Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593
LOL so um I'm getting an ad for what I guess is a site/app called 'Wish'. Blue ad. It's for like clothing or something and the first image is...what can only be described as a sort of mask? Or like helmet? And it's just male genitalia. Just a naked you-know-what with a black t-shirt below it like some sort of cosplay I've never wanted to see in my life. I have a screenshot but for obvious reasons I don't want to post it. If a mod/admin would like a pm with the image I would be happy to provide it. Edit: I really feel like I'm doing a terrible job explaining so here is an image with the offending weird genitalia cosplay blurred to the max. If its still too 'obvious' what it is I hope a mod will just edit my post. [img]https://i.imgur.com/pK8i0zg.png[/img] also not to mention the creepy 3rd image.
LOL so um I'm getting an ad for what I guess is a site/app called 'Wish'. Blue ad. It's for like clothing or something and the first image is...what can only be described as a sort of mask? Or like helmet? And it's just male genitalia. Just a naked you-know-what with a black t-shirt below it like some sort of cosplay I've never wanted to see in my life.

I have a screenshot but for obvious reasons I don't want to post it. If a mod/admin would like a pm with the image I would be happy to provide it.

Edit: I really feel like I'm doing a terrible job explaining so here is an image with the offending weird genitalia cosplay blurred to the max. If its still too 'obvious' what it is I hope a mod will just edit my post.

pK8i0zg.png

also not to mention the creepy 3rd image.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
Two of my dragon's pages just tried to forcibly redirect me. I didn't see where the redirect was supposed to go to because it actually asked me if i wanted to send my information to the redirect location or something (it was really similar to the "this webpage has expired we need to resend some information" error message that you'd get in your browser if you tried to back up onto a search results page under the old dragon search system, it popped up in the little browser error window and everything) first, and i decided to shut the browser down with the task manager rather than click either of the buttons.

I don't remember specifically what it said but the way the message was worded implied i was going to be redirected somewhere no matter what i clicked, it was like "this page is being redirected to a new location something about sending your information there". Both times it popped up in the little window usually reserved for browser error messages and prevented me from clicking anything else in the window. I tried to copypaste the text the second time but it wouldn't let me.
Two of my dragon's pages just tried to forcibly redirect me. I didn't see where the redirect was supposed to go to because it actually asked me if i wanted to send my information to the redirect location or something (it was really similar to the "this webpage has expired we need to resend some information" error message that you'd get in your browser if you tried to back up onto a search results page under the old dragon search system, it popped up in the little browser error window and everything) first, and i decided to shut the browser down with the task manager rather than click either of the buttons.

I don't remember specifically what it said but the way the message was worded implied i was going to be redirected somewhere no matter what i clicked, it was like "this page is being redirected to a new location something about sending your information there". Both times it popped up in the little window usually reserved for browser error messages and prevented me from clicking anything else in the window. I tried to copypaste the text the second time but it wouldn't let me.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
I've been getting redirects since a few weeks before ads were disabled, and it seems they're back on now. I'll leave FR open in a tab and when I come back to it a full page (likely viral) ad will be open instead. I use safari 13.0.1and have adblockplus installed but disabled for this page Here are some examples of redirects I've gotten in the past hour [img]https://i.imgur.com/Qhoiylk.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/JoRu5y4.png[/img] and a (neutered) link example for the first image https[://]popdealconcretefileclicks[.]top/Yb_AYqU0X9KaqJq7uxZgiPU7NApJDK4SOwkeBwFWAVI?cid=e26c7a23-ea17-483f-be5e-372f6083ff19&sid=5da0ad56-49f6-4478-940f-b077ca096ae5&qs1=PlayerSetup
I've been getting redirects since a few weeks before ads were disabled, and it seems they're back on now. I'll leave FR open in a tab and when I come back to it a full page (likely viral) ad will be open instead. I use safari 13.0.1and have adblockplus installed but disabled for this page

Here are some examples of redirects I've gotten in the past hour
Qhoiylk.png
JoRu5y4.png

and a (neutered) link example for the first image
https[://]popdealconcretefileclicks[.]top/Yb_AYqU0X9KaqJq7uxZgiPU7NApJDK4SOwkeBwFWAVI?cid=e26c7a23-ea17-483f-be5e-372f6083ff19&sid=5da0ad56-49f6-4478-940f-b077ca096ae5&qs1=PlayerSetup
Alright it happened a third time already and i managed to get a closer look at the redirect message's text.

The message is in a regular browser error message window and says "This web page is being redirected to a new location. Would you like to resend the form data you have typed to the new location?" and then OK/Cancel buttons.

It also forcibly moved me to look at the tab the message was on this time, because i was looking at a completely different tab when it popped up. So far it's still only happening on dragon pages, but it's happening on them very frequently.
Alright it happened a third time already and i managed to get a closer look at the redirect message's text.

The message is in a regular browser error message window and says "This web page is being redirected to a new location. Would you like to resend the form data you have typed to the new location?" and then OK/Cancel buttons.

It also forcibly moved me to look at the tab the message was on this time, because i was looking at a completely different tab when it popped up. So far it's still only happening on dragon pages, but it's happening on them very frequently.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
I was just redirected to this website: https://fixtypelast-restclicks.icu/AYrrzRHJxpThKQslK_sARh9xoAtfyt6DbP96g5J6ISY?cid=6fffbc54-c6ea-4859-ab90-938a51806542&sid=5da0ad56-49f6-4478-940f-b077ca096ae5&qs1=PlayerSetup . It asked me to update my Flash Player.

Edit: I was attempting to play the Jigsaw minigame.
I was just redirected to this website: https://fixtypelast-restclicks.icu/AYrrzRHJxpThKQslK_sARh9xoAtfyt6DbP96g5J6ISY?cid=6fffbc54-c6ea-4859-ab90-938a51806542&sid=5da0ad56-49f6-4478-940f-b077ca096ae5&qs1=PlayerSetup . It asked me to update my Flash Player.

Edit: I was attempting to play the Jigsaw minigame.
I'm being redirected again now that ads have been reenabled. It was nice that it stopped while ads were turned off (and I 100% understand why FR needs ads), but it doesn't seem like anything has been resolved.
I'm being redirected again now that ads have been reenabled. It was nice that it stopped while ads were turned off (and I 100% understand why FR needs ads), but it doesn't seem like anything has been resolved.
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
It seems that these redirects do not happen in Firefox or my phones internet app
i also don't ever see "ads" as all my ads on the site are from hiveworkscomics? thats the ONLY ad i have ever got, really odd
It seems that these redirects do not happen in Firefox or my phones internet app
i also don't ever see "ads" as all my ads on the site are from hiveworkscomics? thats the ONLY ad i have ever got, really odd
Thank you for the reports everyone!

I am closing this thread very soon. We are starting a new thread: Advertising Report Thread 2.0

The new thread contains the instructions to best report ads in a way that allows us to do something about it! Flight Rising is served by several ad networks, managed by Hiveworks. Each of these networks has its own rotation of ads, sometimes in the millions. Without knowing more about the ad, it can be difficult to know which network to report it to, or which network needs a time-out while it gets its act together.

Screenshots and destination urls don't provide us this information. We need to know where the ad came from. The new thread provides instructions on how to make the best report with information we can act on.

If its not possible to inspect an ad due to your device or redirects making it impossible, it's still fine to report the old fashioned way. But reporting with the inspect element information truly gives us the best chance of getting an offending ad off our site.
Thank you for the reports everyone!

I am closing this thread very soon. We are starting a new thread: Advertising Report Thread 2.0

The new thread contains the instructions to best report ads in a way that allows us to do something about it! Flight Rising is served by several ad networks, managed by Hiveworks. Each of these networks has its own rotation of ads, sometimes in the millions. Without knowing more about the ad, it can be difficult to know which network to report it to, or which network needs a time-out while it gets its act together.

Screenshots and destination urls don't provide us this information. We need to know where the ad came from. The new thread provides instructions on how to make the best report with information we can act on.

If its not possible to inspect an ad due to your device or redirects making it impossible, it's still fine to report the old fashioned way. But reporting with the inspect element information truly gives us the best chance of getting an offending ad off our site.
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593