Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42 43
just popping in to thank the staff! all of this has been really depressing, especially the last few days (there have been riots in my city and a curfew was enacted). thank you for being frank with us, and making it clear that you will not tolerate racism here. i appreciate that you guys addressed the issue in a manner that was direct and made your stance clear. also, kudos for including links!
just popping in to thank the staff! all of this has been really depressing, especially the last few days (there have been riots in my city and a curfew was enacted). thank you for being frank with us, and making it clear that you will not tolerate racism here. i appreciate that you guys addressed the issue in a manner that was direct and made your stance clear. also, kudos for including links!
trilo
she/her
[font=American Gothic]@ Staff [emoji=regeneration size=1] Thank you so, so much for this statement! It's so important you guys actively explained without all that vague language so many other companies are doing. Thank you so much for actually making a statement when so many games are just trying to ignore it completely. Thank you so much for saying Black Lives Matter and telling white supremacists and racists that [i]they are [b]not[/b] allowed here. [/I] Thank you so much for giving options on how to help. Honestly, just, [i]thank you[/i] for creating a place where we all can feel like we can be safe and talk about dragons. Please stay safe. Please keep fighting. [i]Please don't forget. [/i]
@ Staff

Thank you so, so much for this statement!

It's so important you guys actively explained without all that vague language so many other companies are doing. Thank you so much for actually making a statement when so many games are just trying to ignore it completely. Thank you so much for saying Black Lives Matter and telling white supremacists and racists that they are not allowed here. Thank you so much for giving options on how to help.

Honestly, just, thank you for creating a place where we all can feel like we can be safe and talk about dragons.

Please stay safe.

Please keep fighting.

Please don't forget.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
I'm not sure if I should mention this here, or in a Suggestion Thread.

I noticed that the community letter is stored in the Encyclopedia section of Flight Rising. However if you go to the Encyclopedia page, there's no way to access the letter from there.

I worry that with time, that letter might end up getting lost as things are added.

I think that the letter should have a permanent link somewhere in the Encyclopedia page.

Thank you staff, for writing such a wonderful message.
I'm not sure if I should mention this here, or in a Suggestion Thread.

I noticed that the community letter is stored in the Encyclopedia section of Flight Rising. However if you go to the Encyclopedia page, there's no way to access the letter from there.

I worry that with time, that letter might end up getting lost as things are added.

I think that the letter should have a permanent link somewhere in the Encyclopedia page.

Thank you staff, for writing such a wonderful message.
They put a lot of thought into this. They made their letter actionable, even though they could have left it at "Due to Floyd's death and our site rules, we will just be having a low-key site event, where we release the items and features but do nothing else. Thank you for your understanding." Their addition of what we can do shows they empathize with the feeling of helplessness many feel. Their words help.
They put a lot of thought into this. They made their letter actionable, even though they could have left it at "Due to Floyd's death and our site rules, we will just be having a low-key site event, where we release the items and features but do nothing else. Thank you for your understanding." Their addition of what we can do shows they empathize with the feeling of helplessness many feel. Their words help.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
Wow, did not expect FR to take such a definitive strong stance on Black Lives Matter but THANK YOU for doing so.

Wow, did not expect FR to take such a definitive strong stance on Black Lives Matter but THANK YOU for doing so.

30oPYgq.png
THANK YOU FLIGHT RISING!!!

I honestly felt a little uncomfortable by the silence at first, as I didn't see any discussions. I've gotten into disagreements with others on this game about rights, and there were far more many people who chimed in that they rather ""politics"" be left off the site (this was about LGBT rep surprisingly. Something as simple as item recolors)

I understand this game is an "escape" for many, but although this is a game about dragons - there are real people behind the screens. Real people who matter and need help.

Thank you for making a stance and telling people they aren't welcome here if they disagree.
THANK YOU FLIGHT RISING!!!

I honestly felt a little uncomfortable by the silence at first, as I didn't see any discussions. I've gotten into disagreements with others on this game about rights, and there were far more many people who chimed in that they rather ""politics"" be left off the site (this was about LGBT rep surprisingly. Something as simple as item recolors)

I understand this game is an "escape" for many, but although this is a game about dragons - there are real people behind the screens. Real people who matter and need help.

Thank you for making a stance and telling people they aren't welcome here if they disagree.
output_43i3Yr.gif
Really, really proud of the staff right now. Taking a hard stance is what NEEDS to happen, and there can be no backing down to people who complain about it. This is a matter, for a huge portion of people, of literal life and death. No excuses.
Really, really proud of the staff right now. Taking a hard stance is what NEEDS to happen, and there can be no backing down to people who complain about it. This is a matter, for a huge portion of people, of literal life and death. No excuses.
It's nice to know that while they're so often silent about social issues that they are willing to speak up for BLM. It's given my more respect for them.
It's nice to know that while they're so often silent about social issues that they are willing to speak up for BLM. It's given my more respect for them.
In terms of using FR to "escape," I'm actually happier now that admin put out this statement than I was before! Now when Everything Is Happening Too Much on social media/the news/family groupchats, it's going to be extra nice to come play pixel dragons, while also knowing that admin is good people.

I've gotten enough whiplash this past week from family members on facebook who I *thought* were decent people and am now finding out that no, nope, they are not.

Now, at least I know I can safely login to dragon neopets and not be greeted by a "well actually all lives......." screed.

And THAT is going to make "escaping" to FR even nicer.
In terms of using FR to "escape," I'm actually happier now that admin put out this statement than I was before! Now when Everything Is Happening Too Much on social media/the news/family groupchats, it's going to be extra nice to come play pixel dragons, while also knowing that admin is good people.

I've gotten enough whiplash this past week from family members on facebook who I *thought* were decent people and am now finding out that no, nope, they are not.

Now, at least I know I can safely login to dragon neopets and not be greeted by a "well actually all lives......." screed.

And THAT is going to make "escaping" to FR even nicer.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="Lobbyns" date="2020-06-03 16:23:26" ] So, now it's an american political pet site. I could understand mention of Covid-19, but never americentrism. [/quote] It's neither solely american, nor political. Human [i]lives[/i] are not a political statement. Racism exists [i]everywhere[/i]. (unfortunately)
Lobbyns wrote on 2020-06-03 16:23:26:
So, now it's an american political pet site. I could understand mention of Covid-19, but never americentrism.
It's neither solely american, nor political.
Human lives are not a political statement.
Racism exists everywhere. (unfortunately)
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42 43