Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42 43
100% behind the staff, reading it made me tear up because of how considerate and thoughtful it was.
100% behind the staff, reading it made me tear up because of how considerate and thoughtful it was.
3Lr6Rsp.png
Thank you so much for making this statement, FR. Honestly didn't expect staff to step up and say anything, especially something as strong and comforting as showing people the door if they don't agree. It's a welcome surprise, and I can't fully express how much I appreciate the announcement. Black lives matter. Always. [emoji=heart]
Thank you so much for making this statement, FR. Honestly didn't expect staff to step up and say anything, especially something as strong and comforting as showing people the door if they don't agree. It's a welcome surprise, and I can't fully express how much I appreciate the announcement.

Black lives matter. Always.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
This is great, excellently handled! Didn't expect a statement but. Pleasant surprise I guess! Shoutout to staff for telling racists to get the **** off of our petsite
This is great, excellently handled! Didn't expect a statement but. Pleasant surprise I guess! Shoutout to staff for telling racists to get the **** off of our petsite
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
I'm glad they've taken a strong stance. All of this is tiring, and scary, but it's the right thing to do. As someone mentioned earlier, donating gem profits to some extent would be a nice touch.
I'm glad they've taken a strong stance. All of this is tiring, and scary, but it's the right thing to do. As someone mentioned earlier, donating gem profits to some extent would be a nice touch.
100% support the statement, I'm very grateful that the staff didn't shy away from taking a powerful, definitive stance. It means more than I can express.

I'm probably not allowed to be specific on the forums, so I'll just hint that maybe I live in a city at the heart of the current movement. The local community has come together in an incredible, awe inspiring way to support each other and the movement in the aftermath, and it really means a lot to me to see an online community like FR offer support as well.

To the people who want FR to be a 100% neutral and an full escape from reality, just know that for minorities it's never possible to enjoy something that is fully and wholly an escape from reality. Their lived reality will always affect how they experience things that we take for granted, like online entertainment. While keeping current events out of your online entertainment might help you unplug and relax, for some, the silence doesn't offer comfort but instead serves instead as a reminder that it's easy for people who aren't affected to disregard their lives and their suffering. As an example, FR has a large LGBTQA community. We get to openly enjoy being LGBTQA on this site. Our lived reality as LGBTQA people trickles into our experience and enjoyment of FR, so it really shouldn't be hard to extend that same understanding to others.

Black lives matter.
100% support the statement, I'm very grateful that the staff didn't shy away from taking a powerful, definitive stance. It means more than I can express.

I'm probably not allowed to be specific on the forums, so I'll just hint that maybe I live in a city at the heart of the current movement. The local community has come together in an incredible, awe inspiring way to support each other and the movement in the aftermath, and it really means a lot to me to see an online community like FR offer support as well.

To the people who want FR to be a 100% neutral and an full escape from reality, just know that for minorities it's never possible to enjoy something that is fully and wholly an escape from reality. Their lived reality will always affect how they experience things that we take for granted, like online entertainment. While keeping current events out of your online entertainment might help you unplug and relax, for some, the silence doesn't offer comfort but instead serves instead as a reminder that it's easy for people who aren't affected to disregard their lives and their suffering. As an example, FR has a large LGBTQA community. We get to openly enjoy being LGBTQA on this site. Our lived reality as LGBTQA people trickles into our experience and enjoyment of FR, so it really shouldn't be hard to extend that same understanding to others.

Black lives matter.
I was looking for a thread like this! Thanks staff <3 This is why I love FR
I was looking for a thread like this! Thanks staff <3 This is why I love FR
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
i bawled my eyes out while reading. thank you staff. thank you for not using your platform to remain silent. thank you.
i bawled my eyes out while reading. thank you staff. thank you for not using your platform to remain silent. thank you.
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
Quick note: Like we said in the first paragraph, we're still having our 7th Anniversary event. It's just not going to be hyped up the way it has in the past. Apologies for any confusion!
Quick note: Like we said in the first paragraph, we're still having our 7th Anniversary event. It's just not going to be hyped up the way it has in the past. Apologies for any confusion!
Cosigned. I fully support the staff and their statement. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Cosigned. I fully support the staff and their statement.
sW60m2f.png
[quote name="BlueStopSigns" date="2020-06-03 13:42:51" ] You're right, this website is peoples' escape. And speaking as a bisexual atheist engaged to a transwoman I can't escape people politicizing my life. "Leave politics out of my games" is a privileged position very few get to take. those of us who can't have that stance deserve support and love everywhere we can get it, even if it means a few people have to be sad that their pixel Dragon game made a completely ignorable statement. [/quote] Exactly. This is what I've been trying to get across, but I admit I have trouble finding words for things like this ><
BlueStopSigns wrote on 2020-06-03 13:42:51:
You're right, this website is peoples' escape. And speaking as a bisexual atheist engaged to a transwoman I can't escape people politicizing my life.

"Leave politics out of my games" is a privileged position very few get to take. those of us who can't have that stance deserve support and love everywhere we can get it, even if it means a few people have to be sad that their pixel Dragon game made a completely ignorable statement.
Exactly. This is what I've been trying to get across, but I admit I have trouble finding words for things like this ><
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42 43