Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | calling all g1 lairs
1 2 3 4
long story short, i'm not happy with my lair and i want something to be proud of, so at this point i'm willing to get rid of almost all my old dragons (except fandragons i'll lock away in the den lmao) because i want a g1 lair, but the problem is money.

HOW do y'all do it???? the most i can save at a time is like 800g and that's barely enough to cover mediocre genes for one dragon, let alone buy g1s with nice colors. how do you guys even get enough money to have xxy g1s with UMAs and 20 apparel slots??? HOW-
long story short, i'm not happy with my lair and i want something to be proud of, so at this point i'm willing to get rid of almost all my old dragons (except fandragons i'll lock away in the den lmao) because i want a g1 lair, but the problem is money.

HOW do y'all do it???? the most i can save at a time is like 800g and that's barely enough to cover mediocre genes for one dragon, let alone buy g1s with nice colors. how do you guys even get enough money to have xxy g1s with UMAs and 20 apparel slots??? HOW-
Don't get xxy G1s. Get matchy xyzs instead. They're much more interesting. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50661049] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/506611/50661049_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48039009] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480391/48039009_350.png[/img] [/url] This dragon used to look like this. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=129&bodygene=40&breed=4&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=20&winggene=17&wings=27&auth=1c267baaee123ce2b065fb57b94d3c92cc9dc54e&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Don't get xxy G1s. Get matchy xyzs instead. They're much more interesting.

50661049_350.png

48039009_350.png

This dragon used to look like this.
dragon?age=1&body=129&bodygene=40&breed=4&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=20&winggene=17&wings=27&auth=1c267baaee123ce2b065fb57b94d3c92cc9dc54e&dummyext=prev.png
Y3kY2LN.png
[quote name="Shian" date="2020-05-01 09:26:15" ] Don't get xxy G1s. Get matchy xyzs instead. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50661049] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/506611/50661049_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote] This. I'm coming back from a lengthy hiatus and had purged my whole lair. I have no money whatsoever, so I'm having to wait till a little bit down the road to reclaim the amount of double G1s I used to have. However, I'm finding that there are an absurd amount of stunning XYZ G1s if you just poke around the AH/dragon sales/dragon trades. you don't need to have doubles to be a G1 lair, and using treasure genes isn't bad at all! Besides that, I've found that shoving everything I want to save into the vault the moment I get it is helping me save a lot. 10/10 would recommend. EDIT;; for example, I just picked up this girl in exchange for a 5kT fodder dragon off the Dragon Trades: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=196708&tab=dragon&did=61033065][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=704374&skin=0&apparel=832,3284,23119,491,331,834,2850,10373,10738,6035,10745&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] And then I pulled this girl off the AH, fully gened, for 200g: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49096683] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=49096683&skin=0&apparel=20836,15311,15309,26280,29239,29228,23744,331&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] If you dig around, you will 100% find great G1s!
Shian wrote on 2020-05-01 09:26:15:
Don't get xxy G1s. Get matchy xyzs instead.

50661049_350.png

This. I'm coming back from a lengthy hiatus and had purged my whole lair. I have no money whatsoever, so I'm having to wait till a little bit down the road to reclaim the amount of double G1s I used to have. However, I'm finding that there are an absurd amount of stunning XYZ G1s if you just poke around the AH/dragon sales/dragon trades. you don't need to have doubles to be a G1 lair, and using treasure genes isn't bad at all!

Besides that, I've found that shoving everything I want to save into the vault the moment I get it is helping me save a lot. 10/10 would recommend.

EDIT;; for example, I just picked up this girl in exchange for a 5kT fodder dragon off the Dragon Trades:
scry?sdid=704374&skin=0&apparel=832,3284,23119,491,331,834,2850,10373,10738,6035,10745&xt=dressing.png
And then I pulled this girl off the AH, fully gened, for 200g:

dragon?did=49096683&skin=0&apparel=20836,15311,15309,26280,29239,29228,23744,331&xt=dressing.png

If you dig around, you will 100% find great G1s!
9CxYF0H.png
I don't have an ALL g1 lair, but I have a lot of them. XD;

Most are in various stages of completion but it just tends to build up really. It's a long goal sort of thing.
Some of my tips:
- I make a point of never scrying with gem genes first
- I stalk the AH after notable events when everyone is hatching a ton of eggs and grab a few I think are really nice colours for less
- I sell every egg I find and use that money to go towards my projects.

Shian is totally right though, xyzs are often really pretty and can look better than xxy/xyx/xyy and cost much less to buy outright.

Edit: hmm another tip, you can find gened g1's for less than it would cost to buy the genes too so keep an eye out for ones you like!
I don't have an ALL g1 lair, but I have a lot of them. XD;

Most are in various stages of completion but it just tends to build up really. It's a long goal sort of thing.
Some of my tips:
- I make a point of never scrying with gem genes first
- I stalk the AH after notable events when everyone is hatching a ton of eggs and grab a few I think are really nice colours for less
- I sell every egg I find and use that money to go towards my projects.

Shian is totally right though, xyzs are often really pretty and can look better than xxy/xyx/xyy and cost much less to buy outright.

Edit: hmm another tip, you can find gened g1's for less than it would cost to buy the genes too so keep an eye out for ones you like!
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
@shain @kairo
you guys are absolutely right!! i wasn't planning on seeking out any doubles since i often find XYZs are even prettier, i just mean how on earth do people have lairs full of doubles? anyhow, those examples are really gorgeous, i'm in love with that plague primal ;O; thanks so much for your input!!

@xirei
i've seen some really cool XYZs in the AH too :O looking around after fests and stuff is a good point, i'll have to scavenge around lol
@shain @kairo
you guys are absolutely right!! i wasn't planning on seeking out any doubles since i often find XYZs are even prettier, i just mean how on earth do people have lairs full of doubles? anyhow, those examples are really gorgeous, i'm in love with that plague primal ;O; thanks so much for your input!!

@xirei
i've seen some really cool XYZs in the AH too :O looking around after fests and stuff is a good point, i'll have to scavenge around lol
Not a strictly G1 lair here (I love my G1 project dragons, I love my G2+ project dragons, I love my G2+ fodder rescues) but I can certainly talk about my million gene projects.

My strategies:
1) Love a lot of genes. I didn't get into G1s until fairly recently, all things considered, because back in the beginning all I really liked was IriShim. These days, most of my favorite genes are Baldwin genes and treasure genes— I love Peacock, Noxtide, Blend, Savannah, Pinstripe, Trail, Scales, etc. I rarely scry with gem genes.

2) Work slowly. If you can't save for all genes all at once, save for one at a time. Go piece by piece rather than compiling a list of all the genes you'll ever need for all your projects, looking at the huge number, and despairing. Maybe you'll change your mind about a project before you even get to it, who knows.

3) If life gives you a Swipp or Baldwin gene, work on getting it yourself. Saves money by spending time; usually by grinding for a Swipp gene, you'll get other goodies incidentally. Blossom is an excruciating grind, but you get food to either sell or melt for Baldwin or give to your dragons (eat your salad, dragons!) Firefly can also give you River Muck, which is needed for… either Slime or Sludge, I think? and sells for a nice chunk on the AH, last I checked.

4) Nice colors are subjective. You can find some gorgeous G1s selling for relatively cheap if you're willing to put in the work to find them a nice scry. It's not universal, and taste varies between people. If you're into primarily XYY gem-gened WCs with UMAs, then yeah, it's gonna cost more. If you're more into matchy XYZs, chances are you actually need treasure or Baldwin genes to bring in some of the matchier accents, so it'll be cheaper by default.

…But even if you've got a more expensive project, working slow and setting goals works out pretty well; I have multiple gem-gened G1 dragons in my lair (though none all gem-gened) and it feels a lot more reasonable if you take it one gene at a time.

Other people do work better tallying it all up and setting loftier goals, mind! But since you specifically mentioned it being hard for you to save, I figured I'd share my methods. Good luck! :D
Not a strictly G1 lair here (I love my G1 project dragons, I love my G2+ project dragons, I love my G2+ fodder rescues) but I can certainly talk about my million gene projects.

My strategies:
1) Love a lot of genes. I didn't get into G1s until fairly recently, all things considered, because back in the beginning all I really liked was IriShim. These days, most of my favorite genes are Baldwin genes and treasure genes— I love Peacock, Noxtide, Blend, Savannah, Pinstripe, Trail, Scales, etc. I rarely scry with gem genes.

2) Work slowly. If you can't save for all genes all at once, save for one at a time. Go piece by piece rather than compiling a list of all the genes you'll ever need for all your projects, looking at the huge number, and despairing. Maybe you'll change your mind about a project before you even get to it, who knows.

3) If life gives you a Swipp or Baldwin gene, work on getting it yourself. Saves money by spending time; usually by grinding for a Swipp gene, you'll get other goodies incidentally. Blossom is an excruciating grind, but you get food to either sell or melt for Baldwin or give to your dragons (eat your salad, dragons!) Firefly can also give you River Muck, which is needed for… either Slime or Sludge, I think? and sells for a nice chunk on the AH, last I checked.

4) Nice colors are subjective. You can find some gorgeous G1s selling for relatively cheap if you're willing to put in the work to find them a nice scry. It's not universal, and taste varies between people. If you're into primarily XYY gem-gened WCs with UMAs, then yeah, it's gonna cost more. If you're more into matchy XYZs, chances are you actually need treasure or Baldwin genes to bring in some of the matchier accents, so it'll be cheaper by default.

…But even if you've got a more expensive project, working slow and setting goals works out pretty well; I have multiple gem-gened G1 dragons in my lair (though none all gem-gened) and it feels a lot more reasonable if you take it one gene at a time.

Other people do work better tallying it all up and setting loftier goals, mind! But since you specifically mentioned it being hard for you to save, I figured I'd share my methods. Good luck! :D
Slap gems in your vault and don’t touch them!! Set an amount you have to have in there at all times as “emergency” funds if you ever need them for anything, can be 1kg or 10kg if you’re willing to save to that!

Invest in a market where you can make a profit- UMAs is a big one, buying them and later selling for a bit more than you got them for. Plus you can use em on your dragons if you really love them! You just need a big fund to get started, so save for that.

Find nice cheap dragons on the AH!! Take 30 minutes or so to just cruise through the G1 listings, chances are you’ll find a really nice XYZ for cheap.
Slap gems in your vault and don’t touch them!! Set an amount you have to have in there at all times as “emergency” funds if you ever need them for anything, can be 1kg or 10kg if you’re willing to save to that!

Invest in a market where you can make a profit- UMAs is a big one, buying them and later selling for a bit more than you got them for. Plus you can use em on your dragons if you really love them! You just need a big fund to get started, so save for that.

Find nice cheap dragons on the AH!! Take 30 minutes or so to just cruise through the G1 listings, chances are you’ll find a really nice XYZ for cheap.
prophetblink.gif
I have a saved search on the AH and just browse by the cheapest G1s every once in a while. You'd be surprised at the dragons people sell for fodder prices!

Doubles or near-doubles are surprisingly cheap a lot of the time too. I have 3 doubles- two I was lucky enough to hatch, but the third I bought for just 500g.

If you're not too picky (esp if you don't mind them having an offspring list), you can often even find fully- or partially-gened G1s for like, half the cost of the genes that went into them or less.
I have a saved search on the AH and just browse by the cheapest G1s every once in a while. You'd be surprised at the dragons people sell for fodder prices!

Doubles or near-doubles are surprisingly cheap a lot of the time too. I have 3 doubles- two I was lucky enough to hatch, but the third I bought for just 500g.

If you're not too picky (esp if you don't mind them having an offspring list), you can often even find fully- or partially-gened G1s for like, half the cost of the genes that went into them or less.
tumblr_ng38pm8aNf1s1vxfao1_400.png
Not a gen1 lair, but am starting to slowly buy and more of them!! Okay, so I have a few tips you could try: - First of all, I completely agree with @/Shian, matchy XYZs are wayyyy more fun than doubles or triples, and cost less!! - Try to remember/keep a list of notable dates (The major holidays, festivals, and things like 4/20, Pi day, and other smaller but notable days), some people love doing mass hatches and will usually post gen1s they didn't notice the hidden beauty of for fodder price on the AH - Gem genes r nice, sure, but avoid them if you can!! Most of my gened gen1s are fantastic even with treasure genes!! It's less expensive and the treasure genes tend to have more accent colours to make unruly colour combos work, prime example of this being one of my gen1s Sparkie: [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49375785] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493758/49375785_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] - Gen1 wildclaws are a bit overdone at this point in my opinion, other breeds are awesome too, and are cheaper!! - Baldwining is a very good way of getting genes!! Don't buy the ones you can brew with Baldwin from the AH, chances are they're overpriced and brewing genes is a great way to gain EXP with Baldwin!! Not only is it cheaper, but you get to be able to brew new genes that come out at high levels!! - Save. Impulses are tempting, but keep your goals in mind. Projects stack up easy, and the more gen1s you buy, the more you have to worry about genes. Work on a handful at a time, and try to keep away from gem stuff!! - 6 apparel slots work just fine!! Keeping the limited-ness in mind is a good way to get creative!! Besides, more slots means more apparel and more costs. - UMs/UMAs are nice, but not necessary all the time!! Plenty of festival skins work great!! Again, I'm gonna point out my gen1 Sparkie above, he's wearing a festival skin from Brightshine Jubilee 2016!! Hope these helped, and good luck with getting a gen1 lair!! It's an awesome goal and as much as a challenge it is, it's a huge thing to be proud of!! :D
Not a gen1 lair, but am starting to slowly buy and more of them!! Okay, so I have a few tips you could try:

- First of all, I completely agree with @/Shian, matchy XYZs are wayyyy more fun than doubles or triples, and cost less!!

- Try to remember/keep a list of notable dates (The major holidays, festivals, and things like 4/20, Pi day, and other smaller but notable days), some people love doing mass hatches and will usually post gen1s they didn't notice the hidden beauty of for fodder price on the AH

- Gem genes r nice, sure, but avoid them if you can!! Most of my gened gen1s are fantastic even with treasure genes!! It's less expensive and the treasure genes tend to have more accent colours to make unruly colour combos work, prime example of this being one of my gen1s Sparkie: - Gen1 wildclaws are a bit overdone at this point in my opinion, other breeds are awesome too, and are cheaper!!

- Baldwining is a very good way of getting genes!! Don't buy the ones you can brew with Baldwin from the AH, chances are they're overpriced and brewing genes is a great way to gain EXP with Baldwin!! Not only is it cheaper, but you get to be able to brew new genes that come out at high levels!!

- Save. Impulses are tempting, but keep your goals in mind. Projects stack up easy, and the more gen1s you buy, the more you have to worry about genes. Work on a handful at a time, and try to keep away from gem stuff!!

- 6 apparel slots work just fine!! Keeping the limited-ness in mind is a good way to get creative!! Besides, more slots means more apparel and more costs.

- UMs/UMAs are nice, but not necessary all the time!! Plenty of festival skins work great!! Again, I'm gonna point out my gen1 Sparkie above, he's wearing a festival skin from Brightshine Jubilee 2016!!

Hope these helped, and good luck with getting a gen1 lair!! It's an awesome goal and as much as a challenge it is, it's a huge thing to be proud of!! :D
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
- i scry dragons while pretending gem genes or breed changes dont exist

- i don't own any umas that i bought myself (iirc), there are so many gorgeous festival skins

- auction house 0-15g/kt g1 range is a lifesaver (20g if im feeling bougie :eyes:) i trawl dragon sales but never really buy anything "expensive" unless i am completely in love

- learn to love plentifuls! faes are so so cute

- xyzs are a lifesaver, a lot of people discard xyzs that at first glance don't look too hot but skink/trail/blend etc bring out lovely accent colors, you just have to spend some more time in the scrying workshop!
- i scry dragons while pretending gem genes or breed changes dont exist

- i don't own any umas that i bought myself (iirc), there are so many gorgeous festival skins

- auction house 0-15g/kt g1 range is a lifesaver (20g if im feeling bougie :eyes:) i trawl dragon sales but never really buy anything "expensive" unless i am completely in love

- learn to love plentifuls! faes are so so cute

- xyzs are a lifesaver, a lot of people discard xyzs that at first glance don't look too hot but skink/trail/blend etc bring out lovely accent colors, you just have to spend some more time in the scrying workshop!
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
1 2 3 4