Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | 400 bad request error?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
forgot to add! The only extensions I have on chrome right now are New Xkit for Tumblr, View Image for google search, and Adblock plus, which I've disabled for FR for now, but am not disabling all together because I enjoy having my laptop disease free. Everything else I've disabled.
forgot to add! The only extensions I have on chrome right now are New Xkit for Tumblr, View Image for google search, and Adblock plus, which I've disabled for FR for now, but am not disabling all together because I enjoy having my laptop disease free. Everything else I've disabled.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2020-03-26 18:21:06" ] forgot to add! The only extensions I have on chrome right now are New Xkit for Tumblr, View Image for google search, and Adblock plus, which I've disabled for FR for now, but am not disabling all together because I enjoy having my laptop disease free. Everything else I've disabled. [/quote] @clockworkMoose Did you experience an unexpected logout or a 400 a little bit ago, between about 17:43 and 17:58 Server Time approximately? We are seeing requests that are arriving at our site with what appears to be zero cookies attached at that time, but no 400 or obvious reason why several requests in a row should have no cookies, which is very curious.
clockworkMoose wrote on 2020-03-26 18:21:06:

@clockworkMoose

Did you experience an unexpected logout or a 400 a little bit ago, between about 17:43 and 17:58 Server Time approximately? We are seeing requests that are arriving at our site with what appears to be zero cookies attached at that time, but no 400 or obvious reason why several requests in a row should have no cookies, which is very curious.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I'm not getting the 400 page today but I am getting logged out.

After logging back in:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 18:29:20
Logged In: Yes
Overall Cookie Header Size: 4,317 bytes
Primary Login Cookie Size: 348 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 4

After using the tool:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 18:30:13
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,458 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 1
I'm not getting the 400 page today but I am getting logged out.

After logging back in:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 18:29:20
Overall Cookie Header Size: 4,317 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 4

After using the tool:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 18:30:13
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,458 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 1
[quote name="@Mutron" date="2020-03-26 18:26:58" ] [quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2020-03-26 18:21:06" ] forgot to add! The only extensions I have on chrome right now are New Xkit for Tumblr, View Image for google search, and Adblock plus, which I've disabled for FR for now, but am not disabling all together because I enjoy having my laptop disease free. Everything else I've disabled. [/quote] @/clockworkMoose Did you experience an unexpected logout or a 400 a little bit ago, between about 17:43 and 17:58 Server Time approximately? We are seeing requests that are arriving at our site with what appears to be zero cookies attached at that time, but no 400 or obvious reason why several requests in a row should have no cookies, which is very curious. [/quote] Yes, I did! I had been checking cookies every 10-15 minutes all morning long, but then stopped for 3-4 hours. The only FR tab I had up was the cookie page. I clicked the homepage logo, got a 400 error, tried to back button to get the cookie page again, but it loaded up a 400 error there too, so I just cleared cookies, refreshed the cookie page (now with 0 cookies) and logged in. I haven't gotten any errors or extra cookies since. Since I didn't have any cookie screenshots from near before or after, I didn't post. But I did, the timeline matches up pretty well to when I came back to my computer.
@Mutron wrote on 2020-03-26 18:26:58:
clockworkMoose wrote on 2020-03-26 18:21:06:

@/clockworkMoose

Did you experience an unexpected logout or a 400 a little bit ago, between about 17:43 and 17:58 Server Time approximately? We are seeing requests that are arriving at our site with what appears to be zero cookies attached at that time, but no 400 or obvious reason why several requests in a row should have no cookies, which is very curious.

Yes, I did! I had been checking cookies every 10-15 minutes all morning long, but then stopped for 3-4 hours. The only FR tab I had up was the cookie page. I clicked the homepage logo, got a 400 error, tried to back button to get the cookie page again, but it loaded up a 400 error there too, so I just cleared cookies, refreshed the cookie page (now with 0 cookies) and logged in. I haven't gotten any errors or extra cookies since.

Since I didn't have any cookie screenshots from near before or after, I didn't post. But I did, the timeline matches up pretty well to when I came back to my computer.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2020-03-26 19:22:06" ] Yes, I did! I had been checking cookies every 10-15 minutes all morning long, but then stopped for 3-4 hours. The only FR tab I had up was the cookie page. I clicked the homepage logo, got a 400 error, tried to back button to get the cookie page again, but it loaded up a 400 error there too, so I just cleared cookies, refreshed the cookie page (now with 0 cookies) and logged in. I haven't gotten any errors or extra cookies since. Since I didn't have any cookie screenshots from near before or after, I didn't post. But I did, the timeline matches up pretty well to when I came back to my computer. [/quote] @clockworkMoose Okay, and to confirm, these were 400s you received, as opposed to just a page where you were logged out? We are getting closer, thank you (and all the other posters!) for your responses.
clockworkMoose wrote on 2020-03-26 19:22:06:
Yes, I did! I had been checking cookies every 10-15 minutes all morning long, but then stopped for 3-4 hours. The only FR tab I had up was the cookie page. I clicked the homepage logo, got a 400 error, tried to back button to get the cookie page again, but it loaded up a 400 error there too, so I just cleared cookies, refreshed the cookie page (now with 0 cookies) and logged in. I haven't gotten any errors or extra cookies since.

Since I didn't have any cookie screenshots from near before or after, I didn't post. But I did, the timeline matches up pretty well to when I came back to my computer.

@clockworkMoose Okay, and to confirm, these were 400s you received, as opposed to just a page where you were logged out?

We are getting closer, thank you (and all the other posters!) for your responses.

@mutron, yeah, the 400 page with Edgar.

(Before you posted the cookie testing page, I'd actually never come back to a "logged out" page. It was either the site worked fine, or that I would get the 400 page. I got my first "logged out" screen was yesterday when I was taking cookie screenshots. If the steps of the bug are "everything's fine", and then "logged out" and then "400 error page", I'd been skipping from step one to three and never saw the "logged out" stage.)

@mutron, yeah, the 400 page with Edgar.

(Before you posted the cookie testing page, I'd actually never come back to a "logged out" page. It was either the site worked fine, or that I would get the 400 page. I got my first "logged out" screen was yesterday when I was taking cookie screenshots. If the steps of the bug are "everything's fine", and then "logged out" and then "400 error page", I'd been skipping from step one to three and never saw the "logged out" stage.)

@Vark @wittykitsune @OverlordPony

When you have trouble what is the first symptom? Do you get a 400 suddenly, or are you suddenly logged out and then only receive the 400 after several page loads?

Thanks for your patience everyone -- we are getting closer.
@Vark @wittykitsune @OverlordPony

When you have trouble what is the first symptom? Do you get a 400 suddenly, or are you suddenly logged out and then only receive the 400 after several page loads?

Thanks for your patience everyone -- we are getting closer.

@Mutron

It depends! Sometimes the game will log me out and then I can log back in without encountering any errors and I'll be able to use the site just fine for a couple of hours.

At other times, the first symptom is the 400 error, and it'll stay on every page until I clear my cookies. I'm not sure if I'm logged out when the error occurs, since clearing my cookies will log me out anyway.
@Mutron

It depends! Sometimes the game will log me out and then I can log back in without encountering any errors and I'll be able to use the site just fine for a couple of hours.

At other times, the first symptom is the 400 error, and it'll stay on every page until I clear my cookies. I'm not sure if I'm logged out when the error occurs, since clearing my cookies will log me out anyway.
@Mutron

It isn't happening at work, same browser only difference might be the version of Windows 10 and the computer itself. Same extensions.

What happens is I will come home from work and get on FR on my laptop and I was getting a 400 page until yesterday when I have begun getting a logged out page instead when I never logged out. So in the evening I will periodically close my FR tab after doing baldwin and come back to check again to being logged out again.

Haven't tried extended play on FR this week to test since I usually do that on the weekend at home if I'm doing coli stuff. So whatever was done yesterday at least let me not have to clean the cookies to get onto FR period and let me capture the cookie number there. Also haven't sat on baldwin at home yet to see if it will log me off while I'm actively on the site.
@Mutron

It isn't happening at work, same browser only difference might be the version of Windows 10 and the computer itself. Same extensions.

What happens is I will come home from work and get on FR on my laptop and I was getting a 400 page until yesterday when I have begun getting a logged out page instead when I never logged out. So in the evening I will periodically close my FR tab after doing baldwin and come back to check again to being logged out again.

Haven't tried extended play on FR this week to test since I usually do that on the weekend at home if I'm doing coli stuff. So whatever was done yesterday at least let me not have to clean the cookies to get onto FR period and let me capture the cookie number there. Also haven't sat on baldwin at home yet to see if it will log me off while I'm actively on the site.
@Vark

Did you experience an issue just recently at approximately 10:29 Server Time? And if so what pages were you trying to view & what symptoms did you see?
@Vark

Did you experience an issue just recently at approximately 10:29 Server Time? And if so what pages were you trying to view & what symptoms did you see?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10