Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | 'Cancel' button on dragon naming box
1 2
Because right now the only way to close the box is to refresh the page, which is annoying on desktop and likely even more so on mobile. I often go through sessions of hitting 'randomize' on dragons I can't think of a name for, but I end up hitting f5 many times because the box makes my eyes go funny*. A 'cancel' button would be nice.

* Not sure why, I think it's the contrast of the white box on the dimmed background?
Because right now the only way to close the box is to refresh the page, which is annoying on desktop and likely even more so on mobile. I often go through sessions of hitting 'randomize' on dragons I can't think of a name for, but I end up hitting f5 many times because the box makes my eyes go funny*. A 'cancel' button would be nice.

* Not sure why, I think it's the contrast of the white box on the dimmed background?
[quote name=@GrandKarkistIon" date="2020-03-08 14:52:24" ] Because right now the only way to close the box is to refresh the page, which is annoying on desktop and likely even more so on mobile. I often go through sessions of hitting 'randomize' on dragons I can't think of a name for, but I end up hitting f5 many times because the box makes my eyes go funny*. A 'cancel' button would be nice. * Not sure why, I think it's the contrast of the white box on the dimmed background? [/quote] There actually is a cancel button, it is just invisible. *sigh* (not sighing at you, just that this hasn't been fixed). I do not know if this applies to renaming a dragon that is already named, but it does for naming an unnamed dragon. At the very top right corner of the popup box, there is a small box that when hovered over, it will hightlight. This is the 'cancel' button (actually the x that will close out most popups on FR). Like many other popup boxes that don't have 'cancel' or 'x' on them, it actually does, you just have to know it is there or get lucky and find it.
@GrandKarkistIon" date="2020-03-08 wrote:

There actually is a cancel button, it is just invisible. *sigh* (not sighing at you, just that this hasn't been fixed).

I do not know if this applies to renaming a dragon that is already named, but it does for naming an unnamed dragon.

At the very top right corner of the popup box, there is a small box that when hovered over, it will hightlight. This is the 'cancel' button (actually the x that will close out most popups on FR). Like many other popup boxes that don't have 'cancel' or 'x' on them, it actually does, you just have to know it is there or get lucky and find it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
...Huh? There's an X button visible at the top-right corner of the box, though?

Or is this suggestion talking about something else?

[quote name="RandyPandy" date="2020-03-08 15:30:17" ] ...Huh? There's an X button visible at the top-right corner of the box, though? Or is this suggestion talking about something else? [/quote] I'm looking at the box right now and there's no x visible in the top right corner. Even when I go to hover over it as the previous poster suggested there's just a grey box. No x.
RandyPandy wrote on 2020-03-08 15:30:17:

I'm looking at the box right now and there's no x visible in the top right corner. Even when I go to hover over it as the previous poster suggested there's just a grey box. No x.
the button isn't visible. I said it was invisible. You just click the blank space in the top right corner. As I said, I don't know if there is one on the 'rename' a dragon box, because I am not sure I have a renaming scroll to test it, but there is one on the 'name' dragon box (from unnamed), because I just went and tested it, and canceled the box without having to reload the page.

The box itself highlights, at least on my computer in firefox, and you click that little box. Like many other popups on site, you can actually get out of them without refreshing the page, you just have to know where that invisible 'x' is
the button isn't visible. I said it was invisible. You just click the blank space in the top right corner. As I said, I don't know if there is one on the 'rename' a dragon box, because I am not sure I have a renaming scroll to test it, but there is one on the 'name' dragon box (from unnamed), because I just went and tested it, and canceled the box without having to reload the page.

The box itself highlights, at least on my computer in firefox, and you click that little box. Like many other popups on site, you can actually get out of them without refreshing the page, you just have to know where that invisible 'x' is

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[img]https://imgur.com/1Vc8Tst.png[/img] See the little square that has a border on the bottom picture? click that area and the popup will close.
1Vc8Tst.png

See the little square that has a border on the bottom picture? click that area and the popup will close.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8szdcCf.png[/img] Checked one of my unnamed dragons and it looks perfectly normal to me... Maybe there's an issue with the browser you guys are using?
8szdcCf.png

Checked one of my unnamed dragons and it looks perfectly normal to me... Maybe there's an issue with the browser you guys are using?
It could be, though in all the times I have seen these suggestions/complaints (it has been brought up before, usually about skins/apparel/message boxes) I have never seen anyone mention that they had visible x's, so it probably is yet another 'one browser works, the other thumbs its nose at you' type deal.
It could be, though in all the times I have seen these suggestions/complaints (it has been brought up before, usually about skins/apparel/message boxes) I have never seen anyone mention that they had visible x's, so it probably is yet another 'one browser works, the other thumbs its nose at you' type deal.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
Huh, I have visible x's for names as well— I had to go double check because I definitely remember having to click invisibly at the top right corner at some point, but I used to use a different browser, so that must have been it.
Huh, I have visible x's for names as well— I had to go double check because I definitely remember having to click invisibly at the top right corner at some point, but I used to use a different browser, so that must have been it.
it must be a firefox issue, because I have always used firefox, and they have always been invisible for me. I accidentally found the box by moving my cursor over it, and clicking it. Before I thought you had to refresh all the time as well.
it must be a firefox issue, because I have always used firefox, and they have always been invisible for me. I accidentally found the box by moving my cursor over it, and clicking it. Before I thought you had to refresh all the time as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2