Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 87 88
[quote name="Undel" date="2020-04-12 16:43:17" ] Hello everyone! We had some technical difficulties with recording the stream while offline. Long story short, it was one static frame the entire recording! Whoops! But here is the end result. We hope to have better luck with future recordings with this new ancient breed! [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/becauseyoureworthit.png[/img][/center] [/quote] It looks like a unicorn!! I’m so excited for this breed!!!
Undel wrote on 2020-04-12 16:43:17:
Hello everyone! We had some technical difficulties with recording the stream while offline. Long story short, it was one static frame the entire recording! Whoops!
But here is the end result. We hope to have better luck with future recordings with this new ancient breed!
becauseyoureworthit.png
It looks like a unicorn!! I’m so excited for this breed!!!
Big agree with the no wings deal. I get the concept of the wings, but they really distract from the body and hair. The form gets lost because its so covered. Take out the wings and it's a killer design
Big agree with the no wings deal. I get the concept of the wings, but they really distract from the body and hair. The form gets lost because its so covered. Take out the wings and it's a killer design
That's a shadow breed for sure. Shadowbinder's pc ripoffs, DONUT STEEL
That's a shadow breed for sure. Shadowbinder's pc ripoffs, DONUT STEEL
66.png
I absolutely love this design... I can't wait to see it in the future!!
I absolutely love this design... I can't wait to see it in the future!!
TwulRgH.png
Mm. Such a lovely little... I'm not sure if that's a female or male, but I like it. I will agree, I do feel the wings are a bit out of place. They don't look like they serve any purpose and would just be a hindrance. From a gene standpoint, there is a good chunk of the body/Primary covered already, so having the wings there just covers more of it. Removing the wings would also probably hush up all the people complaining about it following the modern breed rules without making it something exceptionally high demand like, say, three heads would.

This looks like some sort of swamp monster, a dragonkin kelpie that lives in a bog. I can even see the short arms and long legs being to its advantage - waiting in the shallows with its legs tucked under it in the depths while its head is held in the shallows with its arms holding it still. When something tasty walks by, it could use those powerful hind legs to launch out of the water and grab it before the creature knew what happened, much like a crocodile. It looking like it could hunt like an ambush predator that lives in brackish waters and having some resemblance to a beast whose purpose is to lure people to a death by drowning makes me think Shadow is the most likely element, but Water would be a close second.

I personally like the rounded chub belly. It's a bit endearing and actually helps drive home the swamp monster image. It also doesn't really look as big as it's being made out to be, so I don't think it would actually be a hindrance. They'd probably just be a bit more of a lumbering predator like the Bogsneaks instead of something swift and graceful like a Skydancer. Nothing wrong with that. Not to mention, if it's arms are so stubby, it's likely bipedal - or mostly so - so it just makes more visual sense for it to be 'weighted' around the midsection rather than the chest like quadrupedal dragons.

As for comparing it to other breeds' lines... This is honestly a pet peeve of mine every time something new is released - 'oh, it's just a new version of --' or '-- 2.0!' comments really get on my nerves. Mostly because people latch on to one or two parts of the design - in this case, I am assuming the whiskers and the ears - when it really doesn't share that much of a resemblance/they have plenty of uniqueness other than the features in focus.

I don't see how it's 'just a Pearlcatcher' or a Pearlcatcher and Imperial hybrid, as the resemblance isn't quite enough for that. Even then, I don't see how this would be a problem anyway. The Ancients are ancient dragonkin that existed before modern dragons came into existence, so a lot of them are going to have resemblance to other current breeds. They'll be more bestial/primal than the modern breeds due to the creative freedom allowed without the restrictions put on modern breeds, but that doesn't mean they can't have some resemblance to what are supposedly their descendants/the 'imperfect' versions of their gods' creations.
Mm. Such a lovely little... I'm not sure if that's a female or male, but I like it. I will agree, I do feel the wings are a bit out of place. They don't look like they serve any purpose and would just be a hindrance. From a gene standpoint, there is a good chunk of the body/Primary covered already, so having the wings there just covers more of it. Removing the wings would also probably hush up all the people complaining about it following the modern breed rules without making it something exceptionally high demand like, say, three heads would.

This looks like some sort of swamp monster, a dragonkin kelpie that lives in a bog. I can even see the short arms and long legs being to its advantage - waiting in the shallows with its legs tucked under it in the depths while its head is held in the shallows with its arms holding it still. When something tasty walks by, it could use those powerful hind legs to launch out of the water and grab it before the creature knew what happened, much like a crocodile. It looking like it could hunt like an ambush predator that lives in brackish waters and having some resemblance to a beast whose purpose is to lure people to a death by drowning makes me think Shadow is the most likely element, but Water would be a close second.

I personally like the rounded chub belly. It's a bit endearing and actually helps drive home the swamp monster image. It also doesn't really look as big as it's being made out to be, so I don't think it would actually be a hindrance. They'd probably just be a bit more of a lumbering predator like the Bogsneaks instead of something swift and graceful like a Skydancer. Nothing wrong with that. Not to mention, if it's arms are so stubby, it's likely bipedal - or mostly so - so it just makes more visual sense for it to be 'weighted' around the midsection rather than the chest like quadrupedal dragons.

As for comparing it to other breeds' lines... This is honestly a pet peeve of mine every time something new is released - 'oh, it's just a new version of --' or '-- 2.0!' comments really get on my nerves. Mostly because people latch on to one or two parts of the design - in this case, I am assuming the whiskers and the ears - when it really doesn't share that much of a resemblance/they have plenty of uniqueness other than the features in focus.

I don't see how it's 'just a Pearlcatcher' or a Pearlcatcher and Imperial hybrid, as the resemblance isn't quite enough for that. Even then, I don't see how this would be a problem anyway. The Ancients are ancient dragonkin that existed before modern dragons came into existence, so a lot of them are going to have resemblance to other current breeds. They'll be more bestial/primal than the modern breeds due to the creative freedom allowed without the restrictions put on modern breeds, but that doesn't mean they can't have some resemblance to what are supposedly their descendants/the 'imperfect' versions of their gods' creations.
Untitled2165.png O Oh Stormcatcher what have I started...
Concept seems disjointed. Not digging the wings on this guy, save em for a different breed.
Concept seems disjointed. Not digging the wings on this guy, save em for a different breed.
No traveling dragons please!
Making some tweaks to the hair band dragon in light of the feedback on the body shape not being clear when obscured by the wings. Its doing weird optical things for some people. Upon seeing it with fresh eyes, I agree it's not reading well.

Thinning up some of its anatomy, giving it a large shoulder/wing joint, and increasing the size of its wings are helping to make this creature make more sense. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Note: For some who are disappointed that this breed is not going to be breaking the traditional mold: We've heard you and are certainly going to have nonstandard anatomy on ancient breed 4.

Ancient breeds allow us to create dragons faster than modern breeds due to not having to create the time-consuming apparel for them as well as every gene on-site (since they can't crossbreed). This gives us the opportunity to have non-standard anatomy and/or tertiary genes that break the mold because we don't have to worry about conflicting with apparel. Not every ancient is going to have extra limbs or a different body shape; however, many will!

While we won't have non-standard anatomy on this breed, I can assure you that it will feature many line-breaking terts that the ancient breeds have become known for!

Edit: Also, the eye color in the template has nothing to do with the element. Just threw something in there. :)
Making some tweaks to the hair band dragon in light of the feedback on the body shape not being clear when obscured by the wings. Its doing weird optical things for some people. Upon seeing it with fresh eyes, I agree it's not reading well.

Thinning up some of its anatomy, giving it a large shoulder/wing joint, and increasing the size of its wings are helping to make this creature make more sense. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Note: For some who are disappointed that this breed is not going to be breaking the traditional mold: We've heard you and are certainly going to have nonstandard anatomy on ancient breed 4.

Ancient breeds allow us to create dragons faster than modern breeds due to not having to create the time-consuming apparel for them as well as every gene on-site (since they can't crossbreed). This gives us the opportunity to have non-standard anatomy and/or tertiary genes that break the mold because we don't have to worry about conflicting with apparel. Not every ancient is going to have extra limbs or a different body shape; however, many will!

While we won't have non-standard anatomy on this breed, I can assure you that it will feature many line-breaking terts that the ancient breeds have become known for!

Edit: Also, the eye color in the template has nothing to do with the element. Just threw something in there. :)
I was gonna suggest that the small wings, while flightless, could be like the wings on katydids
When rubbed together they make a sound to attract mates

Looks like they're getting increased in size though o: maybe our boy can fly after all

Really happy to see staff listening to feedback!
I was gonna suggest that the small wings, while flightless, could be like the wings on katydids
When rubbed together they make a sound to attract mates

Looks like they're getting increased in size though o: maybe our boy can fly after all

Really happy to see staff listening to feedback!
.................. >Cyan
>she/her
>FR+0

tumblr_inline_pk7sfwujyO1tp8wp9_1280.pngyWeI4xG.png
.. rXl15F2.gif
.. .....
Pgv53XB.png
pkY2oAO.png
BjO3CiL.png
LDkMPPP.png
[img]https://i.sssu.net/2020/04/13/yH9Dlfs3pcSQ6Uw.png[/img] ;w; And more space for skin please........
yH9Dlfs3pcSQ6Uw.png

;w;

And more space for skin please........
5bb6d44fde511.png
SkinArtDoodleAdopt
THAT'S A S T U N N I N G DESIGN AAAAA
THAT'S A S T U N N I N G DESIGN AAAAA
on and off hiatus. he/him, transmasc.

tumblr_o06xua4ktH1qiotbqo6_250.gif
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 87 88