Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | FP familiars don't appear under NA/NB
1 2
Familiars from the Forbidden Portal aren't appearing under Not Awakened and Not Bonded They're visible under Any: [img]https://i.imgur.com/zOYSjQj.png[/img] But not under Not Awakened: [img]https://i.imgur.com/mr0uGBp.png[/img] And Not Bonded: [img]https://i.imgur.com/rHxB1We.png[/img] Proof I didn't somehow awaken a familiar that's four days old: [img]https://i.imgur.com/L3fnihx.png[/img] Out of curiosity I bonded with the Foolish Prince and put a new familiar on that dragon, then went to change familiars again, and at that point I COULD see the Foolish Prince in Not Awakened Edited because I messed up the images the first time around
Familiars from the Forbidden Portal aren't appearing under Not Awakened and Not Bonded

They're visible under Any:
zOYSjQj.png

But not under Not Awakened:
mr0uGBp.png

And Not Bonded:
rHxB1We.png

Proof I didn't somehow awaken a familiar that's four days old:
L3fnihx.png

Out of curiosity I bonded with the Foolish Prince and put a new familiar on that dragon, then went to change familiars again, and at that point I COULD see the Foolish Prince in Not Awakened

Edited because I messed up the images the first time around
DemiseForAriesOnMars-small-gif.gif
@AriesOnMars

I'm getting no familiars under Not Bonded, including several of my new Fiona ones. Not Awakened seems to show only familiars that have been Bonded but not Awakened. If that's not intentional, then non-bonded familiars aren't showing up anywhere except All.
@AriesOnMars

I'm getting no familiars under Not Bonded, including several of my new Fiona ones. Not Awakened seems to show only familiars that have been Bonded but not Awakened. If that's not intentional, then non-bonded familiars aren't showing up anywhere except All.
windh4.png
I'm seeing the same thing
I'm seeing the same thing
I'm seeing the Teleporting Plainsrunner under Not Awakened, but none of the other unequipped FP familiars I own, strange. Not Bonded Today gives me no Teleporting Plainsrunner (it was a Fiona fam today, so I had bonded with it!), but does give me Barhide Menace, All-Seeing Eye, Lap Pupowl, Starspawn Flyer, Foolish Prince, Mindless Flight, Sanguine Multimist, Void Wyvern, and Tattertail Bilworper. None of whom are showing up under Not Awakened. (They are, obviously, not awakened.)

I'm not sure if this is something I'm missing about the functionality of those categories, but Not Awakened isn't "only the ones bonded with" aside from the FP familiars, as far as I can tell. Not Bonded is just giving me nothing, but there are definitely familiars I haven't even touched that I own, especially the FP familiars I haven't equipped/bonded through Fiona yet.

Tl;dr: same issue as OP, I think, though I'm confused about what it is and whether it's a bug or lack of clarity in functionality (is Not Awakened not meant to be all familiars owned who haven't been Awakened, including familiars with no bonding level at all? that's what I assumed), which is why I'm being so long-winded.
I'm seeing the Teleporting Plainsrunner under Not Awakened, but none of the other unequipped FP familiars I own, strange. Not Bonded Today gives me no Teleporting Plainsrunner (it was a Fiona fam today, so I had bonded with it!), but does give me Barhide Menace, All-Seeing Eye, Lap Pupowl, Starspawn Flyer, Foolish Prince, Mindless Flight, Sanguine Multimist, Void Wyvern, and Tattertail Bilworper. None of whom are showing up under Not Awakened. (They are, obviously, not awakened.)

I'm not sure if this is something I'm missing about the functionality of those categories, but Not Awakened isn't "only the ones bonded with" aside from the FP familiars, as far as I can tell. Not Bonded is just giving me nothing, but there are definitely familiars I haven't even touched that I own, especially the FP familiars I haven't equipped/bonded through Fiona yet.

Tl;dr: same issue as OP, I think, though I'm confused about what it is and whether it's a bug or lack of clarity in functionality (is Not Awakened not meant to be all familiars owned who haven't been Awakened, including familiars with no bonding level at all? that's what I assumed), which is why I'm being so long-winded.
Yeah, I think Not Awakened shows ones that are bonded at least a little but not awakened (that's how it works in the Bestiary filter, anyway), and that looks like it's working fine for me.

Not Bonded keeps not showing anything to me (even though in the Bestiary I have five familiars under the Not Bonded and In Hoard filter that aren't on dragons). Hopefully this will get fixed, it's great functionality otherwise!
Yeah, I think Not Awakened shows ones that are bonded at least a little but not awakened (that's how it works in the Bestiary filter, anyway), and that looks like it's working fine for me.

Not Bonded keeps not showing anything to me (even though in the Bestiary I have five familiars under the Not Bonded and In Hoard filter that aren't on dragons). Hopefully this will get fixed, it's great functionality otherwise!
Okay, was able to double-check with that information and I have 51 familiars showing as Not Bonded in the Bestiary as opposed to… still 0 in the bonding screen. Definitely not just the FP familiars who aren't showing.

You are absolutely right, thank you for clarifying the categories (and what's broken) for me!
Okay, was able to double-check with that information and I have 51 familiars showing as Not Bonded in the Bestiary as opposed to… still 0 in the bonding screen. Definitely not just the FP familiars who aren't showing.

You are absolutely right, thank you for clarifying the categories (and what's broken) for me!
Thanks for the report @AriesOnMars, @WyvernVenom, @nika & @mothscale

A bug caused familiars that had no bonding history at all to be miscategorized. Now that this has been fixed, the issues mentioned above should be resolved as well. Please look, and let me know if you see any other odd filtering results!
Thanks for the report @AriesOnMars, @WyvernVenom, @nika & @mothscale

A bug caused familiars that had no bonding history at all to be miscategorized. Now that this has been fixed, the issues mentioned above should be resolved as well. Please look, and let me know if you see any other odd filtering results!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora Bless you for this! They're all there now, all 51. This is going to make changing familiars so much easier, I'm absolutely thrilled! I'm not seeing any other odd filtering results at first glance; everything else has at least one familiar in the category, at least, and it seems normal to me.
@Kaepora Bless you for this! They're all there now, all 51. This is going to make changing familiars so much easier, I'm absolutely thrilled! I'm not seeing any other odd filtering results at first glance; everything else has at least one familiar in the category, at least, and it seems normal to me.
Yup, looks like it works now!! Thank you so much, that was fast, and the whole feature is extremely helpful (and I hope we get the same kind of search/filter everywhere else on the site after the rewrite!)
Yup, looks like it works now!! Thank you so much, that was fast, and the whole feature is extremely helpful (and I hope we get the same kind of search/filter everywhere else on the site after the rewrite!)
I came here to report the same thing. It looks like there's an extra "you've never bonded with this familiar" category that doesn't get counted in any filters other than the no-filter option of "any". I'd love to have a way to filter for those familiars so they don't get forgotten!

Edit: @Kaepora I just hard refreshed and double checked and they're showing up under Not Awakened now and Not Bonded now! I think I was expecting Bonded and Not Bonded to be about whether I had specifically bonded with them today (and expecting familiars I hadn't bonded with at all to show up under Wary, or some additional category in the Specific Bond Levels group), but this usage also does make sense.
I came here to report the same thing. It looks like there's an extra "you've never bonded with this familiar" category that doesn't get counted in any filters other than the no-filter option of "any". I'd love to have a way to filter for those familiars so they don't get forgotten!

Edit: @Kaepora I just hard refreshed and double checked and they're showing up under Not Awakened now and Not Bonded now! I think I was expecting Bonded and Not Bonded to be about whether I had specifically bonded with them today (and expecting familiars I hadn't bonded with at all to show up under Wary, or some additional category in the Specific Bond Levels group), but this usage also does make sense.
1 2