Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42 43
I'm very glad the staff didn't sweep the event under the rug. They took notice of it and chose to inform their players about it, and that's honestly more than we could ask for. Thank you, staff.
I'm very glad the staff didn't sweep the event under the rug. They took notice of it and chose to inform their players about it, and that's honestly more than we could ask for. Thank you, staff.

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
[quote name="dragonpals" date="2020-06-03 12:03:03" ] [img]https://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/20160707_allhousesredux.png[/img] I always think of this every time someone pulls the "all lives matter" argument. [url=https://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2016/07/07/all-houses-matter-the-extended-cut/](Source)[/url] [/quote] thank you for providing this comic! I was having a hard time trying to explain in words why all lives matter is just not the right phrase right now!
dragonpals wrote on 2020-06-03 12:03:03:
20160707_allhousesredux.png

I always think of this every time someone pulls the "all lives matter" argument. (Source)
thank you for providing this comic! I was having a hard time trying to explain in words why all lives matter is just not the right phrase right now!
bVzIUfv.png
I think i was a good move to adress this. No matter what peoples opinions are, FR isn't really the place to discuss them. Let black americans have their little safe corner of the internet for once. Better be proactive about it and nip this one in the bud.
I think i was a good move to adress this. No matter what peoples opinions are, FR isn't really the place to discuss them. Let black americans have their little safe corner of the internet for once. Better be proactive about it and nip this one in the bud.
@finnfantastic while this event started in america, it has led to marches and protests around the world. while the hong kong protests are absolutely important and have recieved worldwide recognition, this event's topic of racialized violence is felt globally. this image, taken from the wikipedia article listing all the protests, is a pretty good example of the worldwide engagement in this issue: [img]https://i.imgur.com/6cOO8ev.png[/img] and while i do understand that it is frustrating to have to wait a bit longer for game content, this might be a good moment to think about how individuals targeted by racial violence struggle to live on a daily basis, and that compared to a fun dragon game, it's worth the focus and discussion.
@finnfantastic

while this event started in america, it has led to marches and protests around the world. while the hong kong protests are absolutely important and have recieved worldwide recognition, this event's topic of racialized violence is felt globally. this image, taken from the wikipedia article listing all the protests, is a pretty good example of the worldwide engagement in this issue:
6cOO8ev.png

and while i do understand that it is frustrating to have to wait a bit longer for game content, this might be a good moment to think about how individuals targeted by racial violence struggle to live on a daily basis, and that compared to a fun dragon game, it's worth the focus and discussion.
wLNPkA3.png
[quote name="dragonpals" date="2020-06-03 12:03:03" ] [img]https://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/20160707_allhousesredux.png[/img] I always think of this every time someone pulls the "all lives matter" argument. [url=https://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2016/07/07/all-houses-matter-the-extended-cut/](Source)[/url] [/quote] Thank you for posting this. Solid agree
dragonpals wrote on 2020-06-03 12:03:03:
20160707_allhousesredux.png

I always think of this every time someone pulls the "all lives matter" argument. (Source)

Thank you for posting this. Solid agree
I'm so thankful that staff put out this announcement. There have been some sad things happening in my city and the Black Lives Matter movement was always important and much needed, but is especially needed now.
I'm so thankful that staff put out this announcement. There have been some sad things happening in my city and the Black Lives Matter movement was always important and much needed, but is especially needed now.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
Really happy about the announcement. Bless staff. [emoji=heart size=1] Black Lives Matter, never forget that.
Really happy about the announcement. Bless staff.

Black Lives Matter, never forget that.
st6mOZq.pngWebp-net-resizeimage.png9X6Ea51.pnganimalia-shielf.pngtbqTng3.png
Locking to finish cleaning up. The thread will be unlocked shortly.
Locking to finish cleaning up. The thread will be unlocked shortly.
Okay. Thread's cleaned up, thread's unlocked.

1. "All lives matter" was created as a way to dismiss and erase the Black Lives Matter movement.

2. If you are struggling with this point, think of it like this: Black Lives Matter too.

3. Stay on topic. "All lives matter-ing" the thread is off-topic, leads to arguments, and is antithetical to the statement we just made.

Thank you.
Okay. Thread's cleaned up, thread's unlocked.

1. "All lives matter" was created as a way to dismiss and erase the Black Lives Matter movement.

2. If you are struggling with this point, think of it like this: Black Lives Matter too.

3. Stay on topic. "All lives matter-ing" the thread is off-topic, leads to arguments, and is antithetical to the statement we just made.

Thank you.
Thank you Aequorin c:
Thank you Aequorin c:
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42 43