Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reconsider revamping the messages
1 2 3
Totally support. This is a big problem especially if you've been on this site for a long time. I've been on this site for a very long time and I have so many messages from people as well as when you got things from the AH from the couriers. Having a nice way to organize would be very nice for my messages.

Also @SkralDrog your forum signature is a big mood lol
Totally support. This is a big problem especially if you've been on this site for a long time. I've been on this site for a very long time and I have so many messages from people as well as when you got things from the AH from the couriers. Having a nice way to organize would be very nice for my messages.

Also @SkralDrog your forum signature is a big mood lol
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
Absolutely support and honestly I think the entire message system is due for a revamp if possible. It just looks confusing and ugly. I wish we had a chat function instead of having to send and get back individual messages each time you want to say a phrase to a player like you're sending letters. Not only would a "conversations" featue instead of individual mail cut down significantly on the inbox clutter, it would also be so much easier to browse through messages and find stuff, not to mention keeping a regular conversation with another user. ALSO it would remove the awful "Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Subject" that inevitably happens and possibly renders the message subject unreadable from the actual inbox lol

Heck, even just having the previous messages in that one reply chain be visible under an expand, so I don't have to keep switching between sent and received mail just to check which comissioner is this again and what were we talking about a week ago and what was the price again??

Don't know how hard that would be to code honestly.
Absolutely support and honestly I think the entire message system is due for a revamp if possible. It just looks confusing and ugly. I wish we had a chat function instead of having to send and get back individual messages each time you want to say a phrase to a player like you're sending letters. Not only would a "conversations" featue instead of individual mail cut down significantly on the inbox clutter, it would also be so much easier to browse through messages and find stuff, not to mention keeping a regular conversation with another user. ALSO it would remove the awful "Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Subject" that inevitably happens and possibly renders the message subject unreadable from the actual inbox lol

Heck, even just having the previous messages in that one reply chain be visible under an expand, so I don't have to keep switching between sent and received mail just to check which comissioner is this again and what were we talking about a week ago and what was the price again??

Don't know how hard that would be to code honestly.
I have 816 pms, didn't even look at my sent messages, and there is no way in hell that I am gonna go and clean up there any time soon.
Support for a more user friendly inbox.

And while we're at it can we please have the option to mark pms as unread or something?
I have 816 pms, didn't even look at my sent messages, and there is no way in hell that I am gonna go and clean up there any time soon.
Support for a more user friendly inbox.

And while we're at it can we please have the option to mark pms as unread or something?
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
I support basically all of this, but there's good news - OP misinterpreted the announcement. There is nothing that says message centre is considered 'finished'. The post only says that the backend refactoring - described as being done to make functional updates easier - is complete.
I support basically all of this, but there's good news - OP misinterpreted the announcement. There is nothing that says message centre is considered 'finished'. The post only says that the backend refactoring - described as being done to make functional updates easier - is complete.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I really wish they would add on a feature for folders. I have messages coming in all the time for all different reasons and each has all different topics... I have a hard time filtering through some because I cannot recall which are inquires, which are casual conversations, which are related to my service, it's exhausting going through them all.

I don't wish to delete some messages I have because I need them to keep track of some of the information within them, and some I need to keep for records or to refer back to in the future.

I wish I could just have folders and even sub folders to sort my messages. I'm tired of the disorganization with messages... I would just do away with them, but not everything is meant for public viewing in the forums.

I hope something gets done with this.
Other websites I've used before have a very simple message system, but also easily added in folders for organization. I hope FR catches on to that bandwagon soon if eventually.
I really wish they would add on a feature for folders. I have messages coming in all the time for all different reasons and each has all different topics... I have a hard time filtering through some because I cannot recall which are inquires, which are casual conversations, which are related to my service, it's exhausting going through them all.

I don't wish to delete some messages I have because I need them to keep track of some of the information within them, and some I need to keep for records or to refer back to in the future.

I wish I could just have folders and even sub folders to sort my messages. I'm tired of the disorganization with messages... I would just do away with them, but not everything is meant for public viewing in the forums.

I hope something gets done with this.
Other websites I've used before have a very simple message system, but also easily added in folders for organization. I hope FR catches on to that bandwagon soon if eventually.
I would also love to be able to separate the messages by user, like how it is in most phones, I have to look through all the messages to try and find something someone sent me and it gets really confusing
I would also love to be able to separate the messages by user, like how it is in most phones, I have to look through all the messages to try and find something someone sent me and it gets really confusing
i support this as well. [quote name="horacesbutt" date="2020-06-24 10:45:18" ] I would also love to be able to separate the messages by user, like how it is in most phones, I have to look through all the messages to try and find something someone sent me and it gets really confusing [/quote] ^ i like this suggestion as well because i have many messages where i go back and forth with another user and seeing all the many Re: (ex. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re) makes me really confused.
i support this as well.
horacesbutt wrote on 2020-06-24 10:45:18:

^ i like this suggestion as well because i have many messages where i go back and forth with another user and seeing all the many Re: (ex. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re) makes me really confused.
DmRdZYl.png
I do agree with this suggestion. Just the starred option would be great for me, but yeah I tend to only comission 1 people at a time just to avoid getting too many messages since it's a hassle
I do agree with this suggestion. Just the starred option would be great for me, but yeah I tend to only comission 1 people at a time just to avoid getting too many messages since it's a hassle
Kasu's previous festival bundles
Kasu's everything shop
I also sell character designs here
Support
Support
I would love something as simple as message chains... or really just about any of the things mentioned. I used to try and delete messages but it got overwhelming. I have 382 in my inbox and 340 sent. It is now just to the point I have given up any hope of it being organized or emptied.
I would love something as simple as message chains... or really just about any of the things mentioned. I used to try and delete messages but it got overwhelming. I have 382 in my inbox and 340 sent. It is now just to the point I have given up any hope of it being organized or emptied.
Stuff will one day go here.
1 2 3