Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book recommendations?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@WilliG - By who?
@WilliG - By who?
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
Listen.

The Warm Bodies series. I promise, the books are not the sweet nice story that the movie was.

The author, Isaac Marion, is getting ready to take them out of print.

Get them. Read them.

Listen.

The Warm Bodies series. I promise, the books are not the sweet nice story that the movie was.

The author, Isaac Marion, is getting ready to take them out of print.

Get them. Read them.

At least you walked a lonely road and gave it a friend.
omg!
Anything by Patrick Ness!!!!
Like:
The Chaos Walking Trilogy (there's a movie f it coming out soon)
More than This

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and it's series if poss. I read it ages ago and idk why the main character annoyed me so much but i still read it.

Humanity F--- Yeah series in reddit. It's hella good imo. There's a lot to read for it though. Very community created stories.

omg!
Anything by Patrick Ness!!!!
Like:
The Chaos Walking Trilogy (there's a movie f it coming out soon)
More than This

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and it's series if poss. I read it ages ago and idk why the main character annoyed me so much but i still read it.

Humanity F--- Yeah series in reddit. It's hella good imo. There's a lot to read for it though. Very community created stories.

XSTEf.gifvWggu.gif
YyB0n.gifMsN0e.gifxpXwR.gifJtKrE.gif
WMS3e.gifWGZTf.gif
q1eJn.gifeIcdE.gif
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis, one of my ultimate favorites

Dragon Rider by Corneila Funke, first 800+ page book I ever read and the beginning of how I came to love dragons.

The Spiderwick Chronicles by TonyDiTerlizzi and Holly Black, taught me to find adventure and fantastic creatures in my own backyard.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis, one of my ultimate favorites

Dragon Rider by Corneila Funke, first 800+ page book I ever read and the beginning of how I came to love dragons.

The Spiderwick Chronicles by TonyDiTerlizzi and Holly Black, taught me to find adventure and fantastic creatures in my own backyard.
Philippians 4:13 I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength

WARNING: I am prone to use random LOTR and the Hobbit references XD
I have no mouth and i must scream by Harlan Ellison science fiction/sci fi w/h horror def. a great read, one of my favorite books

the android's dream by john scalzi, kinda weird but a very good read

I have no mouth and i must scream by Harlan Ellison science fiction/sci fi w/h horror def. a great read, one of my favorite books

the android's dream by john scalzi, kinda weird but a very good read

tumblr_nuxtn9HLSs1uacd6oo1_1280.png
I started reading Gravity's Rainbow recently. It's the weirdest, most obscene, most confusing thing I've ever read and I'm loving it, even if I have no idea what's going on half the time. Probably not for those who don't do a lot of reading. If you're up to it, I've had an amazing experience with it so far. I'm only about 140/776 pages in though.
I started reading Gravity's Rainbow recently. It's the weirdest, most obscene, most confusing thing I've ever read and I'm loving it, even if I have no idea what's going on half the time. Probably not for those who don't do a lot of reading. If you're up to it, I've had an amazing experience with it so far. I'm only about 140/776 pages in though.
"Darkness still fell upon the cliff and the horn of the new moon vanished in the end behind the window of the wall as into a long-feared shelter in the Earth rich with the frames humility of God's memory and reflections. The stars in the sky shivered as they crawled once more up the fantastic ladder and into the void of themselves. They wondered whose turn would be next to fall from the sky as the last ghost of the crew had died and they alone were left to frame Christ's tree and home."
Oooo!!
My current obsession is scifi/horror so Ive read a couple that ive loved so far

Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer. Honestly one of my favorite books of all time. Its scary, its weird, and its beautiful. Its a slow burn horror, and mainly relies on the atmosphere the book generates, but man, it's powerful. Also being a biology nerd, having the stuff in the book happen in real life would be the coolest worst nightmare ever. I also reccomend the audiobook.

Borne by Jeff Vandermeer. Yes I'm recommending two of his books. Borne is weird like Annihilation, but cruising on a more traditional sci-fi-less-horror vein than Annihilation, but just as mind bending. Im gonna admit, when I got around the middle of the book I felt tired, like when are the characters going to get what they came for??, but dude this book has one of the BEST endings Ive ever read. It made me cry happy and sad tears. Deeply creative story with love, mutant animals, and loving those mutant animals. Oh, and giant murderous flying bears. Also, I reccomend The Strange Bird after and only after reading Borne. Its a sequel short story to Borne.

Out of The Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis. This is a sci-fi novel written before the moon landing, and I think it made for an interesting take on our view of the universe. The entire Space Trilogy send us into a glimpse of 'deep heaven'; almost mythical world of science and the supernatural. I love this book. Its like Narnia, but space.
Oooo!!
My current obsession is scifi/horror so Ive read a couple that ive loved so far

Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer. Honestly one of my favorite books of all time. Its scary, its weird, and its beautiful. Its a slow burn horror, and mainly relies on the atmosphere the book generates, but man, it's powerful. Also being a biology nerd, having the stuff in the book happen in real life would be the coolest worst nightmare ever. I also reccomend the audiobook.

Borne by Jeff Vandermeer. Yes I'm recommending two of his books. Borne is weird like Annihilation, but cruising on a more traditional sci-fi-less-horror vein than Annihilation, but just as mind bending. Im gonna admit, when I got around the middle of the book I felt tired, like when are the characters going to get what they came for??, but dude this book has one of the BEST endings Ive ever read. It made me cry happy and sad tears. Deeply creative story with love, mutant animals, and loving those mutant animals. Oh, and giant murderous flying bears. Also, I reccomend The Strange Bird after and only after reading Borne. Its a sequel short story to Borne.

Out of The Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis. This is a sci-fi novel written before the moon landing, and I think it made for an interesting take on our view of the universe. The entire Space Trilogy send us into a glimpse of 'deep heaven'; almost mythical world of science and the supernatural. I love this book. Its like Narnia, but space.
Frankenstein3.jpg
Bursts In Door

The Five Kingdoms, Rule of 3, Warrior Cats.....

I uhh... like fantasy
Bursts In Door

The Five Kingdoms, Rule of 3, Warrior Cats.....

I uhh... like fantasy
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
Half Bad by Sally Green (3rd book is a let down)
Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
Half Bad by Sally Green (3rd book is a let down)
1550200768301.png 1550941667954.png 1550191311250.png
If you haven’t read Ender’s Game, it’s really interesting.

The Giver is also a great utopian society future novel.
If you haven’t read Ender’s Game, it’s really interesting.

The Giver is also a great utopian society future novel.
bloom-into-you-manga-banner.jpg
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14