Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Exalting Page Reset
1 2 3
Weird! Since it's so different for everyone and browser type sounds like it isn't the cause, I have no idea why the redirect is different.
Weird! Since it's so different for everyone and browser type sounds like it isn't the cause, I have no idea why the redirect is different.
5gqCC4H.gif‎‎Please ping me! E718jtQ.gif
Same here, windows 10, chrome. Everything is up-to-date. I actually just posted in the suggestions forum about this, hoping it's a bug and not the new way of doing things.
Same here, windows 10, chrome. Everything is up-to-date. I actually just posted in the suggestions forum about this, hoping it's a bug and not the new way of doing things.
I wanted to test this out. windows 10 chrome 83.0.4103.61 (tho the about chrome page tells me I need to relaunch to complete that update).

Prior to the anniversary (or well on last Saturday(6/6/20) which was the last time I exalted to ice), there were 2 results you could get from exalting depending on which keystrokes you used.

Generally I would hover over the exalt button, click it (or spacebar) then when the exalt/cancel popup appeared click spacebar again. Once you see the exalt payout popup with the close button at bottom, things then branched into 2 result paths,

1. click left or right arrow would move you to next dragon (ie stayed on same exalting tab) or
  2. clicking on close on the popup would move you to page 1 of your lair.

(i mostly stuck to always using left or right arrow to navigate btn dragons because I hate leaving my fodder tab)

today the right and left arrow thing worked between exalts for me same as before. clicking close (which i also tested) moved me back to page 1 (same as before).

so idk if this bug was fixed or if people were double clicking through the okay popup?
I wanted to test this out. windows 10 chrome 83.0.4103.61 (tho the about chrome page tells me I need to relaunch to complete that update).

Prior to the anniversary (or well on last Saturday(6/6/20) which was the last time I exalted to ice), there were 2 results you could get from exalting depending on which keystrokes you used.

Generally I would hover over the exalt button, click it (or spacebar) then when the exalt/cancel popup appeared click spacebar again. Once you see the exalt payout popup with the close button at bottom, things then branched into 2 result paths,

1. click left or right arrow would move you to next dragon (ie stayed on same exalting tab) or
  2. clicking on close on the popup would move you to page 1 of your lair.

(i mostly stuck to always using left or right arrow to navigate btn dragons because I hate leaving my fodder tab)

today the right and left arrow thing worked between exalts for me same as before. clicking close (which i also tested) moved me back to page 1 (same as before).

so idk if this bug was fixed or if people were double clicking through the okay popup?
Even back when I first started playing during the kickstarter early access, and using Win7/Firefox, when I hit close after exalting a dragon it would pop me back on the same page of my lair.

Then when tabs were added and I was using Win7/Vilvaldi(Chromium) it would still put me on the same tab/page when I exalted. This continued even after switching to Win10.

Then today when I exalted it put me on the front page of my default tab.

Having read through the posts and with my own wider range of usage situations, combined with what knowledge of computer programming/web development I've been teaching myself (it is a struggle, but it's definitely fun to learn for me), I feel confident in saying something in the back end coding changed/a bug has revealed itself since the last time I exalted a dragon (day before yesterday, 6/7).
Even back when I first started playing during the kickstarter early access, and using Win7/Firefox, when I hit close after exalting a dragon it would pop me back on the same page of my lair.

Then when tabs were added and I was using Win7/Vilvaldi(Chromium) it would still put me on the same tab/page when I exalted. This continued even after switching to Win10.

Then today when I exalted it put me on the front page of my default tab.

Having read through the posts and with my own wider range of usage situations, combined with what knowledge of computer programming/web development I've been teaching myself (it is a struggle, but it's definitely fun to learn for me), I feel confident in saying something in the back end coding changed/a bug has revealed itself since the last time I exalted a dragon (day before yesterday, 6/7).
@jbapple
I haven't exalted today, so I couldn't tell you if it was or not, but next time I do (I'll try and level 3-4 to test it out), I'll try that and see if it changes anything. Thank you!

@AetheriumAeon
I'm not particularly well-versed by any means in programming or development, but that does sound interesting. Thank you for taking a look into it.
@jbapple
I haven't exalted today, so I couldn't tell you if it was or not, but next time I do (I'll try and level 3-4 to test it out), I'll try that and see if it changes anything. Thank you!

@AetheriumAeon
I'm not particularly well-versed by any means in programming or development, but that does sound interesting. Thank you for taking a look into it.
28259.png
hey!
i'm eddy.
any pronouns
advAsr3.png | +3FR

Ubuntu 18.04.4, Chrome.

I'm also redirected to the first page of my first tab. It is quite inconvenient since I usually exalt in large groups.

(But I do love the update overall - filtering while assigning a familiar makes such a difference!)
Ubuntu 18.04.4, Chrome.

I'm also redirected to the first page of my first tab. It is quite inconvenient since I usually exalt in large groups.

(But I do love the update overall - filtering while assigning a familiar makes such a difference!)
I80GO9S.png
After exalting a dragon, I used to stay on the same lair tab I exalted the dragon from. Today, I get redirected to the first lair tab shown in my lair. This is super annoying. Using Chrome.
After exalting a dragon, I used to stay on the same lair tab I exalted the dragon from. Today, I get redirected to the first lair tab shown in my lair. This is super annoying. Using Chrome.
I ran into this issue too. Before the new profile layout, I'd move to-be-exalted dragons in a specific tab and then just go through that tab to exalt them. Whenever a dragon was exalted and I closed the notification window stating the exalt payout, it would load that same exalting tab and I could directly click on the next dragon to be exalted.

Now, after the layout change, it jumps back to first lair tab. That extra step isn't such a bother if you're only exalting a few dragons, but it certainly is some extra steps I'd rather not have. ;)

I use Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 on Windows 7.
I ran into this issue too. Before the new profile layout, I'd move to-be-exalted dragons in a specific tab and then just go through that tab to exalt them. Whenever a dragon was exalted and I closed the notification window stating the exalt payout, it would load that same exalting tab and I could directly click on the next dragon to be exalted.

Now, after the layout change, it jumps back to first lair tab. That extra step isn't such a bother if you're only exalting a few dragons, but it certainly is some extra steps I'd rather not have. ;)

I use Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 on Windows 7.
samanddean_by_mafiavamp-d99vinn.gif
Thanks for the report @atlanticREM and everyone - especially all the work that has gone into reviewing the original behavior of our “legacy” page.

The team is working on a solution - we plan to bring this into alignment with past behavior in an update coming fairly soon.

Thanks for your patience as we tackle launch bugs and hiccups of all sizes and shapes.
Thanks for the report @atlanticREM and everyone - especially all the work that has gone into reviewing the original behavior of our “legacy” page.

The team is working on a solution - we plan to bring this into alignment with past behavior in an update coming fairly soon.

Thanks for your patience as we tackle launch bugs and hiccups of all sizes and shapes.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora
Oh, okay! Thank you! It's not a horrific ordeal or that big of a hassle to me, so I wish you all good luck attending to things as need be.
@Kaepora
Oh, okay! Thank you! It's not a horrific ordeal or that big of a hassle to me, so I wish you all good luck attending to things as need be.
28259.png
hey!
i'm eddy.
any pronouns
advAsr3.png | +3FR

1 2 3