Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragon profiles took ages to load now
1 2
Okay this is not really a bug but it's something me and others noticed and it's honestly a game changer to be bad side.
The issue is not in my side nor in my friend's computers, the pages on this site generally load much slower now. It's annoying because especially after bonding with familiars on dragon's profile, it takes 6 to 10 seconds for the page just to refresh, sometimes it doesn't refresh at all and I have to redirect back to Dragon Lair and click on the dragon again.
Again, this is more of an optimization issue than a bug, but I feel like it's important to point it out as it makes the experience awful at the moment.
Okay this is not really a bug but it's something me and others noticed and it's honestly a game changer to be bad side.
The issue is not in my side nor in my friend's computers, the pages on this site generally load much slower now. It's annoying because especially after bonding with familiars on dragon's profile, it takes 6 to 10 seconds for the page just to refresh, sometimes it doesn't refresh at all and I have to redirect back to Dragon Lair and click on the dragon again.
Again, this is more of an optimization issue than a bug, but I feel like it's important to point it out as it makes the experience awful at the moment.
NRGveTf.pngqD6Z9Xb.png

Li5a5uS.pngNoD0Zes.png
@NoonAlt this is not a bug and not an optimization issue. this is happening because of the unusually heavy site traffic (and the fact that right now a whole lot of the traffic is especially on dragon profiles is not helping either). the loading will get a lot faster once the spike in traffic is gone.
@NoonAlt this is not a bug and not an optimization issue. this is happening because of the unusually heavy site traffic (and the fact that right now a whole lot of the traffic is especially on dragon profiles is not helping either). the loading will get a lot faster once the spike in traffic is gone.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@NoonAlt
This is because of the high traffic the site is experiencing. Normal traffic is around 2.5-2.6k players at a time. For events like the anniversary and start of Night of the Nocturne, these numbers skyrocket and cause the lag you and your friends are experiencing.

The lag should disappear in the next day or two!
@NoonAlt
This is because of the high traffic the site is experiencing. Normal traffic is around 2.5-2.6k players at a time. For events like the anniversary and start of Night of the Nocturne, these numbers skyrocket and cause the lag you and your friends are experiencing.

The lag should disappear in the next day or two!
fo11Vhp.png
This is happening because the servers are experiencing twice as many active users as usual. This lag is typical for large updates such as this one, and it will most likely go back to its normal speeds once the active user count goes back down to its normal levels.
This is happening because the servers are experiencing twice as many active users as usual. This lag is typical for large updates such as this one, and it will most likely go back to its normal speeds once the active user count goes back down to its normal levels.
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
Update: I was told this is because high traffic, but now that traffic is back to the usual, the lag still did not change.
Other pages load normally now (auction house, scrying workshop, etc..) but dragon profiles still take up to 10 or more seconds to load and sometimes don't properly load at all, especially after bonding with a familiar.
I deal with this problem by clicking on familiar, redirecting back to Dragon Lair, clicking on the dragon again and then it loads properly. But I still feel like this should be addressed because I did not have this problem before the update and my computer definitely didn't drop on performance overnight (no windows update neither), plus other websites didn't change their regular loading speed for me.
Update: I was told this is because high traffic, but now that traffic is back to the usual, the lag still did not change.
Other pages load normally now (auction house, scrying workshop, etc..) but dragon profiles still take up to 10 or more seconds to load and sometimes don't properly load at all, especially after bonding with a familiar.
I deal with this problem by clicking on familiar, redirecting back to Dragon Lair, clicking on the dragon again and then it loads properly. But I still feel like this should be addressed because I did not have this problem before the update and my computer definitely didn't drop on performance overnight (no windows update neither), plus other websites didn't change their regular loading speed for me.
NRGveTf.pngqD6Z9Xb.png

Li5a5uS.pngNoD0Zes.png
@NoonAlt

May I ask if this only occurs when viewing your dragons, or if it also occurs when viewing other players' dragons?

Thanks!
@NoonAlt

May I ask if this only occurs when viewing your dragons, or if it also occurs when viewing other players' dragons?

Thanks!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Murton it only seems to occur while bonding with a familiar now. (on my own dragons only) I also should add my browser has no add-ons and doesn't lag on other occasions or different pages.
@Murton it only seems to occur while bonding with a familiar now. (on my own dragons only) I also should add my browser has no add-ons and doesn't lag on other occasions or different pages.
NRGveTf.pngqD6Z9Xb.png

Li5a5uS.pngNoD0Zes.png
I'm having a similar issue with viewing dragons. For me, it apparently only happens with my dragons, not other people's. Similarly to NoonAlt, the lag decreased for me at some point in the past few days, with it taking around 10-30 seconds to load while bonding with familiars and 2-15 when not bonding with familiars. It sucks, but it's already two to three times better than it was when the revamp first launched. I'm definitely not going to be able to bond with all of my familiars anymore though.
I'm having a similar issue with viewing dragons. For me, it apparently only happens with my dragons, not other people's. Similarly to NoonAlt, the lag decreased for me at some point in the past few days, with it taking around 10-30 seconds to load while bonding with familiars and 2-15 when not bonding with familiars. It sucks, but it's already two to three times better than it was when the revamp first launched. I'm definitely not going to be able to bond with all of my familiars anymore though.
demisexual-hearts.png eVePoiw.gifF7794255-4279-4-C5-A-8883-0-E7-D9-C0-DC375.png feather_badge_v1_small.png
I'm having trouble not on the initial view of a profile but after bonding with a familiar. It takes forever for the page to reload. It's extremely frustrating and time consuming. It can take over an hour to get through the familiars I have equipped.

Computer. Windows 10 2004. Firefox 77.0.1.
I'm having trouble not on the initial view of a profile but after bonding with a familiar. It takes forever for the page to reload. It's extremely frustrating and time consuming. It can take over an hour to get through the familiars I have equipped.

Computer. Windows 10 2004. Firefox 77.0.1.
zTsL5fh6.pnghMqHBzkI_o.png
I have this problem as well, both on my laptop and my tablet, and it's only been happening since the anniversary updates. It mainly affects my own lair. When I click on a dragon to bond with the familiar, it loads very slowly and after bonding, it loads alot more slowly than that or sometimes not at all. This is especially true on my tablet, where sometimes I have to click 2 or 3 times to even bond because of loading issues. Most of the time, alot of the background is just white.

It's unfortunate because during the first few days, I chalked it up to the high volume of traffic the site was getting and though it was frustrating, I understood everyone was probably excited and trying to do all the new things. Now it's just kind of annoying because the problem wasn't present before the new features. It takes more time than it used to for bonding, and my lair is small at the moment. I could not imagine the time it takes to go through a larger one for bonding.

Clearing my cache, history and all that does not help, as I do that on a normal daily basis and am still experiencing the issues. Same goes for my tablet.
I have this problem as well, both on my laptop and my tablet, and it's only been happening since the anniversary updates. It mainly affects my own lair. When I click on a dragon to bond with the familiar, it loads very slowly and after bonding, it loads alot more slowly than that or sometimes not at all. This is especially true on my tablet, where sometimes I have to click 2 or 3 times to even bond because of loading issues. Most of the time, alot of the background is just white.

It's unfortunate because during the first few days, I chalked it up to the high volume of traffic the site was getting and though it was frustrating, I understood everyone was probably excited and trying to do all the new things. Now it's just kind of annoying because the problem wasn't present before the new features. It takes more time than it used to for bonding, and my lair is small at the moment. I could not imagine the time it takes to go through a larger one for bonding.

Clearing my cache, history and all that does not help, as I do that on a normal daily basis and am still experiencing the issues. Same goes for my tablet.
tumblr_otxe4lVheo1wwx926o1_1280.jpg
1 2