Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 212 213
I love the new additions, but is there anyway that this can be cleaned up a bit so it's not so cluttered? Move apparel and some of the buttons down. Make it so scenic mode can be the permanent setting? Something? The current pages look like they are constantly in edit mode and it's not pleasing to view. The profile/visit page should be nice to look at.

It's like going to an open house but it's constantly in remodel and not finished.
I love the new additions, but is there anyway that this can be cleaned up a bit so it's not so cluttered? Move apparel and some of the buttons down. Make it so scenic mode can be the permanent setting? Something? The current pages look like they are constantly in edit mode and it's not pleasing to view. The profile/visit page should be nice to look at.

It's like going to an open house but it's constantly in remodel and not finished.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="Emylee" date="2020-06-08 13:43:16" ] [quote name="Firtarian" date="2020-06-08 13:37:46" ] Just click on feed and then click one of the food icons in the bottom row. It's selectively feeding by type of food. And now you can feed a single dragon. We still can't select custom groups of dragons to feed though. [/quote] thank you :) I found something in the settings, where you can choose selctive feeding and was able to feed my dragons meat. So it seems you can at least feed the food you want and the dragons being able to eat it, take it? [/quote] Not quite @Emylee Selective Feeding and Single Feeding are two separate actions. Selective Feeding is a setting toggled in Account Settings that lets you feed based on food type across your entire lair. Single Feeding is a button you click within a dragon profile to feed that one dragon, regardless of the type it eats.
Emylee wrote on 2020-06-08 13:43:16:
Firtarian wrote on 2020-06-08 13:37:46:

Just click on feed and then click one of the food icons in the bottom row. It's selectively feeding by type of food. And now you can feed a single dragon. We still can't select custom groups of dragons to feed though.

thank you :)
I found something in the settings, where you can choose selctive feeding and was able to feed my dragons meat. So it seems you can at least feed the food you want and the dragons being able to eat it, take it?
Not quite @Emylee Selective Feeding and Single Feeding are two separate actions. Selective Feeding is a setting toggled in Account Settings that lets you feed based on food type across your entire lair. Single Feeding is a button you click within a dragon profile to feed that one dragon, regardless of the type it eats.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
I do like the familiar names, scenes and such but the new dragon profile layout is so clunky. Like if my dragon doesn’t have a familiar I don’t wanna have to see a big empty box right next to it, same with the extra apparel slots. The dotted line look just makes it worse. Some things don’t need to be so intrusive like the energy and bonding bars. They’d look much better with a thin and minimalist look. Of corse thank you for your hard work in making this site!
I do like the familiar names, scenes and such but the new dragon profile layout is so clunky. Like if my dragon doesn’t have a familiar I don’t wanna have to see a big empty box right next to it, same with the extra apparel slots. The dotted line look just makes it worse. Some things don’t need to be so intrusive like the energy and bonding bars. They’d look much better with a thin and minimalist look. Of corse thank you for your hard work in making this site!
[quote name="Shenzai" date="2020-06-08 13:32:17" ] I made a quick mock-up of what I think could address some of the issues: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7df93864969d6dad84c196727a265eb6/27b422dbdbe7ad89-39/s1280x1920/e580f364fa7383667f5213c79a79a2fb48581c08.png[/img] [/quote] I would switch the Physical Info/Battle Info with the Apparel thing in this try of yours. And minimize the buttons...
Shenzai wrote on 2020-06-08 13:32:17:

I made a quick mock-up of what I think could address some of the issues:

e580f364fa7383667f5213c79a79a2fb48581c08.png

I would switch the Physical Info/Battle Info with the Apparel thing in this try of yours. And minimize the buttons...
oSaCDzd.png
Love the new update!
Love the new update!
Ah yes, attack of the giant buttons. Never feels better then realizing the icons and widgets take half the size of my dragon and draw all the attention away from them. Maybe useful for mobile users but honestly they deserve a proper app to use FR for in general too. [img]https://i.imgur.com/m1JPweG.png[/img]
Ah yes, attack of the giant buttons. Never feels better then realizing the icons and widgets take half the size of my dragon and draw all the attention away from them. Maybe useful for mobile users but honestly they deserve a proper app to use FR for in general too.

m1JPweG.png
I really enjoy the additions of scenes and have been rooting for them to become a thing for years :) and the dragon profile pages are a huge step in the right direction. in the past year or two it really feels like the site is making positive progress forward. there is legit critique in this thread, but also thank you, FR, for the update. the continuous work to make things better is wonderful to see.

opinion edit- why do we have to scroll see to the whole point of dragon breeding, aka the core of Flight Rising, the genes and colors of the dragon? we need to be able to read the physical information of the dragon at a glance.
I really enjoy the additions of scenes and have been rooting for them to become a thing for years :) and the dragon profile pages are a huge step in the right direction. in the past year or two it really feels like the site is making positive progress forward. there is legit critique in this thread, but also thank you, FR, for the update. the continuous work to make things better is wonderful to see.

opinion edit- why do we have to scroll see to the whole point of dragon breeding, aka the core of Flight Rising, the genes and colors of the dragon? we need to be able to read the physical information of the dragon at a glance.
HO7jGPA.png Kookaburra
on Pixpets

4832_1e9d4aab6ad6e40e_I.gif11047_f99b7458f856f2a5_I.gif3926_9be993f525c9c6e9_I.gif17800_2c92a7469c1b3278_I.gif3175_d07d5c3f5cbab53c_I.gif5875_5d1f8496eb6f2897_I.gif8457_4ac4f4ab6c0f9d95_I.gif9030_380187e4ad587cc8_I.gif8066_f262055000960407_I.gif9152_6633c512e23795d8_I.gif
[quote name="Shenzai" date="2020-06-08 13:32:17" ] While the initial shock of seeing the new dragon profile was kinda bad, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. The thing that bothers me the most is the apparel panel next to the dragon, and the buttons right under the dragon feeling too cluttered, which I think is basically what everyone's talking about. I also think that the battle stones on the page are kinda too close to the dragon and draw too much attention. I made a quick mock-up of what I think could address some of the issues: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7df93864969d6dad84c196727a265eb6/27b422dbdbe7ad89-39/s1280x1920/e580f364fa7383667f5213c79a79a2fb48581c08.png[/img] This looks more similar to what it was functionally and also keeps the dragon and familiar on top with more space. Not sure what to do with the buttons under the apparel box though, they should probably be closer to the dragon. Idk, just a quick idea. Aside from this, I love the new features like the scenes, naming familiars, AND THE MORPHOLOGY BUTTON YES [/quote] I honestly think this mockup a lot better. The den as it is at the moment is far too overwhelming and the dragon no longer is the biggest thing on the screen. The familiar IS far to close, so adding some space is much needed. If they allowed us the ability to fully customize what we see on the screen, with hiding/shrinking certain parts, I would have no issue. Your mockup is far sleeker and much easier to look at in my opinion.
Shenzai wrote on 2020-06-08 13:32:17:
While the initial shock of seeing the new dragon profile was kinda bad, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.

The thing that bothers me the most is the apparel panel next to the dragon, and the buttons right under the dragon feeling too cluttered, which I think is basically what everyone's talking about. I also think that the battle stones on the page are kinda too close to the dragon and draw too much attention. I made a quick mock-up of what I think could address some of the issues:

e580f364fa7383667f5213c79a79a2fb48581c08.png

This looks more similar to what it was functionally and also keeps the dragon and familiar on top with more space. Not sure what to do with the buttons under the apparel box though, they should probably be closer to the dragon.

Idk, just a quick idea.

Aside from this, I love the new features like the scenes, naming familiars, AND THE MORPHOLOGY BUTTON YES

I honestly think this mockup a lot better. The den as it is at the moment is far too overwhelming and the dragon no longer is the biggest thing on the screen. The familiar IS far to close, so adding some space is much needed.

If they allowed us the ability to fully customize what we see on the screen, with hiding/shrinking certain parts, I would have no issue. Your mockup is far sleeker and much easier to look at in my opinion.
This is actually rlly nice. It'll take a tiny bit of time to get used to the new layout but otherwise I love the scenes feature, the revamping of the skin and apparel stuff, and the ability to name familiars! I do agree with others though that the layout itself is a little chunky and doesn't put as much focus on the dragon as it should, but otherwise it's cool
This is actually rlly nice. It'll take a tiny bit of time to get used to the new layout but otherwise I love the scenes feature, the revamping of the skin and apparel stuff, and the ability to name familiars! I do agree with others though that the layout itself is a little chunky and doesn't put as much focus on the dragon as it should, but otherwise it's cool
I love everything about this !
I love everything about this !
qZ7AMuJ.png

Custom Moodboards
Great quality and image sources!

qZ7AMuJ.png
1 2 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 212 213