Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
@WolfTears literally all i said was don't be dismissive, also people have been begging for pages to stop arguing publicly. its a little too late to go back and clarify now that i have a response but all i was trying to get at is WHY people have gotten to this state.
@WolfTears literally all i said was don't be dismissive, also people have been begging for pages to stop arguing publicly. its a little too late to go back and clarify now that i have a response but all i was trying to get at is WHY people have gotten to this state.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote]I think the conversation should be diverted away from cops since it seems people are misunderstanding a lot of things.[/quote] Please.. i'd truly like this thread to stay up a bit while longer.
Quote:
I think the conversation should be diverted away from cops since it seems people are misunderstanding a lot of things.

Please.. i'd truly like this thread to stay up a bit while longer.
[quote name="WolfTears" date="2020-06-03 20:36:27" ] [quote name="umbrishadow" date="2020-06-03 19:16:16" ] all cops are bad. even the nice ones. cops are legal murderers, and that isn't right. no one should be above others, and that's what cops are. they get to choose who lives and who dies. all cops are bad. all of them. [/quote] @/ [center]Whoa there, that is out of line. That is no different than racism.[/center] [/quote] That is the most ignorant thing I’ve read in a long time. It is nothing like racism to judge someone who is part of the organization that regularly abuse their power, specifically over PoC and specifically [b]right now[/b]. I can’t believe you would defend the people who are shooting children, who are gassing medics, who are running trucks and horse over people. They have earned this hostility ten times over and it’s disrespectful to every black man, woman, and child hurt and killed by cops to claim that ACAB is “no different than racism”.
WolfTears wrote on 2020-06-03 20:36:27:
umbrishadow wrote on 2020-06-03 19:16:16:
all cops are bad. even the nice ones. cops are legal murderers, and that isn't right. no one should be above others, and that's what cops are. they get to choose who lives and who dies.

all cops are bad. all of them.
@/
Whoa there, that is out of line. That is no different than racism.

That is the most ignorant thing I’ve read in a long time. It is nothing like racism to judge someone who is part of the organization that regularly abuse their power, specifically over PoC and specifically right now.

I can’t believe you would defend the people who are shooting children, who are gassing medics, who are running trucks and horse over people. They have earned this hostility ten times over and it’s disrespectful to every black man, woman, and child hurt and killed by cops to claim that ACAB is “no different than racism”.
sBdLZtA.png
@WolfTears

A dog isn't a person with a value of human life whose job is to protect and serve people, who have the capability of abusing a system of power to put down minorities. A dog isn't thinking about how it's use of power establishes a precedent and have the ability to understand that killing is wrong.

Cmon man

I'm not really out here toting ACAB because I think that oversimplifies the issue and doesn't offer an avenue with which to fix the system, but, like, the policing institution is a method which with officers gain the ability to have a dangerous power dynamic over citizens. ACAB isn't a statement at individuals, it's about the system.
@WolfTears

A dog isn't a person with a value of human life whose job is to protect and serve people, who have the capability of abusing a system of power to put down minorities. A dog isn't thinking about how it's use of power establishes a precedent and have the ability to understand that killing is wrong.

Cmon man

I'm not really out here toting ACAB because I think that oversimplifies the issue and doesn't offer an avenue with which to fix the system, but, like, the policing institution is a method which with officers gain the ability to have a dangerous power dynamic over citizens. ACAB isn't a statement at individuals, it's about the system.
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
[quote name="WolfTears" date="2020-06-03 20:46:44" ] @voidbeast Some people have trauma from being bitten by a dog when they were a child. Does that give them the right to say "all dogs are bad" and say they are "monsters" and should be put down? I think not. Discrimination against anyone is wrong. Period. [/quote] dogs do not hold societal power over anyone, dogs do not choose to be dogs and cannot stop being dogs. dog bites are not the result of systemic violence against marginalized communities. other people have said it better than i have in the thread, but deciding which cops are “good” is derailing the discussion.
WolfTears wrote on 2020-06-03 20:46:44:
@voidbeast

Some people have trauma from being bitten by a dog when they were a child. Does that give them the right to say "all dogs are bad" and say they are "monsters" and should be put down?

I think not. Discrimination against anyone is wrong. Period.

dogs do not hold societal power over anyone, dogs do not choose to be dogs and cannot stop being dogs. dog bites are not the result of systemic violence against marginalized communities. other people have said it better than i have in the thread, but deciding which cops are “good” is derailing the discussion.
call me cactus.
fr +3
Okay.

Tensions are running high right now, and people are straying off topic and venturing into personal attacks.

This is obviously an important subject, but right now people should probably take the night off; back away, and wind down a little.

Staff will likely unlock/add to this thread in the morning.

Be safe and good night.
Okay.

Tensions are running high right now, and people are straying off topic and venturing into personal attacks.

This is obviously an important subject, but right now people should probably take the night off; back away, and wind down a little.

Staff will likely unlock/add to this thread in the morning.

Be safe and good night.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
Hi everyone. First, we're not removing the thread. We are leaving it locked. Not because of politics—Black Lives Matter is a human rights movement—but because this topic and discussion is one we're simply not equipped to moderate. We're a video game website and forum.

A couple things I want to note going forward:

1. "All Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" were created in an attempt to politicize, dismiss, and ultimately erase the human rights movement of Black Lives Matter. Any content posted on our website pertaining to these statements will be removed, either under politics or harassment based on context, severity, and intent as we recognize not everyone knows or is aware of this fact.

2. We respectfully request that players refrain from posting the more inflammatory statements and rhetoric associated with current events on our site. We are still a game website and forum.

3. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to send us a message through Contact Us. Even if we're unable to provide you with a personalized reply, it will be read and documented by the Flight Rising team.

Hi everyone. First, we're not removing the thread. We are leaving it locked. Not because of politics—Black Lives Matter is a human rights movement—but because this topic and discussion is one we're simply not equipped to moderate. We're a video game website and forum.

A couple things I want to note going forward:

1. "All Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" were created in an attempt to politicize, dismiss, and ultimately erase the human rights movement of Black Lives Matter. Any content posted on our website pertaining to these statements will be removed, either under politics or harassment based on context, severity, and intent as we recognize not everyone knows or is aware of this fact.

2. We respectfully request that players refrain from posting the more inflammatory statements and rhetoric associated with current events on our site. We are still a game website and forum.

3. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to send us a message through Contact Us. Even if we're unable to provide you with a personalized reply, it will be read and documented by the Flight Rising team.

1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43