Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | White bar on scenes in scenic mode
1 2
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284330873124421634/719560696156651530/unknown.png[/img] There's a white bar going down the whole length of the left side of some scenes in scenic mode. So far I've seen it on Autumn, Remembrance, ...the icy one, but not the arcaneish waterfall one. Doesn't seem intentional (and if it is, well... don't like that, sorry).
unknown.png
There's a white bar going down the whole length of the left side of some scenes in scenic mode. So far I've seen it on Autumn, Remembrance, ...the icy one, but not the arcaneish waterfall one. Doesn't seem intentional (and if it is, well... don't like that, sorry).
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Can confirm this is happening to me on Remembrance as well. (Browser: Chrome)
Can confirm this is happening to me on Remembrance as well. (Browser: Chrome)
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
Thanks for the report @Verderagon and @Tserin

We're working on this issue, but have not yet pinpointed why it happens. We haven't actually seen it in person yet, which slows down the process.

We'll post any updates or fixes we find here. In the meantime, please add any additional details you can:
  • What browser (including version) you're using?
  • What device (phone/tablet/laptop/PC) and OS (Mac/Windows)?
  • Is it all scenes for you or only some scenes?
  • Does it change depending on what dragon it's on?

Thank you!
Thanks for the report @Verderagon and @Tserin

We're working on this issue, but have not yet pinpointed why it happens. We haven't actually seen it in person yet, which slows down the process.

We'll post any updates or fixes we find here. In the meantime, please add any additional details you can:
  • What browser (including version) you're using?
  • What device (phone/tablet/laptop/PC) and OS (Mac/Windows)?
  • Is it all scenes for you or only some scenes?
  • Does it change depending on what dragon it's on?

Thank you!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora Did some more digging: Browser: Chrome 883 Device: Surface Pro 6 (Laptop), Windows 10 OS Scenes tested on [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53149252]this dragon[/url]: [LIST] [*]Autumn Clearing [*]Remembrance [*]Rocky Refuge [*]Titan's Fall [*]Shoreline Serenity [*]Foxfire Grove [*]Frostbite Falls [*]Starksand Dunes [/LIST] All have the same white bar on the left. I have been unable to test the baldwin and swipp genes because of how limited they are currently. Further tests on [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60930456]this dragon[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51991396]this dragon[/url] implies that this issue is not dragon or breed specific. Sample image of issue: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/402987266403860482/719599704505188352/download_2.png[/img]
@Kaepora
Did some more digging:
Browser: Chrome 883
Device: Surface Pro 6 (Laptop), Windows 10 OS

Scenes tested on this dragon:
  • Autumn Clearing
  • Remembrance
  • Rocky Refuge
  • Titan's Fall
  • Shoreline Serenity
  • Foxfire Grove
  • Frostbite Falls
  • Starksand Dunes
All have the same white bar on the left. I have been unable to test the baldwin and swipp genes because of how limited they are currently.

Further tests on this dragon and this dragon implies that this issue is not dragon or breed specific.

Sample image of issue:
download_2.png
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
@Kaepora this actually does not seem to be a scenic mode thing at all, and instead they seem to be talking about the image that you get when you press the save button on scenic mode (at least the screenshots match only the generated image, and the generated image is only place where i am seeing the line).

anyways heres my info:
- Opera GX 68.0.3618.142
- pc, windows 10
- seems to be happening with all scenes
- does not seem to depend on dragon
@Kaepora this actually does not seem to be a scenic mode thing at all, and instead they seem to be talking about the image that you get when you press the save button on scenic mode (at least the screenshots match only the generated image, and the generated image is only place where i am seeing the line).

anyways heres my info:
- Opera GX 68.0.3618.142
- pc, windows 10
- seems to be happening with all scenes
- does not seem to depend on dragon
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
happens for me too, firefox 77.01 on a kubuntu 20.04 laptop, after pressing the save button in scenic view

ive only tried it with this dragon and the autumn clearing scene because loading pages is a struggle right now
happens for me too, firefox 77.01 on a kubuntu 20.04 laptop, after pressing the save button in scenic view

ive only tried it with this dragon and the autumn clearing scene because loading pages is a struggle right now
WS4dI9K.png k9EUmvc.png remus
they/xe
fr +9
@Kaepora
Latest version of Opera on Ubuntu 20.04. I only have Remembrance and the treasure MP scenes and can only personally test with those, but it is present with all five of those on all dragons, though as previously stated I have seen one of them generated without the bar (can't grab names right now).
@Kaepora
Latest version of Opera on Ubuntu 20.04. I only have Remembrance and the treasure MP scenes and can only personally test with those, but it is present with all five of those on all dragons, though as previously stated I have seen one of them generated without the bar (can't grab names right now).
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
Happens to me as well, on all dragons with scenes.
I'm using Chrome Version 83.0.4103.61 (64-bit), Windows 10

Some details:
After clicking on "Save" in scenic view, the new tab spins and loads seemingly forever. The url bar always displaying "about:blank". Not sure if this is working as intended.
Right clicking the image with "Save Image as.." doesn't do anything and drag-and-drop to desktop saves an image with this white border.
Happens to me as well, on all dragons with scenes.
I'm using Chrome Version 83.0.4103.61 (64-bit), Windows 10

Some details:
After clicking on "Save" in scenic view, the new tab spins and loads seemingly forever. The url bar always displaying "about:blank". Not sure if this is working as intended.
Right clicking the image with "Save Image as.." doesn't do anything and drag-and-drop to desktop saves an image with this white border.
JdIZ7xK.pngQhJITRJ.gif
@Tserin @Verderagon @Ralzakark @remuslupn @Kelnarlie
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

While we haven't been able to see this on our own testing machines yet, your info and screenshots have lead to a possible guess at the cause.

Please attempt a new image export and reply if the white bar is still there, or if it's been removed.

If it IS still there, please provide a screenshot with the image and one that includes your browser's scroll bar - there's a possibility that the scroll bar itself is shifting everything over a bit.
@Tserin @Verderagon @Ralzakark @remuslupn @Kelnarlie
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

While we haven't been able to see this on our own testing machines yet, your info and screenshots have lead to a possible guess at the cause.

Please attempt a new image export and reply if the white bar is still there, or if it's been removed.

If it IS still there, please provide a screenshot with the image and one that includes your browser's scroll bar - there's a possibility that the scroll bar itself is shifting everything over a bit.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora Looks like it's gone now, thank you! (For what it's worth, when the issue was still there, I had no scrollbar on the page.) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/289298877566287874/719668497076060190/6ue47rYqbXC9enuezf8PnBNci4W9qoUAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/289298877566287874/719668692929216713/unknown.png[/img]
@Kaepora
Looks like it's gone now, thank you! (For what it's worth, when the issue was still there, I had no scrollbar on the page.)

6ue47rYqbXC9enuezf8PnBNci4W9qoUAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
unknown.png
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
1 2