Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A letter from Akiri
Let’s start with this: Black lives matter. Five years ago I made a private personal post on social media because I was angry and grieving the loss of 4 Black officers who were murdered while serving their community and country. I understand that the wording of my statements without knowing me or the rest of the conversation would cause worry, especially given the history of institutional racism and policing. I realize these words were careless and when taken in context with my profession and position, harmful. I apologize for the pain my carelessness caused. When these posts were brought up previously, I was unable to make any statement about it as I was not the spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office and the post was now in the public. I no longer work for the Sheriff’s Office so I am free to address this matter now with my own words as a private citizen. I’m grateful for this opportunity to address these statements and to hopefully relieve the Flight Rising community of any doubts or concerns on this issue. Going forward, I will continue standing with every Black American in the fight against racism, and keep Flight Rising an environment where equality is not only expected - it’s required. I want to take this moment to reassure you and tell you unequivocally where I stand and why I entered law enforcement. I despise bullies. I despise bullies no matter who is doing it to who. But there is one type of bully that is much more egregious than others. That bully is the person who was entrusted with the responsibility of protecting their community with government force who turns that power against the community. It is the most despicable and disgusting betrayal. I became a Deputy Sheriff to protect people and save lives. I believe someone must be willing to stand between evil and those who cannot protect themselves. It hurts me to see people die who stood up to protect the defenseless. But, it hurts me even more to see those same people turn on the community or be deaf to their cries for help. I watched as a thug wearing a badge pinned a dying man on the ground and ignored his pleas for help. George Floyd died on that street, his life seized by government power wielded by a man who broke his oath. We can do better and we MUST do better. But, as you know, talk is cheap. I want to personally effect change; so here’s the receipts: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/receipt.png[/img] Campaign Zero is a project focused on reducing use of force by police in the United States. They focus on the scientific data involved in the application of police use of force and use it to lobby for effective reform. One of their goals is to change the terms in police union contracts that protect officers who have broken their oath and no longer serve the community. They also aim to change use of force standards for United States Police to match international standards. Another important goal of theirs is to have asset forfeiture require a criminal conviction so funds are not being seized on the assumption of a crime. [url=https://www.joincampaignzero.org/]https://www.joincampaignzero.org/[/url]
Let’s start with this: Black lives matter.

Five years ago I made a private personal post on social media because I was angry and grieving the loss of 4 Black officers who were murdered while serving their community and country. I understand that the wording of my statements without knowing me or the rest of the conversation would cause worry, especially given the history of institutional racism and policing. I realize these words were careless and when taken in context with my profession and position, harmful. I apologize for the pain my carelessness caused.

When these posts were brought up previously, I was unable to make any statement about it as I was not the spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office and the post was now in the public. I no longer work for the Sheriff’s Office so I am free to address this matter now with my own words as a private citizen. I’m grateful for this opportunity to address these statements and to hopefully relieve the Flight Rising community of any doubts or concerns on this issue. Going forward, I will continue standing with every Black American in the fight against racism, and keep Flight Rising an environment where equality is not only expected - it’s required.

I want to take this moment to reassure you and tell you unequivocally where I stand and why I entered law enforcement.

I despise bullies. I despise bullies no matter who is doing it to who. But there is one type of bully that is much more egregious than others. That bully is the person who was entrusted with the responsibility of protecting their community with government force who turns that power against the community. It is the most despicable and disgusting betrayal. I became a Deputy Sheriff to protect people and save lives. I believe someone must be willing to stand between evil and those who cannot protect themselves. It hurts me to see people die who stood up to protect the defenseless. But, it hurts me even more to see those same people turn on the community or be deaf to their cries for help. I watched as a thug wearing a badge pinned a dying man on the ground and ignored his pleas for help. George Floyd died on that street, his life seized by government power wielded by a man who broke his oath. We can do better and we MUST do better. But, as you know, talk is cheap. I want to personally effect change; so here’s the receipts:

receipt.png

Campaign Zero is a project focused on reducing use of force by police in the United States. They focus on the scientific data involved in the application of police use of force and use it to lobby for effective reform. One of their goals is to change the terms in police union contracts that protect officers who have broken their oath and no longer serve the community. They also aim to change use of force standards for United States Police to match international standards. Another important goal of theirs is to have asset forfeiture require a criminal conviction so funds are not being seized on the assumption of a crime.
https://www.joincampaignzero.org/
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
If you have any comments, questions, or feedback please send us a message using your registered email address through Contact Us. We do not allow discussion of our team members on the website as this is our virtual workspace. Thank you for understanding.
If you have any comments, questions, or feedback please send us a message using your registered email address through Contact Us. We do not allow discussion of our team members on the website as this is our virtual workspace. Thank you for understanding.