Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
[center][permalink][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/banner_whosagoodchipskinkandnoggleandrocandwebwingand.png[/img][/permalink][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/trading/fantastic-familiars][b]Fiona[/b][/url] and her colorful menagerie have settled into the [b]Trading Post[/b], and she needs all the help she can get. [b]Make friends[/b] with hundreds of familiars and [b]complete tasks to earn rewards[/b]. [center][permalink][b]Click here to learn more about today's update.[/b][/permalink][/center] [more] -------------- [i](NOTE: Much of this information was available in our last [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2812270][b]Developer Update[/b][/url])[/i] [b][size=5]Fiona's Fantastic Familiars[/size][/b] The newest neighbor in the Trading Post, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/trading/fantastic-familiars][b]Fiona[/b][/url], is an overconfident caregiver. She's befriended just about every familiar there is, but found herself [i]maybe[/i] just a little bit in over her head caring for their every need. That's where you come in! Stop by and lend a claw by visiting with her feisty flock by participating in two types of activities: [b]Feats[/b] & [b]Flattery[/b]. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_wouldyoujustlookatallthesecuties.png[/img][/center] [b][size=4]Feats[/size][/b] Feats are [b]familiar-themed tasks[/b] that focus on the act of [b]reaching bonding level milestones with certain familiars to earn a special reward[/b]. Once the required milestones have been reached Fiona will allow you to claim a prize, which will generally consist of treasure rewards or in some cases, a special [b]recolored version of the familiar type[/b] in the Feat. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_recoloredfamiliarexamples.png[/img][/center] Feats will have varying degrees of difficulty (they may not all require the familiars to be Awakened or they may require progress with a lot more familiars) and typically grant rewards that correspond to how tough they are to complete. With today's launch, we have a number of [b]feats[/b] available, and we plan to expand them over time to provide many possible ways of earning rewards. [b][size=4]Flattery[/size][/b] When you visit the [b]Flattery[/b] page each day, you'll be met with [b]eight random familiars[/b], but the feature will generally [b]prioritize familiars that you don't own, are not Awakened, or a combination of the two[/b]. While these familiars belong to Fiona, [b]they share the bond level progress you have earned with yours[/b]. Because she's got so many to tend to, she's more than happy to have your assistance in providing some attention to them. What makes this page interesting is that [b]interacting with [i]these[/i] familiars performs the same function as bonding with them on a dragon's profile[/b]... whether or not you actually own the familiar or have it paired to a dragon in your lair! This might be a little confusing at first, so we'll break it down a bit further: [LIST] [*][b]If a familiar is one you currently own and have paired to a dragon[/b], interacting with it here will perform the normal bond function as if you had done it from the paired dragon's profile. [*][b]If a familiar is one you currently don't own[/b], interacting with it here will perform a normal bond function, granting you bond level progress for that familiar family without needing to have the item at all. If you were to obtain the familiar as an item later, that progress would be retained. [/LIST] [b][i]As an added bonus[/i][/b]: If a familiar on this page is one you currently own and have paired to a dragon, Fiona will grant you [b]double the normal treasure[/b] when you interact with it! Think of it kind of like the daily Exalt Bonus, but for familiars! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_poodlemithbond.png[/img][/center] The goal of the Flattery page is to allow more of our community the ability to [b]incrementally increase their bond level with familiars they may not have the ability to acquire[/b] (either through time investment, treasure, gems, or familiar exclusivity/retirement). This serves a double purpose: allowing everyone to make more progress toward feats that may feature those missing familiars, and providing another method of "filling out" the Bestiary. [size=2][i]NOTE: The act of interacting with familiars you don't own at Fiona's Fantastic Familiars [b]will not give you the corresponding familiar item[/b], and it will not fulfill the criteria necessary to give the familiar a special background in the Bestiary once you have reached the Awakened bond level with it. In order to earn the special background, you will still need to both achieve its Awakened bond level and to somehow acquire/have the familiar item.[/i][/size]
banner_whosagoodchipskinkandnoggleandrocandwebwingand.png

Fiona and her colorful menagerie have settled into the Trading Post, and she needs all the help she can get. Make friends with hundreds of familiars and complete tasks to earn rewards.

(NOTE: Much of this information was available in our last Developer Update)

Fiona's Fantastic Familiars

The newest neighbor in the Trading Post, Fiona, is an overconfident caregiver. She's befriended just about every familiar there is, but found herself maybe just a little bit in over her head caring for their every need. That's where you come in! Stop by and lend a claw by visiting with her feisty flock by participating in two types of activities: Feats & Flattery.

prev_wouldyoujustlookatallthesecuties.png

Feats

Feats are familiar-themed tasks that focus on the act of reaching bonding level milestones with certain familiars to earn a special reward. Once the required milestones have been reached Fiona will allow you to claim a prize, which will generally consist of treasure rewards or in some cases, a special recolored version of the familiar type in the Feat.

prev_recoloredfamiliarexamples.png

Feats will have varying degrees of difficulty (they may not all require the familiars to be Awakened or they may require progress with a lot more familiars) and typically grant rewards that correspond to how tough they are to complete.

With today's launch, we have a number of feats available, and we plan to expand them over time to provide many possible ways of earning rewards.

Flattery

When you visit the Flattery page each day, you'll be met with eight random familiars, but the feature will generally prioritize familiars that you don't own, are not Awakened, or a combination of the two. While these familiars belong to Fiona, they share the bond level progress you have earned with yours. Because she's got so many to tend to, she's more than happy to have your assistance in providing some attention to them.

What makes this page interesting is that interacting with these familiars performs the same function as bonding with them on a dragon's profile... whether or not you actually own the familiar or have it paired to a dragon in your lair! This might be a little confusing at first, so we'll break it down a bit further:
  • If a familiar is one you currently own and have paired to a dragon, interacting with it here will perform the normal bond function as if you had done it from the paired dragon's profile.
  • If a familiar is one you currently don't own, interacting with it here will perform a normal bond function, granting you bond level progress for that familiar family without needing to have the item at all. If you were to obtain the familiar as an item later, that progress would be retained.
As an added bonus: If a familiar on this page is one you currently own and have paired to a dragon, Fiona will grant you double the normal treasure when you interact with it! Think of it kind of like the daily Exalt Bonus, but for familiars!

prev_poodlemithbond.png

The goal of the Flattery page is to allow more of our community the ability to incrementally increase their bond level with familiars they may not have the ability to acquire (either through time investment, treasure, gems, or familiar exclusivity/retirement). This serves a double purpose: allowing everyone to make more progress toward feats that may feature those missing familiars, and providing another method of "filling out" the Bestiary.

NOTE: The act of interacting with familiars you don't own at Fiona's Fantastic Familiars will not give you the corresponding familiar item, and it will not fulfill the criteria necessary to give the familiar a special background in the Bestiary once you have reached the Awakened bond level with it. In order to earn the special background, you will still need to both achieve its Awakened bond level and to somehow acquire/have the familiar item.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Hello everyone! When replying to this thread, take care to stay on topic. If you have any suggestions, please remember to post them in our Suggestions Forum!

An additional note: We confirmed when we previewed Fiona that yes, she is trans. Comments that are negative in nature or are meant to derail the thread will not be tolerated.
Hello everyone! When replying to this thread, take care to stay on topic. If you have any suggestions, please remember to post them in our Suggestions Forum!

An additional note: We confirmed when we previewed Fiona that yes, she is trans. Comments that are negative in nature or are meant to derail the thread will not be tolerated.
I am excited to see Fiona make her debut. Can't wait to collect all the exclusive recolours
I am excited to see Fiona make her debut. Can't wait to collect all the exclusive recolours
OH??

(edit: refreshes FR to ebb the pain of working at my job, sees familiars update, gets excited, types brief comment, confused to see Gaia above mine -> "OH WE'RE FIRST??" LOL... anyway thank y'all for such a great quality of life update!!! <3 much appreciated!!)
OH??

(edit: refreshes FR to ebb the pain of working at my job, sees familiars update, gets excited, types brief comment, confused to see Gaia above mine -> "OH WE'RE FIRST??" LOL... anyway thank y'all for such a great quality of life update!!! <3 much appreciated!!)
nC079FU.gif
FObX7rS.png
TO5f5vS.png
QUIpVFE.png
Al1BEGR.png
b1d9d7038ed5f6df160810683bbdaaad19236e65.png
SHES HERE
SHES HERE
YUDrFCG.png
she's here!
she's here!
icer.png
tumblr_obr63aahzN1u8dluzo5_r1_400.png

+9h ahead of server time

my accent shop
my bio resources
icel.png
Ahhh!

I've been bonding with all of my unawakened familiars in preparation. I've only had the time to get to companion, but I was still able to complete most of the quests.
Ahhh!

I've been bonding with all of my unawakened familiars in preparation. I've only had the time to get to companion, but I was still able to complete most of the quests.
finally!
finally!
Oh my god?
Oh my god?
Fletcher|He/Him|
Redwalk.gif
BABY
BABY
O5nA62f.pngDCd1YMi.png
they/them (21)
dragons make my brain go brrrrr
I love writing lore...