Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Skin Search By Artist- Name Change Issue
I'm not sure if this is a 'bug' but it does interfere with the use of the new tool. If you search for an artist based on the "Designed By" name in a skin, if that artist has changed their name since, nothing will show up, including the original skin. You have to search the artist's current name in order to see anything they've made under any name.

For example, I made Biolume Blessed as Bliznyetzi. But if I search Bliznyetzi, nothing comes up. I have to search Thorium in order to see the skin, which still says "Designed by Blizynetzi". So, searching by the "Designed by" name will not always actually connect someone with the artist's other work if they changed their name.

I'm not sure if this is a 'bug' but it does interfere with the use of the new tool. If you search for an artist based on the "Designed By" name in a skin, if that artist has changed their name since, nothing will show up, including the original skin. You have to search the artist's current name in order to see anything they've made under any name.

For example, I made Biolume Blessed as Bliznyetzi. But if I search Bliznyetzi, nothing comes up. I have to search Thorium in order to see the skin, which still says "Designed by Blizynetzi". So, searching by the "Designed by" name will not always actually connect someone with the artist's other work if they changed their name.

@Thorium
The "By User" search is actually tied to the User's ID, not the username itself.

So if you input your User ID, Accent: Biolume Blessed would display even though it has your old username in the description.

Edit: turns out if you search your current username, it'll display too!
@Thorium
The "By User" search is actually tied to the User's ID, not the username itself.

So if you input your User ID, Accent: Biolume Blessed would display even though it has your old username in the description.

Edit: turns out if you search your current username, it'll display too!
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
@Thorium

You can also request a change to the accent/skin info itself here so that it shows your current username.
@Thorium

You can also request a change to the accent/skin info itself here so that it shows your current username.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Correct, the tagging is done by user ID, since names can change, and have already for many users. Currently descriptions for skins are typed in by hand, so you'll need to put in a request in the skins forum for @suburbansamurai to change the name for you in the description.

In the future, we would like to have tooltips be generated automagically for skins rather than being typed by hand. That way it'll always have the freshest user information!
Correct, the tagging is done by user ID, since names can change, and have already for many users. Currently descriptions for skins are typed in by hand, so you'll need to put in a request in the skins forum for @suburbansamurai to change the name for you in the description.

In the future, we would like to have tooltips be generated automagically for skins rather than being typed by hand. That way it'll always have the freshest user information!