Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | glowtail got locked AGAIN??
1 2 3
it did, I saw it yesterday and it was too late :( Sad to see it locked again, I wanted to leave a comment on how much i love the updated glowtail. I love it a LOT, staff really did a wonderful job fixing the fade! Too bad I couldn't leave a thank you X(
it did, I saw it yesterday and it was too late :( Sad to see it locked again, I wanted to leave a comment on how much i love the updated glowtail. I love it a LOT, staff really did a wonderful job fixing the fade! Too bad I couldn't leave a thank you X(
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Hello everyone! I hope your weekend went well.

I'm locking this thread, but not removing it. This thread and its direction is an example of why we don't allow discussion of forum moderation within our forums. It's not a constructive discussion but a rehashing of disagreements, targeted comments, and bad feelings.

Regarding the announcement thread, I'm including our reason for locking the thread and our statement on what happened with Tertiary Gene: Glowtail below:

Quote:
This thread is now locked. Targeted comments that are not constructive at all or comments that are disrespectful to someone for having an opinion or criticism you disagree with are not something we welcome. Unfortunately this thread has moved towards the latter, and despite pruning and reminders it’s not getting back on track.

We hear your concerns that the issues with this release means Stormlight is not adhering to our anti-crunch philosophy and stance. We remain committed to supporting our team members. When projects require more time, when a team member communicates that they need additional support, etc. we move releases back or launch other content that is ready.

What happened with Glowtail: The short color transition was a design choice and it was clearly the wrong one. We opted for a shorter color transition as the shadow layer that created the plated scale effect doesn’t play nice with our generator technology. It’s not capable of multiplying down or creating layer effects on top of non-tertiary components, so would end up gray if it was on top of the primary layer. A short transition allowed us to minimize this problem. After the player feedback came in that a longer transition was vastly preferred, @/suburbansamurai made a great mock-up that extended the plate line art and the tertiary colors, but not the plate shadows to see if it provided an acceptable compromise. We liked the effect, felt it would address your feedback, and made the change—and the gene is better for it.

There were always be more genes in the future. Our design goals include providing a variety of genes and looks, and we understand that not every gene is going to land with everyone. That being said, we do want our genes to land with the majority. Constructive criticism and reporting bugs or errors is important to the continued development of the game and are always welcome.

Thank you again for your feedback and passion for our game. While we're locking this thread, if you would like to contact us with feedback about this or any other topic, you are always welcome to do so by using Contact Us.

Hello everyone! I hope your weekend went well.

I'm locking this thread, but not removing it. This thread and its direction is an example of why we don't allow discussion of forum moderation within our forums. It's not a constructive discussion but a rehashing of disagreements, targeted comments, and bad feelings.

Regarding the announcement thread, I'm including our reason for locking the thread and our statement on what happened with Tertiary Gene: Glowtail below:

Quote:
This thread is now locked. Targeted comments that are not constructive at all or comments that are disrespectful to someone for having an opinion or criticism you disagree with are not something we welcome. Unfortunately this thread has moved towards the latter, and despite pruning and reminders it’s not getting back on track.

We hear your concerns that the issues with this release means Stormlight is not adhering to our anti-crunch philosophy and stance. We remain committed to supporting our team members. When projects require more time, when a team member communicates that they need additional support, etc. we move releases back or launch other content that is ready.

What happened with Glowtail: The short color transition was a design choice and it was clearly the wrong one. We opted for a shorter color transition as the shadow layer that created the plated scale effect doesn’t play nice with our generator technology. It’s not capable of multiplying down or creating layer effects on top of non-tertiary components, so would end up gray if it was on top of the primary layer. A short transition allowed us to minimize this problem. After the player feedback came in that a longer transition was vastly preferred, @/suburbansamurai made a great mock-up that extended the plate line art and the tertiary colors, but not the plate shadows to see if it provided an acceptable compromise. We liked the effect, felt it would address your feedback, and made the change—and the gene is better for it.

There were always be more genes in the future. Our design goals include providing a variety of genes and looks, and we understand that not every gene is going to land with everyone. That being said, we do want our genes to land with the majority. Constructive criticism and reporting bugs or errors is important to the continued development of the game and are always welcome.

Thank you again for your feedback and passion for our game. While we're locking this thread, if you would like to contact us with feedback about this or any other topic, you are always welcome to do so by using Contact Us.

1 2 3