Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | 400 bad request error?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@clockworkMoose

Thanks for your update -- do you know about how many pages can you visit after clearing cookies before you get a 400? It seems like it is happening very rapidly for you.
@clockworkMoose

Thanks for your update -- do you know about how many pages can you visit after clearing cookies before you get a 400? It seems like it is happening very rapidly for you.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Im still experiencing the same issues on my end. i can try to provide information, too. Im really upset to be missing out so much on misjam rn with this.
Im still experiencing the same issues on my end. i can try to provide information, too. Im really upset to be missing out so much on misjam rn with this.
ZTnIVNJ.gif FbAeDb0.gif
@mutron - last night, I had 1 cookies when I opened a new tab to reddit. Once I closed that tab, the very next thing I did on FR was check my cookies number, so in that case, I went from 1 cookies to 4 in 1 page load after 45 minutes of inactivity. Then, I went to a different tab, clicked login, clicked the login button, and then did another cookie test, so that was 3 pages to go from 4 to 6 cookies. Then I copy pasted the screenshots into the forum post (without refreshing the page, it was just tab#3 already open) and clicked submit. Then went back, edited more info in. Then went back and edit more info in. So submit, edit, post, edit, post. Then I did a cookie test, and got the 400 edgar page. So, 5 page loads, and a 400 on the 6th. This morning: cleared chrome cookies, closed firefox. I have 2 chrome tabs open: this thread, and cookie test. Did a cookie test, not logged in immediately after clearing cookies. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/bd5e06832ac690e640533fc364093912.png[/img] clicked login button, logged in to homescreen, did a cookie test in the same tab. (3 page loads) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/0b83bb950df4b9063ec152c2cd0e3a0a.png[/img] Leaving chrome to sit on this thread page while I go acquire food. (0 page loads) Return from food. Laptop has turned off screen, but chrome is still up, on this thread page. The VERY NEXT THING i do is click on FR tab #2 where I have the cookie test and copy-paste the URL in. 1 page load. This is my result. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/2b89d810fafe1abb7b0d974f4119c0f1.png[/img] I click the "clear cookies" button, since it's not a 400 error yet! 1 page load. Here's my result. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/59c5c39e90a06d6e3e92ed05e016aa76.png[/img] I click login, put my info in, click login, I'm on homepage, I go to cookie test page. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/538ff0ee8712847af688495365c72d72.png[/img] Now I'm posting this. (1 page load. :P) (I have no idea if this is helpful or not, sorry!!) edit: oops, messed up img bbc code. Did a cookie test (1 cookie, no big numbers) and then clicked edit. Fixed bbc code and hit submit again.
@mutron - last night, I had 1 cookies when I opened a new tab to reddit. Once I closed that tab, the very next thing I did on FR was check my cookies number, so in that case, I went from 1 cookies to 4 in 1 page load after 45 minutes of inactivity. Then, I went to a different tab, clicked login, clicked the login button, and then did another cookie test, so that was 3 pages to go from 4 to 6 cookies. Then I copy pasted the screenshots into the forum post (without refreshing the page, it was just tab#3 already open) and clicked submit. Then went back, edited more info in. Then went back and edit more info in. So submit, edit, post, edit, post. Then I did a cookie test, and got the 400 edgar page. So, 5 page loads, and a 400 on the 6th.

This morning: cleared chrome cookies, closed firefox.
I have 2 chrome tabs open: this thread, and cookie test. Did a cookie test, not logged in immediately after clearing cookies.
bd5e06832ac690e640533fc364093912.png
clicked login button, logged in to homescreen, did a cookie test in the same tab. (3 page loads)
0b83bb950df4b9063ec152c2cd0e3a0a.png
Leaving chrome to sit on this thread page while I go acquire food. (0 page loads)
Return from food. Laptop has turned off screen, but chrome is still up, on this thread page.
The VERY NEXT THING i do is click on FR tab #2 where I have the cookie test and copy-paste the URL in. 1 page load. This is my result.
2b89d810fafe1abb7b0d974f4119c0f1.png
I click the "clear cookies" button, since it's not a 400 error yet! 1 page load. Here's my result.
59c5c39e90a06d6e3e92ed05e016aa76.png
I click login, put my info in, click login, I'm on homepage, I go to cookie test page.
538ff0ee8712847af688495365c72d72.png

Now I'm posting this. (1 page load. :P)
(I have no idea if this is helpful or not, sorry!!)

edit: oops, messed up img bbc code. Did a cookie test (1 cookie, no big numbers) and then clicked edit. Fixed bbc code and hit submit again.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
cookie test page immediately after suddenly getting logged out [img]https://i.imgur.com/okI6DQ5.png[/img] I'd just finished up in the coliseum, picked up a few items from festive favors, exalted a few dragons, bought a skin from the marketplace, and gone in and out of my hoard a few times in between here's the test page after clearing and logging back in: [img]https://i.imgur.com/3d1wBuI.png[/img] I'd actually just checked it just before leaving the coliseum too, and the page looked about like the second screenshot- the error occurred just a few minutes later thanks so much for your help! [b]edit:[/b] got kicked again just after posting, here's the test page immediately after: [img]https://i.imgur.com/50elokd.png[/img] I'd just gone to the fr home page and then changed tabs to check my google classroom stuff here's the page after clearing and logging back in [img]https://i.imgur.com/y7Z7its.png[/img]
cookie test page immediately after suddenly getting logged out
okI6DQ5.png
I'd just finished up in the coliseum, picked up a few items from festive favors, exalted a few dragons, bought a skin from the marketplace, and gone in and out of my hoard a few times in between

here's the test page after clearing and logging back in:
3d1wBuI.png

I'd actually just checked it just before leaving the coliseum too, and the page looked about like the second screenshot- the error occurred just a few minutes later

thanks so much for your help!

edit:

got kicked again just after posting, here's the test page immediately after:
50elokd.png
I'd just gone to the fr home page and then changed tabs to check my google classroom stuff

here's the page after clearing and logging back in
y7Z7its.png
5Ll7z9k.gif gntAsmi.gif JDmeCBp.png 7v3Oj4d.png
This has been happening to me for the past week or two in Google Chrome. I didn't know what was happening, but I got the 400 Error very suddenly and could not use any part of Flight Rising at all. I switched to Firefox, and while it is slow, I haven't received any 400 errors.

My version of Google Chrome is Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10. My computer is a laptop.

After I found this thread, last night I cleared my cookies in Google Chrome and Flight Rising worked fine for a while. Then, this morning, while attempting to write a post in Dragon Share, I noticed I wasn't able to bond with my dragons' familiars (I'd click the heart and nothing would happen), and then, when I tried to submit the post, I got a 400 error.

I'm going to try clearing cookies again and visit the cookie test page while in Google Chrome to see what happens.

I haven't been experiencing any forced logouts so far.

Edit: First, I clicked the direct link to the cookie test page:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 09:01:59
Logged In: Yes
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,436 bytes
Primary Login Cookie Size: 348 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 1

Then I went to see what it looked like for the copy-and-paste-the-link test page:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 09:03:13
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,652 bytes

Looks like I'm good at the moment, so I will keep playing throughout the day and check back in on the cookie test page to see what I can report.

Edit 2: Came on just now to play on Google Chrome and experienced a forced logout (at 11:00 FRT).

Checked on the cookie test page again. (I'm finding pages to be very slow to load; they initially fail after a few seconds of loading, and then are quick to reload.)

Once again, I first clicked on the link:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 11:03:35
Overall Cookie Header Size: 6,597 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 6

The cookie count is larger than one, so I cleared the auxiliary cookies. Here's what it looked like afterwards:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 11:05:05
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,660 bytes
Primary Login Cookie Size: 352 bytes

Then I copy-pasted the link provided into my browser. Here's what it looked like:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 11:05:45

Edit 3: Experienced another forced logout at 12:14 FRT.

Decided to check the cookie tester again.

The first time, clicking the link to the tester once more:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 12:15:18
Overall Cookie Header Size: 4,745 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 4

After clearing excess cookies:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 12:15:59

After copy-and-pasting the provided link into my browser:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 12:16:26

Edit 4: Experienced the first Error 404 page of the day just now while browsing the "sell materials" section of the AH. Cleared my browser's cookies and continued again no problem.

Edit 5: Had another forced login a few minutes ago. I think I'll be switching to incognito mode while I'm playing FR just to see if it works for me better, but if at any time more cookie tests are needed from me, just let me know; I'm happy to continue trying to keep playing as normal if it will help! <3
This has been happening to me for the past week or two in Google Chrome. I didn't know what was happening, but I got the 400 Error very suddenly and could not use any part of Flight Rising at all. I switched to Firefox, and while it is slow, I haven't received any 400 errors.

My version of Google Chrome is Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10. My computer is a laptop.

After I found this thread, last night I cleared my cookies in Google Chrome and Flight Rising worked fine for a while. Then, this morning, while attempting to write a post in Dragon Share, I noticed I wasn't able to bond with my dragons' familiars (I'd click the heart and nothing would happen), and then, when I tried to submit the post, I got a 400 error.

I'm going to try clearing cookies again and visit the cookie test page while in Google Chrome to see what happens.

I haven't been experiencing any forced logouts so far.

Edit: First, I clicked the direct link to the cookie test page:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 09:01:59
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,436 bytes

Then I went to see what it looked like for the copy-and-paste-the-link test page:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 09:03:13

Looks like I'm good at the moment, so I will keep playing throughout the day and check back in on the cookie test page to see what I can report.

Edit 2: Came on just now to play on Google Chrome and experienced a forced logout (at 11:00 FRT).

Checked on the cookie test page again. (I'm finding pages to be very slow to load; they initially fail after a few seconds of loading, and then are quick to reload.)

Once again, I first clicked on the link:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 11:03:35
Overall Cookie Header Size: 6,597 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 6

The cookie count is larger than one, so I cleared the auxiliary cookies. Here's what it looked like afterwards:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 11:05:05

Then I copy-pasted the link provided into my browser. Here's what it looked like:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 11:05:45

Edit 3: Experienced another forced logout at 12:14 FRT.

Decided to check the cookie tester again.

The first time, clicking the link to the tester once more:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 12:15:18
Overall Cookie Header Size: 4,745 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 4

After clearing excess cookies:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 12:15:59

After copy-and-pasting the provided link into my browser:

Timestamp: 2020-03-26 12:16:26

Edit 4: Experienced the first Error 404 page of the day just now while browsing the "sell materials" section of the AH. Cleared my browser's cookies and continued again no problem.

Edit 5: Had another forced login a few minutes ago. I think I'll be switching to incognito mode while I'm playing FR just to see if it works for me better, but if at any time more cookie tests are needed from me, just let me know; I'm happy to continue trying to keep playing as normal if it will help! <3
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
For anyone else having this issue, using an incognito tab is a quick fix to desktop browsing. When I get a chance I'll try to upload my own stats to help fix this. Where can I find them?
For anyone else having this issue, using an incognito tab is a quick fix to desktop browsing. When I get a chance I'll try to upload my own stats to help fix this. Where can I find them?
ZTnIVNJ.gif FbAeDb0.gif
[quote name="Kumatora" date="2020-03-26 12:43:52" ] For anyone else having this issue, using an incognito tab is a quick fix to desktop browsing. When I get a chance I'll try to upload my own stats to help fix this. Where can I find them? [/quote] @Kumatora Please see this post: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2834780/5#post_42681441
Kumatora wrote on 2020-03-26 12:43:52:

@Kumatora Please see this post: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2834780/5#post_42681441

Please continue browsing as normal and reporting anything that may be interesting. We have some additional tracing that may help us isolate exactly where the core issue is happening.
Please continue browsing as normal and reporting anything that may be interesting. We have some additional tracing that may help us isolate exactly where the core issue is happening.

I was unable to access the cookie page, so I cleared cookies and was [i]finally[/i] able to log in to get the screenshots! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Y6xt08D.jpg[/img][/center] This is what I got immediately after log in. Will update with info if I get a 400 again! edit: got logged out, but no 400. after getting logged out: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZdTTZQy.jpg[/img][/center] after clearing the excess cookie and logging back in: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/BHYD8Z1.jpg[/img][/center] (also got logged out editing this message.) edit 2: had to clear cookies after visiting about five pages and having the site open, idle for about two hours. had a 400 and was unable to log in or visit any www1 url again. after clearing cookies this time: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ghxK2s1.png[/img][/center]
I was unable to access the cookie page, so I cleared cookies and was finally able to log in to get the screenshots!
Y6xt08D.jpg
This is what I got immediately after log in. Will update with info if I get a 400 again!

edit: got logged out, but no 400.
after getting logged out:
ZdTTZQy.jpg

after clearing the excess cookie and logging back in:
BHYD8Z1.jpg

(also got logged out editing this message.)

edit 2: had to clear cookies after visiting about five pages and having the site open, idle for about two hours. had a 400 and was unable to log in or visit any www1 url again.

after clearing cookies this time:
ghxK2s1.png
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
Okay, it's not just me. I"m getting constant 400 Bad Request Errors.

The only solution I've been able to use is to constantly clear all my browser history/cache/cookies and flush my DNS. And then there's no guarantee it'll last.

I've had the error be gone for about 4 hours, or be back within 10 minutes. And FR is the only site it's happening on.

Info:
Win 10
Opera 67.0.3575.97
Personal Wifi / Tethered Hotspot / Home router (no change from any source)

Okay, it's not just me. I"m getting constant 400 Bad Request Errors.

The only solution I've been able to use is to constantly clear all my browser history/cache/cookies and flush my DNS. And then there's no guarantee it'll last.

I've had the error be gone for about 4 hours, or be back within 10 minutes. And FR is the only site it's happening on.

Info:
Win 10
Opera 67.0.3575.97
Personal Wifi / Tethered Hotspot / Home router (no change from any source)

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10