Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Is it smart to move from Samsung to Ap-
1 2
Is it smart to move from Samsung to Apple?

I've always had Samsung phones before, but wanted to try an Apple for my next phone, tbh...

Is it smart? I heard that Apple can be hard to get used to if you've always had a Samsung, and the other way around.
Is it smart to move from Samsung to Apple?

I've always had Samsung phones before, but wanted to try an Apple for my next phone, tbh...

Is it smart? I heard that Apple can be hard to get used to if you've always had a Samsung, and the other way around.
ePOliyb.png JrEJc4j.png
0HBKL8H.png LGvol4P.png
qeWy3Ik.png cdqdRxL.png

Find my Wishlist here!
I mean, if you want to, go for it!

I moved from an iPhone to a Huawei p30 pro. It was honestly not that bad of a transition, really. I feel like iOS is more 'simple' than Android, but i still prefer Android.
I mean, if you want to, go for it!

I moved from an iPhone to a Huawei p30 pro. It was honestly not that bad of a transition, really. I feel like iOS is more 'simple' than Android, but i still prefer Android.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
I had one Iphone, and I've said I'd never get another one.

You have to get used to SO many differences between the two. Now I'm not saying all are bad, and are hard to get used to. But for me, I couldn't deal with the Itunes. Or the whole Iphone app store, with it only allowing things to come through certain ways. Like with an Iphone, it isn't as simple as just copying and pasting your songs onto your phone. You have to go through Itunes. Certain things can only be done in specific apps instead of just knowing your phone can do it automatically.

It's a lot to get used to, I believe. I would find a friend/family member first who has an Apple, just to see what it's like before being stuck with one for two years.
I had one Iphone, and I've said I'd never get another one.

You have to get used to SO many differences between the two. Now I'm not saying all are bad, and are hard to get used to. But for me, I couldn't deal with the Itunes. Or the whole Iphone app store, with it only allowing things to come through certain ways. Like with an Iphone, it isn't as simple as just copying and pasting your songs onto your phone. You have to go through Itunes. Certain things can only be done in specific apps instead of just knowing your phone can do it automatically.

It's a lot to get used to, I believe. I would find a friend/family member first who has an Apple, just to see what it's like before being stuck with one for two years.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
It depends on how you plan to use the device. Although Apple products only work with other Apple products (iTunes being an example) you have fewer issues from less compatible apps in general. I think the app store for Apple is a bit safer as well. It costs more money to make apps for Apple due to licensing.

I've had some funky stuff between Google contacts and Apple contacts, same with calendars, but that hasn't been so bad that I've been turned away from iPhone.

Teaching older people how to use smartphones, it has almost always been easier for people to learn Apple as they are pretty consistent from device to device. It is different from non-Apple products, obviously, but from scratch, Apple is a bit simpler to use.
It depends on how you plan to use the device. Although Apple products only work with other Apple products (iTunes being an example) you have fewer issues from less compatible apps in general. I think the app store for Apple is a bit safer as well. It costs more money to make apps for Apple due to licensing.

I've had some funky stuff between Google contacts and Apple contacts, same with calendars, but that hasn't been so bad that I've been turned away from iPhone.

Teaching older people how to use smartphones, it has almost always been easier for people to learn Apple as they are pretty consistent from device to device. It is different from non-Apple products, obviously, but from scratch, Apple is a bit simpler to use.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@Cerpyn I've had almost every brand of phone and I can tell you it really doesn't matter what you get, they're all basically the same thing with a slightly different interface. I've had an iPhone and I liked it, but the ONE thing about apple I HATE is freaking iTunes. Idk if this will apply to you or not...but I remember it being really complicated to rip music off of a CD and import to iTunes, which is the only way you can put music on your iPhone (as far as I'm aware.) But all in all, it just depends on what you prefer. Apple's main selling point is the aesthetics of their devices and the camera, so if you care about how your phone looks and want a good camera, go Apple. I have a Samsung currently, and I like both systems, so I don't think it would be a "hard switch" or anything.

edit: when I say put music on your phone, I mean like actually saving it to the device's storage so you can access it offline.
@Cerpyn I've had almost every brand of phone and I can tell you it really doesn't matter what you get, they're all basically the same thing with a slightly different interface. I've had an iPhone and I liked it, but the ONE thing about apple I HATE is freaking iTunes. Idk if this will apply to you or not...but I remember it being really complicated to rip music off of a CD and import to iTunes, which is the only way you can put music on your iPhone (as far as I'm aware.) But all in all, it just depends on what you prefer. Apple's main selling point is the aesthetics of their devices and the camera, so if you care about how your phone looks and want a good camera, go Apple. I have a Samsung currently, and I like both systems, so I don't think it would be a "hard switch" or anything.

edit: when I say put music on your phone, I mean like actually saving it to the device's storage so you can access it offline.
man door hand hook car door
well do you have the money to get an iphone bc that's mostly what's preventing me from switching to apple

that and you have to rebuy every apple accessory each time you upgrade and also all the national news headlines horrible apple bugs make
well do you have the money to get an iphone bc that's mostly what's preventing me from switching to apple

that and you have to rebuy every apple accessory each time you upgrade and also all the national news headlines horrible apple bugs make
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
@Saturnalius
Oop. I think iTunes is gonna be a pretty big thing for me then. I listen to music on my phone so... SO much. Aren't there any other apps for Apple that just allows you to download music on your phone?

Or I could probably use the offline version of Spotify, but I often listen to songs that are most likely not on Spotify. Such as remixes and stuff on YouTube. On my Samsung it's pretty easy to just copy the link and download it onto your Play Music.

The reason I want to get an Apple is because of the aesthetics, too. And I'm also curious about the apps that are in the App Store, etc. But the thing that now holds me back is iTunes, honestly. XD
@Saturnalius
Oop. I think iTunes is gonna be a pretty big thing for me then. I listen to music on my phone so... SO much. Aren't there any other apps for Apple that just allows you to download music on your phone?

Or I could probably use the offline version of Spotify, but I often listen to songs that are most likely not on Spotify. Such as remixes and stuff on YouTube. On my Samsung it's pretty easy to just copy the link and download it onto your Play Music.

The reason I want to get an Apple is because of the aesthetics, too. And I'm also curious about the apps that are in the App Store, etc. But the thing that now holds me back is iTunes, honestly. XD
ePOliyb.png JrEJc4j.png
0HBKL8H.png LGvol4P.png
qeWy3Ik.png cdqdRxL.png

Find my Wishlist here!
@Ollieshark
Yeah- iPhones are expensive, but if I were to save up I could get me one.

And heck, seriously? I'm not certain if I'd take any other Apple accessories, though.
@Ollieshark
Yeah- iPhones are expensive, but if I were to save up I could get me one.

And heck, seriously? I'm not certain if I'd take any other Apple accessories, though.
ePOliyb.png JrEJc4j.png
0HBKL8H.png LGvol4P.png
qeWy3Ik.png cdqdRxL.png

Find my Wishlist here!
@Cerpyn

I use Samsung phones, which are the best phones in my opinion. They're really easy to use, while Apple has some of its own features that make it harder to use. And pricey as well. I laugh at it since who wants to waste $1k on a phone when you get one for about $250 that had most of the same features? Samsungs are also really smart, so if I were you I would keep using Samsung, but if you really want to try Apple then go for it.
@Cerpyn

I use Samsung phones, which are the best phones in my opinion. They're really easy to use, while Apple has some of its own features that make it harder to use. And pricey as well. I laugh at it since who wants to waste $1k on a phone when you get one for about $250 that had most of the same features? Samsungs are also really smart, so if I were you I would keep using Samsung, but if you really want to try Apple then go for it.
RAQUESIS
she/her | infj-t | fr+0 | xxx breeder
XXX DRAGONS FOR SALE HERE
If you get an iPhone to listen to music, I really recommend Apple Music. It's a godsend. It's $10 USD a month, yeah, and I hate subscription services as much as the next guy, but it's seriously the best thing for any music lover. You wanna listen to Tame Impala? Okay, here's all of his music and his newest album. You wanna listen to Snow Patrol? Sure, go for it. Xavier Rudd? They got that too. It's so wonderful for those weird moments when I'm like "I don't listen to metal but I feel like some Iron Maiden right now" and just instantly being able to pull up all of their songs. No ads, nothing. So, SO worth it if you're as big of a music person as me. Apple Music also has interviews, music videos, and even sports radio if you're into that. However, I don't know how it compares to Spotify Premium.

Additionally, if you have Shazam (which is an app that you can use to identify a song you hear when you're out and about), it automatically adds all your Shazam'd songs into a playlist for you.

I've used Apple products all my life thanks to my very brand-loyal dad so I'm definitely super biased. But DO NOT feel pressured to get the stupid-looking phones with the two or three cameras unless you're a photographer or videographer. I've got an iPhone 7 (which is like three years old now) and it serves my purposes perfectly. Changing OS will be jarring no matter what, but you'll get used to it if you stick with it.

Again, I cannot recommend Apple Music enough. You don't need to worry about iTunes with it.

But, like all tech companies, Apple likes to make you feel like you need to buy the newest thing but that's just a lie. Get what you want, not what they tell you you want. Ignore my biased wall of text and come to your own conclusions :)
If you get an iPhone to listen to music, I really recommend Apple Music. It's a godsend. It's $10 USD a month, yeah, and I hate subscription services as much as the next guy, but it's seriously the best thing for any music lover. You wanna listen to Tame Impala? Okay, here's all of his music and his newest album. You wanna listen to Snow Patrol? Sure, go for it. Xavier Rudd? They got that too. It's so wonderful for those weird moments when I'm like "I don't listen to metal but I feel like some Iron Maiden right now" and just instantly being able to pull up all of their songs. No ads, nothing. So, SO worth it if you're as big of a music person as me. Apple Music also has interviews, music videos, and even sports radio if you're into that. However, I don't know how it compares to Spotify Premium.

Additionally, if you have Shazam (which is an app that you can use to identify a song you hear when you're out and about), it automatically adds all your Shazam'd songs into a playlist for you.

I've used Apple products all my life thanks to my very brand-loyal dad so I'm definitely super biased. But DO NOT feel pressured to get the stupid-looking phones with the two or three cameras unless you're a photographer or videographer. I've got an iPhone 7 (which is like three years old now) and it serves my purposes perfectly. Changing OS will be jarring no matter what, but you'll get used to it if you stick with it.

Again, I cannot recommend Apple Music enough. You don't need to worry about iTunes with it.

But, like all tech companies, Apple likes to make you feel like you need to buy the newest thing but that's just a lie. Get what you want, not what they tell you you want. Ignore my biased wall of text and come to your own conclusions :)
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
1 2