Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Did banescale metallic change?
1 2 3 4 5
The thing is, this is the way it was supposed to look originally. Met/alloy has always been a darker gene. Sure, it sucks they didn't give notice, but I'm really glad that they fixed the gene. There was a suggestion forum that pointed out the error (and it was a really drastic one at that). And I'm glad they listened. Many of us expect consistency in dragon genes. People did suggest they put out something similar under a different name, but met/alloy was always supposed to be the way it is, and it was only an accident that it was released differently. I mean, look at the comparisons. There's so much shading missing. Definitely lost layers in the release.

It's not a matter of "well it looked better before." Whether people like met/alloy isn't the issue. That's neither here nor there. It's that it didn't look like met/alloy and needed a name change, or to be fixed.
The thing is, this is the way it was supposed to look originally. Met/alloy has always been a darker gene. Sure, it sucks they didn't give notice, but I'm really glad that they fixed the gene. There was a suggestion forum that pointed out the error (and it was a really drastic one at that). And I'm glad they listened. Many of us expect consistency in dragon genes. People did suggest they put out something similar under a different name, but met/alloy was always supposed to be the way it is, and it was only an accident that it was released differently. I mean, look at the comparisons. There's so much shading missing. Definitely lost layers in the release.

It's not a matter of "well it looked better before." Whether people like met/alloy isn't the issue. That's neither here nor there. It's that it didn't look like met/alloy and needed a name change, or to be fixed.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
i'll be the odd one out and say i don't like it... and am actually a little annoyed.
i spent a lot of gems on a banescale specifically because i liked how the scry looked with the metal/alloy ONLY... and now i don't like the look of it at all.

i wish they would have told us that they were planning on fixing/changing these genes from the beginning.

i feel like the metallic is over-rendered compared to every other gene, lol. and it clashes.
i'll be the odd one out and say i don't like it... and am actually a little annoyed.
i spent a lot of gems on a banescale specifically because i liked how the scry looked with the metal/alloy ONLY... and now i don't like the look of it at all.

i wish they would have told us that they were planning on fixing/changing these genes from the beginning.

i feel like the metallic is over-rendered compared to every other gene, lol. and it clashes.
yq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngiKfVyMU.png
I really wish genes weren't released "broken"- or at least if they must be pushed out with a breed, some sort of consequential announcement that they are broken/needing to be fixed, DURING release. It's been what, over a month since banescale were released? I'm a little miffed to have spent money on a gene I didnt know was "wrong" and subsequently got fixed without warning. I liked the look of old metallic on my dragon, but now I need to pay more for something else to at least try to get that look back. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/378207856824025093/664048440833081354/20200107_051117.jpg[/img]
I really wish genes weren't released "broken"- or at least if they must be pushed out with a breed, some sort of consequential announcement that they are broken/needing to be fixed, DURING release.

It's been what, over a month since banescale were released? I'm a little miffed to have spent money on a gene I didnt know was "wrong" and subsequently got fixed without warning. I liked the look of old metallic on my dragon, but now I need to pay more for something else to at least try to get that look back.

20200107_051117.jpg
@kavalkade
oof. i'm feelin' for ya. that is such a HUGE change.

i feel for everyone who'll wake in the morning and hate it as well. yikes
@kavalkade
oof. i'm feelin' for ya. that is such a HUGE change.

i feel for everyone who'll wake in the morning and hate it as well. yikes
yq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngiKfVyMU.png
I’m also quite annoyed with this decision. Regardless of whether the old look was unintentional, it doesn’t change the fact that people spent gems (and not a small sum) within a month’s timeframe, not knowing that the gems would be spent on something they quite literally didn’t pay for. I’m sure many, if not most, people who actually spent gems on the old Met/Alloy Banescale genes did not do so holding out for a hope that their Banescales would update to match the modern breeds (especially after a month); they did so because they wanted their Banescales to look like what they were told they would look like.

I see no reason that “this was an error” would be an argument to blame the user, and to say that “they should have known.” If anything, it being an error should be all the more reason FR should have given the playerbase more transparency and made up for it, especially the people this error actually affected (people who actually bought the gene).
I’m also quite annoyed with this decision. Regardless of whether the old look was unintentional, it doesn’t change the fact that people spent gems (and not a small sum) within a month’s timeframe, not knowing that the gems would be spent on something they quite literally didn’t pay for. I’m sure many, if not most, people who actually spent gems on the old Met/Alloy Banescale genes did not do so holding out for a hope that their Banescales would update to match the modern breeds (especially after a month); they did so because they wanted their Banescales to look like what they were told they would look like.

I see no reason that “this was an error” would be an argument to blame the user, and to say that “they should have known.” If anything, it being an error should be all the more reason FR should have given the playerbase more transparency and made up for it, especially the people this error actually affected (people who actually bought the gene).
aDbDBS5.png
I don't think anyone is blaming the user for it or saying that anyone should have known. I also haven't seen anyone say that it doesn't totally suck that it came out nowhere for people who liked the old version either. I just see plenty of people explaining why it changed and why it's a good thing they are fixing their mistakes and keeping things consistent.

Is it unprofessional not to triple check a gene to make sure it's right before it's released? Yes. Should there have been a notice saying it was going to be changed? Probably. Does it mean that that mistake shouldn't be corrected? No. There are still plenty of other gene and art errors that need to be fixed or cleaned up that we have been waiting forever on. At least they fixed it fairly quickly. By FR standards at least.
I don't think anyone is blaming the user for it or saying that anyone should have known. I also haven't seen anyone say that it doesn't totally suck that it came out nowhere for people who liked the old version either. I just see plenty of people explaining why it changed and why it's a good thing they are fixing their mistakes and keeping things consistent.

Is it unprofessional not to triple check a gene to make sure it's right before it's released? Yes. Should there have been a notice saying it was going to be changed? Probably. Does it mean that that mistake shouldn't be corrected? No. There are still plenty of other gene and art errors that need to be fixed or cleaned up that we have been waiting forever on. At least they fixed it fairly quickly. By FR standards at least.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2020-01-07 02:07:21" ] It's not a matter of "well it looked better before." Whether people like met/alloy isn't the issue. That's neither here nor there. It's that it didn't look like met/alloy and needed a name change, or to be fixed. [/quote]
vihuff wrote on 2020-01-07 02:07:21:
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I'm kinda glad I didn't go with metallic on Seregios now...I agree it needed to be fixed, but it would have been nice to have an announcement or something as soon as they were aware of the issue.
I'm kinda glad I didn't go with metallic on Seregios now...I agree it needed to be fixed, but it would have been nice to have an announcement or something as soon as they were aware of the issue.
CK1QM1M.png91069659.png91292986.png91366580.png91366581.png91366582.png
Really wondering whether the Admins will offer some sort of refund option?
No way they could track who bought the genes vs. who bred for them now tho :/
Really wondering whether the Admins will offer some sort of refund option?
No way they could track who bought the genes vs. who bred for them now tho :/
[quote name="Zekko" date="2020-01-07 01:57:13" ] Yeah, it's totally different. The colors changed completely. I'm flabbergasted they would make a change this major without telling us ahead of time (to my knowledge). Banescales and their metal/alloy genes have been out for a whole month and they didn't think to tell anyone they were changing the look of the genes entirely before letting people drop gems on it for that long? It's absolutely wild to me. [/quote] ^ This Communication about this sort of stuff takes 30 seconds to type out. There's no reason they shouldn't have. Felt like staff was doing so well lately but this is a big oof. If they were going to let people pay for what it looked like "pre-fix" they should have kept both versions.
Zekko wrote on 2020-01-07 01:57:13:
Yeah, it's totally different. The colors changed completely.

I'm flabbergasted they would make a change this major without telling us ahead of time (to my knowledge). Banescales and their metal/alloy genes have been out for a whole month and they didn't think to tell anyone they were changing the look of the genes entirely before letting people drop gems on it for that long? It's absolutely wild to me.

^ This

Communication about this sort of stuff takes 30 seconds to type out. There's no reason they shouldn't have. Felt like staff was doing so well lately but this is a big oof.

If they were going to let people pay for what it looked like "pre-fix" they should have kept both versions.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
1 2 3 4 5