Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 76 77
As a relatively new player, I think I've only been here for like two of these developer updates, but anyway I am still always so surprised to see the site mods here are so involved and transparent with the community. It's really so nice to see! I'm so grateful for everything the developers do and I wish them well. ?
As a relatively new player, I think I've only been here for like two of these developer updates, but anyway I am still always so surprised to see the site mods here are so involved and transparent with the community. It's really so nice to see! I'm so grateful for everything the developers do and I wish them well. ?
ePOliyb.png LCqISMP.png tqGkHih.png
waterbanner3small_zps7cfa6105.png
8RpXJQ5.png
im so excited for a new trading post dragon and i love fiona's concept so much but- ARE WE GONNA SLEEP ON TRANS FIONA????

can a staff member/has a staff member confirmed this??? :00
im so excited for a new trading post dragon and i love fiona's concept so much but- ARE WE GONNA SLEEP ON TRANS FIONA????

can a staff member/has a staff member confirmed this??? :00
check out my art shop! [click words or image below]
silver_by_theoneandonlyvapor-dbpr7bb.png
Yay for more Familiar based activities. This is great!
Yay for more Familiar based activities. This is great!
duHgkuH.png
@suitablysolemn It has been confirmed that she is indeed trans :)
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2812274/4#post_42031300
@suitablysolemn It has been confirmed that she is indeed trans :)
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2812274/4#post_42031300
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2020-01-23 12:26:54" ] [quote name="@TheGodOfStories" date="2020-01-23 12:24:02" ] How are the unlockable familiar recolors going to act? Are they going to act like whole new familiars or like a skin that you toggle on or off? (I think I would prefer the former) Also: Are the familiars that show up in Fiona's flattery going to be randomly generated? If so that would be extra exciting! [/quote] For the first question, the one in the example image has a separate name, so it's almost certainly a different item. We have lots of familiar recolors already, like the various petal geckos or basilisks. For the second, probably? It'd be easier than manually selecting them every day. And it's already been confirmed that KS/beta familiars can show up in there! [/quote] [LIST=1] [*]When we say "recolored" we mean a new familiar [i]item[/i] that shares the same base [i]artwork[/i] (just different colors). [*]Yes, they will be randomly generated once per day. [/LIST]
Laluzi wrote on 2020-01-23 12:26:54:
@TheGodOfStories wrote on 2020-01-23 12:24:02:
How are the unlockable familiar recolors going to act? Are they going to act like whole new familiars or like a skin that you toggle on or off? (I think I would prefer the former)

Also:
Are the familiars that show up in Fiona's flattery going to be randomly generated? If so that would be extra exciting!
For the first question, the one in the example image has a separate name, so it's almost certainly a different item. We have lots of familiar recolors already, like the various petal geckos or basilisks.

For the second, probably? It'd be easier than manually selecting them every day. And it's already been confirmed that KS/beta familiars can show up in there!
  1. When we say "recolored" we mean a new familiar item that shares the same base artwork (just different colors).
  2. Yes, they will be randomly generated once per day.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I LOVE FIONA ALREADY. Skydancers are amazing and I'm so glad she'll be joining the ranks of the Trading Post!
I LOVE FIONA ALREADY. Skydancers are amazing and I'm so glad she'll be joining the ranks of the Trading Post!
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
CANT WAIT TO SEE THE NEW BREED
CANT WAIT TO SEE THE NEW BREED
oh my god I am really excited about this new character and all the things to come with her <3 getting even more bonuses and rewards for familiar interaction AND a way to interact with familiars we don't have yet??? yes fantastic thank you

also modern breed progress EXCITE!!!
oh my god I am really excited about this new character and all the things to come with her <3 getting even more bonuses and rewards for familiar interaction AND a way to interact with familiars we don't have yet??? yes fantastic thank you

also modern breed progress EXCITE!!!
1_copia_by_eifihanaki-dc71vwd.png
2_copia_by_eifihanaki-dc71vw9.png
so cool!

i wonder what the new modern breed will be
so cool!

i wonder what the new modern breed will be
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif