Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | tab description error
1 2 3
ok, I got the descriptions to save! I will say, I think part of my issue was me using emojis (not flight rising ones). when I excluded the emojis from my descriptions and edited + saved something else on the page, my descriptions did save. so I guess I'll leave the emojis out for now [emoji=gaoler tongue size=1]
ok, I got the descriptions to save!
I will say, I think part of my issue was me using emojis (not flight rising ones). when I excluded the emojis from my descriptions and edited + saved something else on the page, my descriptions did save. so I guess I'll leave the emojis out for now
tumblr_pvaafvIJGt1xdiur2o1_250.png tumblr_pvaafvIJGt1xdiur2o1_250.pngtumblr_pvaafvIJGt1xdiur2o1_250.png
Thanks for the info @platypi

Yes, tab descriptions are just plain text. It's quite possible that attempting to use anything other than that would cause a saving issue, or possibly result in making a separate issue worse.
Thanks for the info @platypi

Yes, tab descriptions are just plain text. It's quite possible that attempting to use anything other than that would cause a saving issue, or possibly result in making a separate issue worse.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
It appears that at least some of the issue is also caused by clicking the "X" button (Exit edit mode) as if it's a save button.

To avoid confusion, this button will now become disabled when editing a tab description or name. Clicking outside those fields initiates the save and unlocks the "X" button.

Keeping this in mind, as well as the limitations relating to emoji and other special characters, please report any additional cases where a tab saves with an error or fails to save entirely here.

Thanks everyone!
It appears that at least some of the issue is also caused by clicking the "X" button (Exit edit mode) as if it's a save button.

To avoid confusion, this button will now become disabled when editing a tab description or name. Clicking outside those fields initiates the save and unlocks the "X" button.

Keeping this in mind, as well as the limitations relating to emoji and other special characters, please report any additional cases where a tab saves with an error or fails to save entirely here.

Thanks everyone!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
1 2 3