Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 76 77
Excited to see Fiona and the new breed eventually! I've been hoping for a little something more to make Familiar interactions more worth it. :)
Excited to see Fiona and the new breed eventually! I've been hoping for a little something more to make Familiar interactions more worth it. :)
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
BRO I LOVE THIS
BRO I LOVE THIS
@Xhaztol
Hi there,
I don't usually make comments on these updates so I hope this is OK. I just wanted to ask if you bond with a familiar you don't own, for example a Light Sprite, to an awakened level, will it appear in your Discovered familiars tab or remain in the undiscovered tab (I read that it won't get the special background)?
I do hope this is the case. I am sure I am not the only familiar collector who started playing after it became practically impossible to get the first few limited familiars, and it would be great if this were an opportunity to at least add them to the discovered list.
In any case, thanks for doing this, I think adding some activity which includes familiars is great and I look forward to it!
@Xhaztol
Hi there,
I don't usually make comments on these updates so I hope this is OK. I just wanted to ask if you bond with a familiar you don't own, for example a Light Sprite, to an awakened level, will it appear in your Discovered familiars tab or remain in the undiscovered tab (I read that it won't get the special background)?
I do hope this is the case. I am sure I am not the only familiar collector who started playing after it became practically impossible to get the first few limited familiars, and it would be great if this were an opportunity to at least add them to the discovered list.
In any case, thanks for doing this, I think adding some activity which includes familiars is great and I look forward to it!
violet2_by_ccow91-db4mu65.jpg Yr0dYV1.png
I already love Fiona[emoji=familiar heart size=1] very exciting[emoji=banescale star size=1]
I already love Fiona very exciting
yuiOaD2.png
[quote name="@Litoriadraconis" date="2020-01-24 23:19:28" ] @/Xhaztol Hi there, I don't usually make comments on these updates so I hope this is OK. I just wanted to ask if you bond with a familiar you don't own, for example a Light Sprite, to an awakened level, will it appear in your Discovered familiars tab or remain in the undiscovered tab (I read that it won't get the special background)? I do hope this is the case. I am sure I am not the only familiar collector who started playing after it became practically impossible to get the first few limited familiars, and it would be great if this were an opportunity to at least add them to the discovered list. In any case, thanks for doing this, I think adding some activity which includes familiars is great and I look forward to it! [/quote] Once a familiar is bonded to Awakened, it appears in your Discovered tab whether you own it or not! I don't think familiars bonded through Fiona would be any different.
@Litoriadraconis wrote on 2020-01-24 23:19:28:
@/Xhaztol
Hi there,
Once a familiar is bonded to Awakened, it appears in your Discovered tab whether you own it or not! I don't think familiars bonded through Fiona would be any different.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@LadyoftheDragons Oh! I didn't even consider stained. Teal/Sunset/Flaxen: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=18&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=12&winggene=42&wings=172&auth=cdb8d381fdb110e1f826ae4fb40c61964ef072d1&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Teal/Sunset/Cream: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=18&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=12&winggene=42&wings=46&auth=5692bb74a7a6fd36584c87675abbd6e5759c67e7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Out of the two options I think I prefer the creme... maybe use an accent to get the brightness of the wings back.
@LadyoftheDragons Oh! I didn't even consider stained.
Teal/Sunset/Flaxen:
dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=18&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=12&winggene=42&wings=172&auth=cdb8d381fdb110e1f826ae4fb40c61964ef072d1&dummyext=prev.png

Teal/Sunset/Cream:
dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=18&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=12&winggene=42&wings=46&auth=5692bb74a7a6fd36584c87675abbd6e5759c67e7&dummyext=prev.png

Out of the two options I think I prefer the creme... maybe use an accent to get the brightness of the wings back.
Formerly Malis: Malis.png singerrune.png
Like a phoenix,
I will rise!
You can never keep me down!
Rynn.png
all I can think when I see 'fiona' is SHREK asfdsgahsgjfdkg
all I can think when I see 'fiona' is SHREK asfdsgahsgjfdkg
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
I love Fiona! And more importantly, I love her stand lol. I'm not too big into fams, so I may never use it, but who knows, maybe it'll get me more into fams!

Also yay new modern breed! One question tho: what exactly does 70% mean? Like, what's the actual rate at which the apparel is being redrawn? 70% can mean a lot of different things depending upon the rate at which they're being completed. It kinda opens up the possibility of a lot of confusion and false expectations as well. Should we expect a new breed before the end of the year? Mid next year? 2 years? 3 years? I understand not wanting to give an exact time, but I think this is going to give people a lot of false hope. But I guess that is kinda inevitable given these kinds of updates ^^
I love Fiona! And more importantly, I love her stand lol. I'm not too big into fams, so I may never use it, but who knows, maybe it'll get me more into fams!

Also yay new modern breed! One question tho: what exactly does 70% mean? Like, what's the actual rate at which the apparel is being redrawn? 70% can mean a lot of different things depending upon the rate at which they're being completed. It kinda opens up the possibility of a lot of confusion and false expectations as well. Should we expect a new breed before the end of the year? Mid next year? 2 years? 3 years? I understand not wanting to give an exact time, but I think this is going to give people a lot of false hope. But I guess that is kinda inevitable given these kinds of updates ^^
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
i am so late to this but I LOVE FIONA.
i am so late to this but I LOVE FIONA.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
Oh my gosh I love her so much I am really excited to see her in the trading post !!!
and new modern breed is a go ! Both are just as exciting news !!
Oh my gosh I love her so much I am really excited to see her in the trading post !!!
and new modern breed is a go ! Both are just as exciting news !!
ezgif-3-983a76681a47.gif
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 76 77