Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 79 80
This is why people scare me, man. They freak out over the littlest things. And this is NOT a zombie apocalypse people! Y'all will get well again, you ain't dead!!

/)_-;; /siigh

This is a point in time that I'm glad I work at a place that only has like...13 people. Everyone is healthy, but me. Who has the common flu, and was sent home on Thursday, and didn't even go in Friday because everyone is at least 15 years older than me, and nobody wanted to chance it.

I am freaking out a bit though, worrying that my two doctor appointments are going to be canceled on Monday. :< I really, REALLY need to see one of them, and the other needs to set me up with different appointments to figure out what is going on with me. Since I've had a sinus infection for over 3 months now. ._.;;

I also worry for my dad. He works in a hospital. (Well, multiple hospitals, just depends on the day.) He doesn't work around that many people, but still. He has to wear his badge just to get in now. /)_(\
This is why people scare me, man. They freak out over the littlest things. And this is NOT a zombie apocalypse people! Y'all will get well again, you ain't dead!!

/)_-;; /siigh

This is a point in time that I'm glad I work at a place that only has like...13 people. Everyone is healthy, but me. Who has the common flu, and was sent home on Thursday, and didn't even go in Friday because everyone is at least 15 years older than me, and nobody wanted to chance it.

I am freaking out a bit though, worrying that my two doctor appointments are going to be canceled on Monday. :< I really, REALLY need to see one of them, and the other needs to set me up with different appointments to figure out what is going on with me. Since I've had a sinus infection for over 3 months now. ._.;;

I also worry for my dad. He works in a hospital. (Well, multiple hospitals, just depends on the day.) He doesn't work around that many people, but still. He has to wear his badge just to get in now. /)_(\
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Spring break was extended by, like, a week or so, so I'm happy about that at least. I'm just trying to keep a level head about everything while still like... taking it as seriously as it is. Too bad my country is run by lunatics and half the population has literally no idea how pathogens spread. (for pete's sake, stop buying all the toilet paper and soap...!!!!)

I heard the city of Detroit has given everybody access to water just like that, even though its been a Thing over there that water bills are too high for people to afford. Wondering how long before the federal government caves and makes healthcare accessible during the outbreak.

And to those unaware, the quarantining and shutdowns is to prevent everybody from getting sick all at once, which would result in more deaths due to inability to handle all the cases, as opposed to slowing the rate of infection which eases the strain on medical facilities, etc. It is not just an arbitrary decision meant to impede your lives (though it does suck for students and workers). It isn't a non-threatening disease, something everybody can just get and recover from easily. The few of us who are at risk are still important to protect, and the rest of us should take the precautions necessary to reduce the spread of disease while the vaccine is being developed.
Spring break was extended by, like, a week or so, so I'm happy about that at least. I'm just trying to keep a level head about everything while still like... taking it as seriously as it is. Too bad my country is run by lunatics and half the population has literally no idea how pathogens spread. (for pete's sake, stop buying all the toilet paper and soap...!!!!)

I heard the city of Detroit has given everybody access to water just like that, even though its been a Thing over there that water bills are too high for people to afford. Wondering how long before the federal government caves and makes healthcare accessible during the outbreak.

And to those unaware, the quarantining and shutdowns is to prevent everybody from getting sick all at once, which would result in more deaths due to inability to handle all the cases, as opposed to slowing the rate of infection which eases the strain on medical facilities, etc. It is not just an arbitrary decision meant to impede your lives (though it does suck for students and workers). It isn't a non-threatening disease, something everybody can just get and recover from easily. The few of us who are at risk are still important to protect, and the rest of us should take the precautions necessary to reduce the spread of disease while the vaccine is being developed.
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2 | Earth symbol Lightning symbol
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips

__________________________________Gif of a boston terrier chewing gum
School is cancelled till at the very least April
Hasn't cancelled plans cause driving and staying far far away from large cities (as far as I can) and people ( not a carrier of the virus as far as I know and if I am then I can't be @ home anyways due to my family having immune comprised members)

As much as this is going on there is a lot of hysteria in it as well with the over stocking of food+to let paper
Some stores near me are cleaned out

It's in my town, also I live an hour away from a huge city and international airport.
School is cancelled till at the very least April
Hasn't cancelled plans cause driving and staying far far away from large cities (as far as I can) and people ( not a carrier of the virus as far as I know and if I am then I can't be @ home anyways due to my family having immune comprised members)

As much as this is going on there is a lot of hysteria in it as well with the over stocking of food+to let paper
Some stores near me are cleaned out

It's in my town, also I live an hour away from a huge city and international airport.
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
rural British Columbian here, hasn't really affected us much other than I had to go to a cleaning supply store to get toilet paper because we were actually running out when people went crazy, and my family's just limiting our outings because we do have some family with pre-existing conditions. my boyfriend's angry he can't come over because I can't get it into his head it's better this way. he thinks it's useless and stupid, and while it may be a little overreacting it's better than him getting it, spreading it to my grandparents and being indirectly responsible for possibly killing them. he keeps texting stuff like he's trying to guilt trip me into changing my father's mind or insulting him for his choice and I hate it. I really need to get that across to him and make him understand that it's not only inconveniencing him, so don't get all crabby with me.

I'd suspect maybe two weeks it'll peak and then start dying down in the States. Canada I'm not so sure.
rural British Columbian here, hasn't really affected us much other than I had to go to a cleaning supply store to get toilet paper because we were actually running out when people went crazy, and my family's just limiting our outings because we do have some family with pre-existing conditions. my boyfriend's angry he can't come over because I can't get it into his head it's better this way. he thinks it's useless and stupid, and while it may be a little overreacting it's better than him getting it, spreading it to my grandparents and being indirectly responsible for possibly killing them. he keeps texting stuff like he's trying to guilt trip me into changing my father's mind or insulting him for his choice and I hate it. I really need to get that across to him and make him understand that it's not only inconveniencing him, so don't get all crabby with me.

I'd suspect maybe two weeks it'll peak and then start dying down in the States. Canada I'm not so sure.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
@LieutenantCoen Fully no offense but ur bf needs to understand how disease spreads. That kinda attitude is lowkey dangerous
@LieutenantCoen Fully no offense but ur bf needs to understand how disease spreads. That kinda attitude is lowkey dangerous
yPXQqTN.png
My mother went to the grocery store yesterday and holy crap was it insane. I only dropped her off, but things were being striped off the shelf. No disinfectant or anything. These people have literally cleared everything out and all we needed were a few things. BJs was no different.

It sucks because I'm supposed to travel to Canada next week to visit a friend and I was unsure for a while. I've gotten a bunch of gloves and a couple of medical masks. Airlines and Airports are at least trying to keep things clean... but then again that jerk who fly on a JetBlue flight while knowingly having the virus is the reason I don't trust people. The trip was planned a while ago, so I'm still unsure. The good news is that Delta won't slap a fee on me if I do have to change it.
My mother went to the grocery store yesterday and holy crap was it insane. I only dropped her off, but things were being striped off the shelf. No disinfectant or anything. These people have literally cleared everything out and all we needed were a few things. BJs was no different.

It sucks because I'm supposed to travel to Canada next week to visit a friend and I was unsure for a while. I've gotten a bunch of gloves and a couple of medical masks. Airlines and Airports are at least trying to keep things clean... but then again that jerk who fly on a JetBlue flight while knowingly having the virus is the reason I don't trust people. The trip was planned a while ago, so I'm still unsure. The good news is that Delta won't slap a fee on me if I do have to change it.
I am certified Overwatch, Warrior Cats, Wings of Fire, LoL, WoW, Pokemon, and Dragon Age trash. Feel free to PM if you want to chat about anything!
@CoyoteGum yeah I've been trying to tell him that even if he doesn't care for himself, he should care for his grandparents and especially his mother, who just had surgery last month. oh well, maybe I'll be able to talk him down, but he is stubborn.
@CoyoteGum yeah I've been trying to tell him that even if he doesn't care for himself, he should care for his grandparents and especially his mother, who just had surgery last month. oh well, maybe I'll be able to talk him down, but he is stubborn.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
I was going to go to a convention today, but my parents didn't think it was a good idea so I didn't, I was really looking forward to it but health comes first

Good thing theres a few more cons later in the year!
I was going to go to a convention today, but my parents didn't think it was a good idea so I didn't, I was really looking forward to it but health comes first

Good thing theres a few more cons later in the year!
Graffinn
FR+17
PVehrz5.png
ACOZFAh.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLore
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPlans
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt-Shop [WIP]
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
School in my school district has been cancelled until further notice. This is pretty damn crazy
School in my school district has been cancelled until further notice. This is pretty damn crazy
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
Wild guess, it’ll probably last for a few more months, maybe ending around late spring(at best)-mid summer. It was pretty bad initially since it sprung up so suddenly(and still is), but now we at least kind of know what we are dealing with, so that’s a plus.
The best thing to do is to remain calm and cautious and just take measures. And don’t be like that one lady who bought a whole cartload of hand sanitizer to sell online for marked up prices. That’s not cool.
Wild guess, it’ll probably last for a few more months, maybe ending around late spring(at best)-mid summer. It was pretty bad initially since it sprung up so suddenly(and still is), but now we at least kind of know what we are dealing with, so that’s a plus.
The best thing to do is to remain calm and cautious and just take measures. And don’t be like that one lady who bought a whole cartload of hand sanitizer to sell online for marked up prices. That’s not cool.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 79 80