum, it does not matter. The lag previously was happening when I had only the Coliseum open; my latest run had 5 tabs of FR open.

I have yet to clear my cache and try it out. I will do so now and post results later (possibly after another 100 LM kills, haha).
Lag has not occurred to me when I move to another tab, though when I check Skype, it stops functioning.

Oddly, after posting here, it stalled only once for me and that is when I cleared two of my dragon's stats and had a different rotation. It lagged when my Liir used meditation, right after Candy used her scratch. After that, I refreshed and had killed 40-50 Luna Mith's in a chain without lagging (which means I've had more or less doubled battles since LM's don't spawn in every one).

It previously stalled about 6 to 7 times before I got frustrated and posted here. I'm not used to it performing poorly and not having continuous critical hits, so my patience was low.

Whether I have 5 tabs open or just the coliseum, it does not matter. The lag previously was happening when I had only the Coliseum open; my latest run had 5 tabs of FR open.

I have yet to clear my cache and try it out. I will do so now and post results later (possibly after another 100 LM kills, haha).
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-11 10:01:28" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=5&id=17943#43447"]Question for the group: How many of you have noticed this happening while idling mid-battle (maybe going to a different tab during the battle), then coming back to it? Vice versa, how often does it happen if you are playing normally? Additionally, do most of you have multiple tabs of Flight Rising open WHILE battling? Does it improve if you do not? [/quote] I generally have two Flight Rising tabs open. One is the in Coliseum and the other is typically open to the forums. I have notice an increasing in the stall if I switch between tabs during battle. Going to try a couple of battles without tabbing and see what happens.
Question for the group:

How many of you have noticed this happening while idling mid-battle (maybe going to a different tab during the battle), then coming back to it? Vice versa, how often does it happen if you are playing normally? Additionally, do most of you have multiple tabs of Flight Rising open WHILE battling? Does it improve if you do not?

I generally have two Flight Rising tabs open. One is the in Coliseum and the other is typically open to the forums. I have notice an increasing in the stall if I switch between tabs during battle.

Going to try a couple of battles without tabbing and see what happens.
I've had it freeze after a critical hit frequently :/
I've had it freeze after a critical hit frequently :/
tumblr_mpojikJVHJ1qife2bo1_500.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-11 10:01:28" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=5&id=17943#43447"]Question for the group: How many of you have noticed this happening while idling mid-battle (maybe going to a different tab during the battle), then coming back to it? Vice versa, how often does it happen if you are playing normally? Additionally, do most of you have multiple tabs of Flight Rising open WHILE battling? Does it improve if you do not? Also, Coliseum has gone through some pretty major changes in the last week, so it may also be a safe/good idea to give your browser's cache a clear, just to get rid of any weird residual data that might be hanging around. You can find instructions for that here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache Thank you for keeping things constructive and descriptive. We are getting closer and closer to true stability thanks to you![/quote] I usually just have 2 tabs open, FR and one other (usually FB). But I have also had the same issues happen with just FR opened and nothing else going. I haven't noticed much of a difference really. I will re-clear my cache and try again. I just had it lock up on me again for about the 6th time today alone. I will clear cache and get back though if it makes a difference or not.
Question for the group:

How many of you have noticed this happening while idling mid-battle (maybe going to a different tab during the battle), then coming back to it? Vice versa, how often does it happen if you are playing normally? Additionally, do most of you have multiple tabs of Flight Rising open WHILE battling? Does it improve if you do not?

Also, Coliseum has gone through some pretty major changes in the last week, so it may also be a safe/good idea to give your browser's cache a clear, just to get rid of any weird residual data that might be hanging around. You can find instructions for that here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Thank you for keeping things constructive and descriptive. We are getting closer and closer to true stability thanks to you!

I usually just have 2 tabs open, FR and one other (usually FB). But I have also had the same issues happen with just FR opened and nothing else going. I haven't noticed much of a difference really.

I will re-clear my cache and try again. I just had it lock up on me again for about the 6th time today alone. I will clear cache and get back though if it makes a difference or not.
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
Cleared my cache but the stalling has not improved. The first battle into my one tab test run it stalled again at critical hit. Screen cap: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/dragonbaroness/colisuemSnap2_zps6fae4081.png[/img] Seems like the critical hit is what is causing most of my stalls, two more battles with the same results after I posted this. Battle was normal until I landed a crit on the monster, then it stalled. The critical hit did not clear and just stayed on the screen flashing. The options panel did not load. I had to back out and restart the coliseum.
Cleared my cache but the stalling has not improved.

The first battle into my one tab test run it stalled again at critical hit.

Screen cap:
colisuemSnap2_zps6fae4081.png

Seems like the critical hit is what is causing most of my stalls, two more battles with the same results after I posted this.

Battle was normal until I landed a crit on the monster, then it stalled. The critical hit did not clear and just stayed on the screen flashing. The options panel did not load. I had to back out and restart the coliseum.
How many of you have noticed this happening while idling mid-battle (maybe going to a different tab during the battle), then coming back to it? Vice versa, how often does it happen if you are playing normally? Additionally, do most of you have multiple tabs of Flight Rising open WHILE battling? Does it improve if you do not?[/quote]

Well, i can at least battle when i switch from tab to tab. Otherwise the page freezes completly. Sometimes it works - i see when it loads fine - and then i can battle normal. When i see it freezes - i jump from tab to tab.

No, i just have 1 tab open.
How many of you have noticed this happening while idling mid-battle (maybe going to a different tab during the battle), then coming back to it? Vice versa, how often does it happen if you are playing normally? Additionally, do most of you have multiple tabs of Flight Rising open WHILE battling? Does it improve if you do not?[/quote]

Well, i can at least battle when i switch from tab to tab. Otherwise the page freezes completly. Sometimes it works - i see when it loads fine - and then i can battle normal. When i see it freezes - i jump from tab to tab.

No, i just have 1 tab open.
This sometimes happens when i switch tabs, but i don't think those tabs being flightrising tabs makes much of a difference. most of the time i notice it freezing right after selecting an enemy for attack.

edit: there is a trend of this happening in battles that take place after i select "fight on." the battles get slower until they freeze.

edit again to clarify: i'm using chrome on a computer with windows 8. my internet connection is decent and i have a high end gaming laptop, so i don't think it is a problem at the user end, but i could be wrong.
This sometimes happens when i switch tabs, but i don't think those tabs being flightrising tabs makes much of a difference. most of the time i notice it freezing right after selecting an enemy for attack.

edit: there is a trend of this happening in battles that take place after i select "fight on." the battles get slower until they freeze.

edit again to clarify: i'm using chrome on a computer with windows 8. my internet connection is decent and i have a high end gaming laptop, so i don't think it is a problem at the user end, but i could be wrong.
Thieves prosper, rich remember.
Our valiant codesmith Thrage is working on it as I type this. Thanks for your patience folks. In the meantime he teslls me energy drain has been disabled.
Our valiant codesmith Thrage is working on it as I type this. Thanks for your patience folks. In the meantime he teslls me energy drain has been disabled.
Three times in a row now, I've gotten to nearly the end of the fight only for the thing to stall when I choose a magical attack. The "ready" indicator remains, but the options all vanish and rather than attacking, the dragon just sits there. I am using the latest version of Chrome, cookies enabled.
Three times in a row now, I've gotten to nearly the end of the fight only for the thing to stall when I choose a magical attack. The "ready" indicator remains, but the options all vanish and rather than attacking, the dragon just sits there. I am using the latest version of Chrome, cookies enabled.
b9aWflB.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 88 89