Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What have you learned since joining?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
The coliseum relieves my stress and makes me feel productive, leveling dragons through a predictable, monotonous process that allows my mind to float freely. I can stop at any time without repercussion, no pressure.Within that state my creative writing brain is activated, and I imagine personalities and backstories for the trainees. It's my favorite thing to do when I need to detox from work.
The coliseum relieves my stress and makes me feel productive, leveling dragons through a predictable, monotonous process that allows my mind to float freely. I can stop at any time without repercussion, no pressure.Within that state my creative writing brain is activated, and I imagine personalities and backstories for the trainees. It's my favorite thing to do when I need to detox from work.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
If I managed to get a boatload of money IRL, I( like to think I)’d be super generous with tips and random gifts, but I would also be a filthy hoarder who doesn’t like to see my savings drop below a certain number for [i]absolutely no reason[/i]. Circulating money in the economy? Never heard of it. Uhh, I’ve tried doing commissions here and there, and that’s been pretty fun! But it’s also taught me that I do [i]not[/i] have the motivation to keep them open indefinitely; I can churn art out in limited bursts but after that I stop wanting to touch my tablet for a few days "OTL And in more petsite-related terms: I’m a filthy hoarder of not only money but also [i]every item under the sun[/i], ESPECIALLY when there’s a teeny tiny chance xyz random useless item could become useful later (hi, Baldwin and Swipp). Do I ever actually [i]sell[/i] the $formerlyUselessThing when it becomes useful? Ha, hahaha [i]no[/i], but it gives me a little moment of smugness when I realize I have a stack of items that everyone else is scrambling for. [s]God, I sound like a smug jerk.[/s] Oh yeah, and nothing keeps my interest in a site quite like regular updates. I’ve gone on a few hiatuses, some intentional some not so much, but mostly I really appreciate the monthly festivals for giving me a definite reason to keep checking in. Last but not least, on a related note to that: grinding is actually kinda fun, sue me. I just gotta have immediate benefits (in this case, fodder payouts) and I can do it all day. >:3 edit: The poster above me pretty much summed up the Coli thing! [quote name="Antigen" date="2019-11-18 16:09:59" ]The coliseum relieves my stress and makes me feel productive, leveling dragons through a predictable, monotonous process that allows my mind to float freely. I can stop at any time without repercussion, no pressure. […] It's my favorite thing to do when I need to detox from work.[/quote]
If I managed to get a boatload of money IRL, I( like to think I)’d be super generous with tips and random gifts, but I would also be a filthy hoarder who doesn’t like to see my savings drop below a certain number for absolutely no reason. Circulating money in the economy? Never heard of it.

Uhh, I’ve tried doing commissions here and there, and that’s been pretty fun! But it’s also taught me that I do not have the motivation to keep them open indefinitely; I can churn art out in limited bursts but after that I stop wanting to touch my tablet for a few days "OTL

And in more petsite-related terms: I’m a filthy hoarder of not only money but also every item under the sun, ESPECIALLY when there’s a teeny tiny chance xyz random useless item could become useful later (hi, Baldwin and Swipp). Do I ever actually sell the $formerlyUselessThing when it becomes useful? Ha, hahaha no, but it gives me a little moment of smugness when I realize I have a stack of items that everyone else is scrambling for. God, I sound like a smug jerk.

Oh yeah, and nothing keeps my interest in a site quite like regular updates. I’ve gone on a few hiatuses, some intentional some not so much, but mostly I really appreciate the monthly festivals for giving me a definite reason to keep checking in. Last but not least, on a related note to that: grinding is actually kinda fun, sue me. I just gotta have immediate benefits (in this case, fodder payouts) and I can do it all day. >:3

edit: The poster above me pretty much summed up the Coli thing!
Antigen wrote on 2019-11-18 16:09:59:
The coliseum relieves my stress and makes me feel productive, leveling dragons through a predictable, monotonous process that allows my mind to float freely. I can stop at any time without repercussion, no pressure. […] It's my favorite thing to do when I need to detox from work.
I really like seeing numbers go up.

...And feathered/furred lizards.
I really like seeing numbers go up.

...And feathered/furred lizards.
I love writing and lore, and that time does not always a good story make. It takes a good structure and great characters to write something worthwhile.

It's hard to keep up an RP.
I love writing and lore, and that time does not always a good story make. It takes a good structure and great characters to write something worthwhile.

It's hard to keep up an RP.
fiFase7.png Draca
She/They
FRT +3
Roleplay Clan
If you do art comms I'm probably on your pinglist lol
[quote name="Galatheid" date="2019-11-18 15:20:07" ] I obsess over aesthetics too much. [/quote]
Galatheid wrote on 2019-11-18 15:20:07:
I obsess over aesthetics too much.
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
i am the king of starting projects then taking 23598459 years to finish them
i am the king of starting projects then taking 23598459 years to finish them
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery
I am not to be trusted with money.
I am not to be trusted with money.
PJb908Z.png
I'm actually quite reasonable with my wants, and I'm decent with money.

This does not apply to IRL.
I'm actually quite reasonable with my wants, and I'm decent with money.

This does not apply to IRL.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
that i apparently love browns :B
that i apparently love browns :B
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
[quote name="EeveeDream" date="2019-11-18 15:40:37" ] I love teaching giving people tools that help them in some way, like how I made the Sedona build and put together a channel in the discord I admin to help people with the coliseum. Whenever I know something, I just really want to share it. Whenever I know something helpful, especially when there is a need for the solution, I work very hard to spread it around. [/quote] Absolutely love this response. Thank you!
EeveeDream wrote on 2019-11-18 15:40:37:
I love teaching giving people tools that help them in some way, like how I made the Sedona build and put together a channel in the discord I admin to help people with the coliseum. Whenever I know something, I just really want to share it. Whenever I know something helpful, especially when there is a need for the solution, I work very hard to spread it around.

Absolutely love this response. Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20