Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Changing Scroll?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I just want to add that the whole "Two mommies/daddies" thing is rather moot and completely the opposite of what we are talking about here in regards to a gender changing scroll.
The parents of a dragon is a male and a female. Period. We aren't looking to change that. Whether they were once male and you changed them to a female, as soon as you used that scroll it is no longer a male. And vice versa.
I like the point that SparkSparkBoom made. When a dragon's lineage is shown, it shows two dragons. It never lists who was the male and who was the female. We are able to make an educated guess on it based on the order they are listed as. But it doesn't say "mother" and "father". I don't think it would make a spit of difference of whether it was a male in DragonA's lineage and a female in DragonB's lineage. It would have zero impact on the fact that you can't put two dragons together that are within 5 generations of each other. The breed and the color diversity alone, I believe, does a well enough job to keep that from happening.
I just want to add that the whole "Two mommies/daddies" thing is rather moot and completely the opposite of what we are talking about here in regards to a gender changing scroll.
The parents of a dragon is a male and a female. Period. We aren't looking to change that. Whether they were once male and you changed them to a female, as soon as you used that scroll it is no longer a male. And vice versa.
I like the point that SparkSparkBoom made. When a dragon's lineage is shown, it shows two dragons. It never lists who was the male and who was the female. We are able to make an educated guess on it based on the order they are listed as. But it doesn't say "mother" and "father". I don't think it would make a spit of difference of whether it was a male in DragonA's lineage and a female in DragonB's lineage. It would have zero impact on the fact that you can't put two dragons together that are within 5 generations of each other. The breed and the color diversity alone, I believe, does a well enough job to keep that from happening.
@thecatsred

I honestly don't see why the fact I'm not planning to breed him means I shouldn't be in a hurry to get him? He's the perfect dragon, I assume anyone is in a hurry and impatient when it comes to trying to get their dream dragon regardless if they plan to breed them. It may be a game revolving around breeding dragons, but there is a lot more you can do with them besides breeding. Coli battles for one, putting appeal on them, making them a bio, etc.

As far as dealing with other people's dragons. People host nests and lend out dragons to breed all the time. Normally its for a fee, but I got lucky enough to find someone who's willing to let me use their dragon for free. I'm not complaining, its free I have no real room to complain. Just saying after all that hard work to have something like gender ruin the perfect dragon would just be frustrating to no possible end.

My point with saying I wasn't planning to breed him was to try and put some of these people at ease. Not everyone is looking to exploit something like a gender change for a breeding project.

I hope I'm not coming across snippy or hostile. That was never my intent. I was simply trying to show how this idea could/would be used by some without the intent to make the game "too easy" and if that was someone's concern than make any gander changed dragon unable to breed period. I just see more pros than cons with this, but I'm simply giving an opinion like everyone else here. I read that the admins already said they wouldn't do this in this thread, which is fine. I still support the concept and will work toward the dragon I really want.

The color combo I'm working toward is Emerald/Tomato/Tomato and at the moment as long as the dragon has those colors is male and of Lightning flight I can gene change and breed change to get him the way I truly want. Everyone has different approaches to getting these dragons. Some don't even bother breeding and buy said dragon if they can find the colors/genes/breed/etc. that they want.
@thecatsred

I honestly don't see why the fact I'm not planning to breed him means I shouldn't be in a hurry to get him? He's the perfect dragon, I assume anyone is in a hurry and impatient when it comes to trying to get their dream dragon regardless if they plan to breed them. It may be a game revolving around breeding dragons, but there is a lot more you can do with them besides breeding. Coli battles for one, putting appeal on them, making them a bio, etc.

As far as dealing with other people's dragons. People host nests and lend out dragons to breed all the time. Normally its for a fee, but I got lucky enough to find someone who's willing to let me use their dragon for free. I'm not complaining, its free I have no real room to complain. Just saying after all that hard work to have something like gender ruin the perfect dragon would just be frustrating to no possible end.

My point with saying I wasn't planning to breed him was to try and put some of these people at ease. Not everyone is looking to exploit something like a gender change for a breeding project.

I hope I'm not coming across snippy or hostile. That was never my intent. I was simply trying to show how this idea could/would be used by some without the intent to make the game "too easy" and if that was someone's concern than make any gander changed dragon unable to breed period. I just see more pros than cons with this, but I'm simply giving an opinion like everyone else here. I read that the admins already said they wouldn't do this in this thread, which is fine. I still support the concept and will work toward the dragon I really want.

The color combo I'm working toward is Emerald/Tomato/Tomato and at the moment as long as the dragon has those colors is male and of Lightning flight I can gene change and breed change to get him the way I truly want. Everyone has different approaches to getting these dragons. Some don't even bother breeding and buy said dragon if they can find the colors/genes/breed/etc. that they want.
@Darknessfang [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3686751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36868/3686751_350.png[/img] [/url] 25k [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3601242] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36013/3601242_350.png[/img] [/url] 50k g1 range: http://fr.fintastic.net/?id=32,47,58,58,58,60,1 Very possible to get your dragon from this pair! And these were just ones I found for sale. Good luck!
@Darknessfang

3686751_350.png

3601242_350.png

50k g1

range: http://fr.fintastic.net/?id=32,47,58,58,58,60,1

Very possible to get your dragon from this pair! And these were just ones I found for sale. Good luck!

This argument has been going on since I first joined like 8 months ago pffft

no support- and I collect exclusively male imps apparently HA

if they brought in sex scrolls they could bring in imp scrolls again is all I'm sayin'. Only breed you can't change to

my sarcasm is dripping in this post FYI.
This argument has been going on since I first joined like 8 months ago pffft

no support- and I collect exclusively male imps apparently HA

if they brought in sex scrolls they could bring in imp scrolls again is all I'm sayin'. Only breed you can't change to

my sarcasm is dripping in this post FYI.
@thecatsred

Thank you very much ^^ I love how helpful the FR community is and how we can discuss something like this topic without being at each other's throats.
@thecatsred

Thank you very much ^^ I love how helpful the FR community is and how we can discuss something like this topic without being at each other's throats.
gaaahhh i want this so bad... support...

im having the hardest time securing a leaf/leaf/white or leaf/leaf/maize female dragon of any kind.. i have a male leaf/leaf/white and a male leaf/leaf/maize.. if i could just breed them theyd give me dragons with the color range i want.. because im making Coatl Quaker parrots.

I have settled with one female for the males that is a leaf/leaf/carmine, but she still isnt the right colorings for me.. T.T not fair..
gaaahhh i want this so bad... support...

im having the hardest time securing a leaf/leaf/white or leaf/leaf/maize female dragon of any kind.. i have a male leaf/leaf/white and a male leaf/leaf/maize.. if i could just breed them theyd give me dragons with the color range i want.. because im making Coatl Quaker parrots.

I have settled with one female for the males that is a leaf/leaf/carmine, but she still isnt the right colorings for me.. T.T not fair..
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
So much support! Really, if we can change genes and breeds, we should be able to have a gender change scroll, especially if it was a rare, gem-only item. I think that would keep most people from abusing the system. :)
So much support! Really, if we can change genes and breeds, we should be able to have a gender change scroll, especially if it was a rare, gem-only item. I think that would keep most people from abusing the system. :)
roses-divider.png
The lineage list doesn't specifically say Male and Female, but the Male is ALWAYS the first dragon listed and the Female is ALWAYS the second. I specifically name my pairs because of this. I'm sure female and male dragons have something in their code that makes the results show this way, and I'm pretty sure that this would affect the Parents section.
The lineage list doesn't specifically say Male and Female, but the Male is ALWAYS the first dragon listed and the Female is ALWAYS the second. I specifically name my pairs because of this. I'm sure female and male dragons have something in their code that makes the results show this way, and I'm pretty sure that this would affect the Parents section.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
once again, for I don't want count, no support. It may be frustrating an take time to breed or find that perfect dragon with the right sex, but that is actually a fun part of the game. Patience is a good thing.
once again, for I don't want count, no support. It may be frustrating an take time to breed or find that perfect dragon with the right sex, but that is actually a fun part of the game. Patience is a good thing.
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
can people stop calling it a gender change scroll? its a sex change scroll. gender and sex arent the same thing.

also i dont support this
can people stop calling it a gender change scroll? its a sex change scroll. gender and sex arent the same thing.

also i dont support this
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11