Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 212 213
May it's been asked before, but:
if you assign a vista to a dragon's bio that you have, then trade said dragon to a user who doesn't - what happens then?

will it stick, or do visas on dragons get wiped upon trading?
Thanks for the update by the way, and happy birthday to us
May it's been asked before, but:
if you assign a vista to a dragon's bio that you have, then trade said dragon to a user who doesn't - what happens then?

will it stick, or do visas on dragons get wiped upon trading?
Thanks for the update by the way, and happy birthday to us
cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
Wow... The thread's pretty active, and many are sharing tons of feedback. I would suggest to post in the suggestions forum, too, since the critism is valid. Ima share my feedback now (haven't done that in a while, strangely).

I do agree with the point that apparel should not be in the top left space, though having it somewhere on the dragon's profile page is good enough. It's nice to list all the apparel, especially that some apparel are hard to see due to layering problems. I guess it's more of a reference thing, like if you like how a certain piece fits, you could find out its name quickly. Tbh, the "top row" with the apparel list, dragon, and familiar seem a bit cluttered. If the apparel list was moved, the dragon and familiar can have more spacing.

I can't believe we can name familiars... I have a hard time naming dragons most of the time (I still have quite a few unnamed dragons), so that'll be a bigger problem for me. I haven't even got my lore together yet...

I kinda like the battlestone and stats view, so I don't need to go to the Coliseum to see the stats. I think it serves as a reference thing, since you'll have to go to the Coli to make changes. Or you can look at other people's dragons' stats and stones and comment on it...?

Scenes are nice, though I don't know how many I'll use. At least they're available in both marketplaces, Swipp's, and Baldwin's. I saw a suggestion for adding custom scenes, which would futher showcase more art skills and creativity. Oh, and the picture frame could be a new icon. The cost isn't too bad (50kt or 200g), since they're much cheaper than vistas, probably because they can only be used on one dragon at a time.

The vistas are an interesting option, though I haven't decided if I'll be doing fully formatted bios (full width) or not. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't got my lore yet, so bio formatting will be something in the future. At least I can use any vista I have, for as many dragons as I want.

I'm not too fond of the liking dragons thing, but hopefully we can get alerts for that. I guess some dragons would be "liked" more than others, though at least it helps with telling which ones are well "designed" in terms of genes and apparel.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the alerts (warning) icon is replaced by a bell.
Wow... The thread's pretty active, and many are sharing tons of feedback. I would suggest to post in the suggestions forum, too, since the critism is valid. Ima share my feedback now (haven't done that in a while, strangely).

I do agree with the point that apparel should not be in the top left space, though having it somewhere on the dragon's profile page is good enough. It's nice to list all the apparel, especially that some apparel are hard to see due to layering problems. I guess it's more of a reference thing, like if you like how a certain piece fits, you could find out its name quickly. Tbh, the "top row" with the apparel list, dragon, and familiar seem a bit cluttered. If the apparel list was moved, the dragon and familiar can have more spacing.

I can't believe we can name familiars... I have a hard time naming dragons most of the time (I still have quite a few unnamed dragons), so that'll be a bigger problem for me. I haven't even got my lore together yet...

I kinda like the battlestone and stats view, so I don't need to go to the Coliseum to see the stats. I think it serves as a reference thing, since you'll have to go to the Coli to make changes. Or you can look at other people's dragons' stats and stones and comment on it...?

Scenes are nice, though I don't know how many I'll use. At least they're available in both marketplaces, Swipp's, and Baldwin's. I saw a suggestion for adding custom scenes, which would futher showcase more art skills and creativity. Oh, and the picture frame could be a new icon. The cost isn't too bad (50kt or 200g), since they're much cheaper than vistas, probably because they can only be used on one dragon at a time.

The vistas are an interesting option, though I haven't decided if I'll be doing fully formatted bios (full width) or not. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't got my lore yet, so bio formatting will be something in the future. At least I can use any vista I have, for as many dragons as I want.

I'm not too fond of the liking dragons thing, but hopefully we can get alerts for that. I guess some dragons would be "liked" more than others, though at least it helps with telling which ones are well "designed" in terms of genes and apparel.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the alerts (warning) icon is replaced by a bell.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
I just adore the new update!

Can't wait to play around with the new settings and hope we get some kind of custom Vista like skins/accents (wishful thinking, I know.)

Ability to hide offspring list with a vista? ^^;
I just adore the new update!

Can't wait to play around with the new settings and hope we get some kind of custom Vista like skins/accents (wishful thinking, I know.)

Ability to hide offspring list with a vista? ^^;
B6-D49277-C650-41-E8-A1-CF-116-C1-B71-F845.png
[quote name="Pups" date="2020-06-08 13:13:12" ] The more I look the more I agree that the familiars just seem to take up too much space now. Theyre almost the size of my dragon, which just doesnt feel right! [/quote] Hi @Pups, familiar sizes have not changed. They're the same size they were prior to the revamp, they just aren't boxed in.
Pups wrote on 2020-06-08 13:13:12:
The more I look the more I agree that the familiars just seem to take up too much space now. Theyre almost the size of my dragon, which just doesnt feel right!

Hi @Pups, familiar sizes have not changed. They're the same size they were prior to the revamp, they just aren't boxed in.
This update is okay, but I do gotta say how cluttered the dragon section at the top is now if your dragon has a lot of apparel and how empty it looks if you don't have anything equipped to them, familiar or otherwise. I wish the dragon's info was where the apparel is. This mockup I see around is what I mean. SO MUCH BETTER. Also, I don't familiar match since I mostly just use them for bond farming chests, so the familiar being all front and center is also annoying, but whatever...

Also, I don't like the "Like" function; wish I could turn it off. I don't want to see people nagging others to use it now that it isn't tied to social media like before, and I don't care at all if people like my dragons. I guess I can hide it with CSS...

Single feeding would be great if I didn't care about energy bonuses, which I just happened to lose since I haven't been on that much lately.

Anyway, nice to get some updates on the bio section. I never cared about the scene function on other sites, and I still don't care about it here; just seems like more clutter to me, but I know many others like it. I'm just glad this anniversary didn't force a stupid new mechanic on us XD
This update is okay, but I do gotta say how cluttered the dragon section at the top is now if your dragon has a lot of apparel and how empty it looks if you don't have anything equipped to them, familiar or otherwise. I wish the dragon's info was where the apparel is. This mockup I see around is what I mean. SO MUCH BETTER. Also, I don't familiar match since I mostly just use them for bond farming chests, so the familiar being all front and center is also annoying, but whatever...

Also, I don't like the "Like" function; wish I could turn it off. I don't want to see people nagging others to use it now that it isn't tied to social media like before, and I don't care at all if people like my dragons. I guess I can hide it with CSS...

Single feeding would be great if I didn't care about energy bonuses, which I just happened to lose since I haven't been on that much lately.

Anyway, nice to get some updates on the bio section. I never cared about the scene function on other sites, and I still don't care about it here; just seems like more clutter to me, but I know many others like it. I'm just glad this anniversary didn't force a stupid new mechanic on us XD
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
[quote name="FlamingCatz" date="2020-06-08 12:52:48" ] [quote name="ArchangelBeth" date="2020-06-08 12:33:48" ] [quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 06:59:08" ] last edit, finally: Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2870775/1#post_43579784]here[/url] that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved. [/quote] Yes, please, this. That's a mockup I can live with. The current status is... I mean, as said -- you can [i]see[/i] what a dragon is wearing. The apparel does not need to be up there lookin' ugly with empty boxes. [/quote] I agree! I like, love, or can live with most of the changes but hate those apparel boxes front and center cluttering up my screen. They are so ugly and distracting. Love the mock up posted above though. I find the layout in it much more visually appealing and less cluttered feeling. Also could we have two back buttons for the customization pages in case we want to go back to the menu page instead of all the way back to the dragon's profile? [/quote] This, yes. I'm still iffy abt the whole thing and think the old one was way cleaner and more polished, but if we gotta get used to the new one, I'd much rather get used to this version above.
FlamingCatz wrote on 2020-06-08 12:52:48:
ArchangelBeth wrote on 2020-06-08 12:33:48:
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 06:59:08:
last edit, finally:
Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup here that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved.

Yes, please, this. That's a mockup I can live with. The current status is... I mean, as said -- you can see what a dragon is wearing. The apparel does not need to be up there lookin' ugly with empty boxes.

I agree! I like, love, or can live with most of the changes but hate those apparel boxes front and center cluttering up my screen. They are so ugly and distracting. Love the mock up posted above though. I find the layout in it much more visually appealing and less cluttered feeling. Also could we have two back buttons for the customization pages in case we want to go back to the menu page instead of all the way back to the dragon's profile?

This, yes. I'm still iffy abt the whole thing and think the old one was way cleaner and more polished, but if we gotta get used to the new one, I'd much rather get used to this version above.
he/they

adult
eng/hun
Encapsulated Mist
Now the night is coming to an end.
The sun will rise,
and we will try again.
Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
Bottled Bones
[quote name="Hiriajuu" date="2020-06-08 13:12:01" ] [quote name="pendulumstar" date="2020-06-08 12:20:26" ] The idea is nice! But this is an ADHD nightmare for me. It's like I'm constantly in edit mode and it's bothering me. Ironically, everything feels more cluttered. [/quote] I feel you so hard on that... 'Great idea, not ideal execution.' :// [/quote] Same here. "Amazing idea, but not-so-amazing execution." Yes, I see that, too.
Hiriajuu wrote on 2020-06-08 13:12:01:
pendulumstar wrote on 2020-06-08 12:20:26:
The idea is nice! But this is an ADHD nightmare for me. It's like I'm constantly in edit mode and it's bothering me. Ironically, everything feels more cluttered.

I feel you so hard on that... 'Great idea, not ideal execution.' ://
Same here.

"Amazing idea, but not-so-amazing execution." Yes, I see that, too.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
Happy Anniversary!!! <3
Happy Anniversary!!! <3
UFhZdZT.pngfJvgA2F.pngdFNVkyi.pngfJvgA2F.pngQ2cC3z4.png
Single feeding is all ive ever wanted ty
Single feeding is all ive ever wanted ty
30286239.png57443021.png74476387.png66128842.png
Happy anniversary! I'm loving this so much, the new profiles are sick!
Happy anniversary! I'm loving this so much, the new profiles are sick!
1 2 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 212 213